New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

4 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

I mean if you meet a old player or something fine but adults getting excited about taking a photo with a player half there age is very sad and most of the players feel the same.

Sponsors' nights and the like are the very nuts and bolts of football clubs, and a major driver of income. If it wasn't for the fact these saddos are pumping their money in because they're so into it, our club would be in a worse financial state. The players can like it or lump it as far as I'm concerned, it's part of their job. 

7 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

I mean if you meet a old player or something fine but adults getting excited about taking a photo with a player half there age is very sad and most of the players feel the same.

Perhaps you could supply a list of suitable things that people are allowed to enjoy or not enjoy. 

Busby nets the rebound
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Courtesy Tom Lamb, FB.

01CE969C-735C-4ED1-8F0E-07BD1FA2564D.jpeg

Look at that pitch... Loving it..

Just now, Busby nets the rebound said:

Look at that pitch... Loving it..

We'll never have had a better pitch for a November game - look at the goalmouth!

Just now, Smithee said:

We'll never have had a better pitch for a November game - look at the goalmouth!

But on the flip side it's now going to have a run of solid games with little rest between them for the ground staff. 

9 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

I never asked you to comment, my source isn’t a labourer.

Your comments would suggest you don't want it to be available for a game on Sunday and would be overjoyed to be proved correct.

Wrong un.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

But on the flip side it's now going to have a run of solid games with little rest between them for the ground staff. 

Oh yeah, poor bugger 

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Courtesy Tom Lamb, FB.

Catching up with this, that looks absolutely breathtaking. A midweek, sold out match will be nothing short of  incredible. 

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Your source? was it Deep Throat (Mark Felt)?

18 minutes ago, barcajambo said:

Is it possible your 'source' is a bitter hobbit who happens to work onsite?  

Coburg Hearts

Not sure if this was the photo posted earlier, but you can clearly see the hand-rails. Edit. It is the same photo.

DOxFraFVoAAiBr5.jpg

Edited by Coburg Hearts

5 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Your comments would suggest you don't want it to be available for a game on Sunday and would be overjoyed to be proved correct.

Wrong un.

Ye it looks like some random making a bold statement on the hope he's called it right. Then come on here all smug that he had some inside information when in reality it was a lucky guess 

1 minute ago, scabber said:

Ye it looks like some random making a bold statement on the hope he's called it right. Then come on here all smug that he had some inside information when in reality it was a lucky guess 

Don’t worry he will be wrong.

1 minute ago, obua said:

Don’t worry he will be wrong.

Good stuff obua keep up the good work and reliable information  cheers

1 minute ago, scabber said:

Good stuff obua keep up the good work and reliable information  cheers

Just hopeful the good news becomes official in the morning .

30 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Maybe just a wee bit perspex.

Yep, that's the photo I'd seen.  Memory clearly playing tricks, I was remembering the letter and numbers as being on a clear substance, and my brain had translated that into the whole barrier section (other than the vertical posts and top horizontal rail) being a clear panel!

Franksluckypants

It seems to be taking ages to cross the line, but as others have mentioned it's been a remarkably quick turnaround from old stand to cracking nearly completed shiny new one. 

Fingers crossed the match will be played on Sunday, but it's certainly not 100% guaranteed as others have suggested. Hopefully Obua is right, though it's still doubtful, particularly for sign off tomorrow.

Btw it will not be the end of the world if we have to wait just a little bit longer! It is looking fantastic! Particularly that night shot!

Loving the amount of people that post on this using the classic tabloid technique. Post something outrageous and take the grief, but if it comes off your a visionary with ITK knowledge, if it doesn't you just duck your head down for a couple of days. 

23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Loving the amount of people that post on this using the classic tabloid technique. Post something outrageous and take the grief, but if it comes off your a visionary with ITK knowledge, if it doesn't you just duck your head down for a couple of days. 

It's someone new everyday aint it? Always accounts with a small number of posts as well... funny that

Goldstone Wonder

It better be ready because Nicky Campbell has just mentioned that he is coming up for the game on Sunday!

8 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Why do you think that?

Amazing you choose to discuss this post isn’t it? Any chance you could reply to my post a few days ago where you said you were concerned for long distance fans and I disproved your point as nonsense? Or the other 10+ people that proved the rubbish you were talking?

i think you should take it as gospel the game is off. You have alternative plans you can’t miss out on after all. 

6 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Catching up with this, that looks absolutely breathtaking. A midweek, sold out match will be nothing short of  incredible. 

Said befire but looking at that pic and considering where we were 4 years ago, absolutely incredible stuff. So proud of what's been achieved. 

I think its at about this point that the realisation starts to set in and it all starts to become very 'real'. That night picture is outstanding! Concourses looking fantastic also.

Its certainly looking the part, and unlike the previous missed deadlines - this is the first time I've felt the kinda buzz and assurance that it will be done.

I'm confident the game will go ahead on Sunday - based on nothing other than my gut, but confident none the less.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just about everyone on here is more itk than me.

Is barcajambo actually Greenginger? Someone must know.

barcajambo is a Hearts fan, he travelled on my supporters bus to Celtic Park last season.

1 hour ago, Goldstone Wonder said:

It better be ready because Nicky Campbell has just mentioned that he is coming up for the game on Sunday!

but what about his travel arrangements if its off ? the club should be guaranteeing him its on with full costs paid back if its not, plus days in loo, and compensation for the inconvenience, upgrades to the roof restaurant for the season, a peg in the new dressing room, a start in the 1st team any time you want, a free holiday for 2 to anywhere in the world and next weeks lotto numbers.

sure that should keep our unhappy travellers happy.

8 hours ago, barcajambo said:

I am guessing there will be the odd player who can’t be bothered with it all sometime, but tough, it is part of the job, and as others say, via sponsorship and fund raising nights. It brings income to the club.  

As for the new stand (the actual topic, I have no idea of your source.  I won’t slag you off or say you are making it up.    I actually find it odd why people dismiss your source as fictitious and others posters’ sources as genuine, purely on the basis of what they believe.  

I do hope your source is wrong though.   I do however suspect we might not quite make it.   Based on my thoughts only and no source.   

John mcCartney

when i passed last night ,i was struck by the lack of permanent lighting around the plaza........game is at 3pm being dark when all us lot pile out later

hope to f,this is goin ahead at the weekend

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I am guessing there will be the odd player who can’t be bothered with it all sometime, but tough, it is part of the job, and as others say, via sponsorship and fund raising nights. It brings income to the club.  

As for the new stand (the actual topic, I have no idea of your source.  I won’t slag you off or say you are making it up.    I actually find it odd why people dismiss your source as fictitious and others posters’ sources as genuine, purely on the basis of what they believe.  

I do hope your source is wrong though.   I do however suspect we might not quite make it.   Based on my thoughts only and no source.   

its been pretty clear from the start that certain posters are actually working on this project, all of whom are very confident that it will get a certificate today and if not they have another day to fix things.

on the other side, somebody is using a nondiscript  acquaintance who states categorically that its no chance.

not a complicated choice if you've got a brain

From the wrong angle the stand building has this look and I'd personally have liked to see a nod to the old stand with a brick facade to tie it into what was demolished.  But the photos show that we are going to have a great football arena.  Looking forward to seeing the first game from my new seat.

3076781_edinburghmainlibraryimagebymjric

19 minutes ago, Paolo said:

You don't want the stand to be ready, just admit it and cut the bullshit.

13 minutes ago, Coco said:

From the wrong angle the stand building has this look and I'd personally have liked to see a nod to the old stand with a brick facade to tie it into what was demolished.  But the photos show that we are going to have a great football arena.  Looking forward to seeing the first game from my new seat.

Aye, you've nailed it there right enough.

It's like an exact copy.

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So is today the day? I mean if they don’t approve by close of business surely it won’t proceed?

Council are giving Hearts every chance.  Could be tomorrow the certificate is granted.

gorgie rd eh11
18 minutes ago, Coco said:

Is that supposed to resemble Tynecastle?  :laugh:

When the Council inspectors were on site at the beginning of the week they will have given a list of things that needed completion before a certificate, temporary or otherwise would be signed and given. I'm sure that list will be getting tick off by the minute.

Edited by Dannie Boy

11 hours ago, obua said:

Look at the poor cherry picker,head bowed,can’t get out.

If a tractor and/or and ambulance can get through that tunnel, how come the cherry picker cant?

Let its tyres doon if its just a shade too high.