New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Shanks said no
41 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

This company are at every game and similar companies are at every other game in the country Many would think they are not essential.Its a matter of opinion. I'd say it would cause a problem or two potentially but their absence wouldn't neccesarily mean the game definitely can't go ahead.

Electronic advertising board supplier? Would make sense not to overload the electrical supplies unnecessarily.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There are more than enough as it is at present.

Maybe but misses the point completely. If hearts fans are just those who you don't  define as arseholes then there aren't enough of us to fill the new capacity.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely having food stands in operation is not a requirement to get the safety certificate?

From observation no-one under the age of 30 can survive 2 hours without food and drink. In fact maybe 1 hour. Or half an hour for those under 20.

43 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

They don't provide any staff for Hearts, they provide a service which has to be staffed though.

Good game this, better than half the game shows on tv,

siegementality
43 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

They don't provide any staff for Hearts, they provide a service which has to be staffed though.

Is it the 100k a year window cleaners?

The 'security' staff have been told to be ready for Sunday..that was from earlier today

Of course they may just be being prepared in case but at this point it appears to be 'game on'

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Well according to some, moaning on a message board is making Ann question 'if it was all worth it'. Kickback is forum for hearts fans to raise their opinions and can be taken as meter on the views of its patrons/customers in the larger community. If there's a few moaning on here about, there's probably a good few more that have similar views but don't tend to post. 

I know one ST holder who is so disenfranchised by the whole thing (Levein rather than the stand) that they've not used their ST once this season and isn't really planning on going on Sunday regardless. Say what you want about this person not being a PHM, but he's had a ST since he was old enough and went to almost every away game in the last decade until fairly recently. In my opinion, this signals an issue - maybe not a serious one - but burying heads in the sand is never the best way to go.

What would you like to see happen ?

How would you sort things ?

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The 'security' staff have been told to be ready for Sunday..that was from earlier today

Of course they may just be being prepared in case but at this point it appears to be 'game on'

Good news!

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

See when you get told something that might get someone into trouble if they get identified, you keep certain things to yourself.

If thats alright with you.

But you haven't kept it to yourself.

Assuming it actually happened of course.

This thread is crawling with people who have been told this or that often contradicting each other.

I take it all with a large pinch of salt until something is announced officially from the club.

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Well according to some, moaning on a message board is making Ann question 'if it was all worth it'. Kickback is forum for hearts fans to raise their opinions and can be taken as meter on the views of its patrons/customers in the larger community. If there's a few moaning on here about, there's probably a good few more that have similar views but don't tend to post. 

I know one ST holder who is so disenfranchised by the whole thing (Levein rather than the stand) that they've not used their ST once this season and isn't really planning on going on Sunday regardless. Say what you want about this person not being a PHM, but he's had a ST since he was old enough and went to almost every away game in the last decade until fairly recently. In my opinion, this signals an issue - maybe not a serious one - but burying heads in the sand is never the best way to go.

Disenfranchised my a##e,Levein haters will always hate,give up your season ticket.You are supposed to support hearts not go (or not go) to hate Levein .

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

The budget was £12m. Contingency is part of any budget as that is why it is in place ie to ensure it is budgeted for.

You would be correct if you argued that the original estimate was £11m though.

We called it tolerance and if it was expected to go beyond that it was a very serious issue that officially could mean the end of the project. The project board would have to agree the new tolerance/spend and confirm they had the money to do so.  I'm still confused as to why we still don't know the cost. No project should be  blank cheque , in principle. Anyways, not really bothered , we'll get it soon , one way or the other.  SSN has just mentioned the club is "battling" to get the stand ready but no comment from the club (don't know if they asked for a comment, they don't say). 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We called it tolerance and if it was expected to go beyond that it was a very serious issue that officially could mean the end of the project. The project board would have to agree the new tolerance/spend and confirm they had the money to do so.  I'm still confused as to why we still don't know the cost. No project should be  blank cheque , in principle. Anyways, not really bothered , we'll get it soon , one way or the other.  SSN has just mentioned the club is "battling" to get the stand ready but no comment from the club (don't know if they asked for a comment, they don't say). 

A blind man can see we are battling to get it match ready,must be a quiet news day,move along nothing to see here.

Why all the talk of postponement, out of interest? 

If it's not signed off by 5pm on Friday (going home time for the people needing to sign it off), can't we just move it to Murrayfield?  I would imagine we have some form of contingency plan in place, like we did for the Kilmarnock game. 

It's not like it's difficult for us to get over there instead.

Some donkey has described it as hilariously crap.  The club this clown purports to support is one which has 4 cheap, boring, concrete stands. The club is Hibs.  Now to be fair to this cretin, that's what I've been used to for 60 years.  Cricket venues are different.  Many of them have tremendous character.

My point is that I have never seen a grandstand like this one in a football ground. Fat from being hilariously crap, it is utterly breathtaking.

I will therefore repeat my view that it is absolutely world class in its aesthetics and I'm sure it will prove to be 100% functional in every respect when fully up and running.

Well done Dr Budge, well done Hearts and well done the marvellous Federation of Hearts.

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

But you haven't kept it to yourself.

Assuming it actually happened of course.

This thread is crawling with people who have been told this or that often contradicting each other.

I take it all with a large pinch of salt until something is announced officially from the club.

I haven't compromised the source.

Hey. I just related what i was told. Its up to others how much value the place on that. You're right though, Waiting till the club announce something either way is the only worthwhile and credible test of whether its going ahead or not

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Some donkey has described it as hilariously crap.  The club this clown purports to support is one which has 4 cheap, boring, concrete stands. The club is Hibs.  Now to be fair to this cretin, that's what I've been used to for 60 years.  Cricket venues are different.  Many of them have tremendous character.

My point is that I have never seen a grandstand like this one in a football ground. Fat from being hilariously crap, it is utterly breathtaking.

I will therefore repeat my view that it is absolutely world class in its aesthetics and I'm sure it will prove to be 100% functional in every respect when fully up and running.

Well done Dr Budge, well done Hearts and well done the marvellous Federation of Hearts.

Foundation of hearts sir

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If it's not signed off by 5pm on Friday (going home time for the people needing to sign it off), can't we just move it to Murrayfield?  I would imagine we have some form of contingency plan in place, like we did for the Kilmarnock game. 

I’ve not seen anything other than media talk but it would appear the SRU aren’t willing to have rugby on Saturday then us on the Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Murrayfield is being used for Scotland v New Zealand on Saturday at 5:15pm. No way they'd be able to get the stadium ready for us the day after.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I haven't compromised the source.

Hey. I just related what i was told. Its up to others how much value the place on that. You're right though, Waiting till the club announce something either way is the only worthwhile and credible test of whether its going ahead or not

I’m calling bullshit on your source.

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Murrayfield is being used for Scotland v New Zealand on Saturday at 5:15pm. No way they'd be able to get the stadium ready for us the day after.

They could if they were given notice. Far too late now

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

How do we all get a ticket for murrayfield after 5pm on a Friday,like 14k tickets.

2 minutes ago, obua said:

I’m calling bullshit on your source.

That would be worth something if you knew the source. You work there. Are you able to give a percentage likelihood of the game going ahead on Sunday ? In your opinion that is obviously.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe but misses the point completely. If hearts fans are just those who you don't  define as arseholes then there aren't enough of us to fill the new capacity.

The one I called an arsehole is hardly helping us fill the new capacity now is he?

13 minutes ago, obua said:

How do we all get a ticket for murrayfield after 5pm on a Friday,like 14k tickets.

Let us use season tickets?  They're all just handheld scanners at the turnstyles anyway, so not sure why we've all needed paper briefs to get in. 

Hopefully it's not called off, cannot wait to get back to Tynecastle. It feels like a very very long time since the Aberdeen game. 

stevie.nolan.5

Don’t comment on here often but after reading the last 15 pages I am astonished that some of these “fans” are associated with our club, never so many pant wetting, moaning f**kers in my life! If it’s ready on Sunday great wooohooo if not so what it will be when it is. Sake get a grip!! Rant over 

any chance we can get off the whining and get some more photos ??

Coburg Hearts
48 minutes ago, obua said:

Disenfranchised my a##e,Levein haters will always hate,give up your season ticket.You are supposed to support hearts not go (or not go) to hate Levein .

The venom and vindictiveness on this thread recently has, albeit temporarily, taken some of the ire of Craig Levein and targeted instead Ann Budge, amongst others, who are doing everything they can to get the Stand ready for Sunday.

In my book she has not used up even 1% of the goodwill she has built up and earned. 

Spoiled brats and children who don't get their own way spring to mind.

Having worked in the building trade all my working life, It is remarkable this project has reached this stage with no major problems and in what must be record time. Instead of all the abuse they have received I think everyone connected to the new Stand should have our everlasting thanks. 

Rant over, i'm off to my kip :smile:

7 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

The budget was £12m. Contingency is part of any budget as that is why it is in place ie to ensure it is budgeted for.

You would be correct if you argued that the original estimate was £11m though.

The stand was meant to cost 11 million, but I allowed for both figures in my post anyway.

Even going with the 12 million starting point, do you honestly think we'll get this stand built for well under under 13.2 million as the other poster said? That's the point I was questioning.

Edited by Smithee

See if people actually ignores all the greeting face bairns on any thread, they will go away. They write stuff for a reaction. Don’t give them it. People who are negative hate any type of positivity and it will soon drown them out. Anyway the stand is going down to the wire but should be ready for Sunday, source 3 guys who work on site and a memeber or staff at the club.

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The stand was meant to cost 11 million, but I allowed for both figures in my post anyway.

Even going with the 12 million starting point, do you honestly think we'll get this stand built for well under under 13.2 million as the other poster said? That's the point I was questioning.

I personally don't care how much it costs it's going to be the Dogs Bollocks when it's fully completed. There are too many moaning bar stewards on here (not you) ready to have a pop at the club, Levein, Mrs B etc about every minute detail. They should read the article by Brian Jackson yesterday and shut the feck up. As for ST holders not going because of a certain person in charge they really need to look in the mirror and say am I really a Hearts supporter get behind the team or donate your ticket to someone less fortunate to go and SUPPORT THE CLUB.

8 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Im not saying which company. The source works for them and was due to work Sunday.

If this 'company' were essential to match days then they would not have been  told to stand down as the match has not been cancelled (yet) .

If the match had been cancelled SPFL , PT etc would have been informed . This hasn't happened , so somebody is bullshitting somebody .

Alternatively maybe your 'source' has been dumped 

6 hours ago, obua said:

If you believe Levein isn't any good at being manager and should be sacked it doesn't make you a 'Levein hater'. It just means you want a manager who knows what he's doing......simple.

10 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I personally don't care how much it costs it's going to be the Dogs Bollocks when it's fully completed. There are too many moaning bar stewards on here (not you) ready to have a pop at the club, Levein, Mrs B etc about every minute detail. They should read the article by Brian Jackson yesterday and shut the feck up. As for ST holders not going because of a certain person in charge they really need to look in the mirror and say am I really a Hearts supporter get behind the team or donate your ticket to someone less fortunate to go and SUPPORT THE CLUB.

It seems ray doesn't believe in free speech. 

Can I just say that Salem of the abuse on here, just because someone has a different opinion, or take on things, is out of order.  

Some of the abusive posters need to take a look at themselves.    I would rather they were launched, rather than the posters they abused, at least until they learn how to debate properly. 

Edited by Paolo

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

Yes, they can all go home, but will be briefed on the strong possibility of a Saturday completion. All comms are open between our site management and Edinburgh council officials, these two are positively working together.  

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Absolutely no chance that JKB represents the feeling off the average Hearts supporter. It represents the needy, attention seekers and trolls. The type of people that nobody gave two seconds notice too a few years back now have to be heard. This is social media as a whole these day unfortunately. 

Edited by jambopilms

17 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I do, we all should, and it's because I care about the club. We're very likely to have a seven figure debt once this is built ffs, debt which will cost us precious money to service let alone pay off. 

All hearts fans are happy that the stand's coming but this "**** the cost" attitude is the one that's wrong IMO

Veracity obviously doubtful as I'm sure it was mentioned on here but with a main contractor the bill would have been £18m, with no guarantee that just because it was a main contractor, September 9th would have been made.  I suppose until the AGM we won't know the new bill and finish date but Ann has said she has added on £2m of costs with the bill now £14m.

The date would have been set as the absolute best case, minimum disruption and yes, I'd say to also protect season to ticket sales.

Non ordering of seats seems a bit bizarre notably so as the  club announced the initial delay was due to weather and this seems a fundamental either an unchecked critical path error or the responsible person not reading up early enough.  Again rumour, but person believed to becresponsible is no longer believed to be at club.  Was that contract simply run down, a 'golden' goodbye payment (i.e to take the blame and not go public) made or a  cost saving restructuring exercise with some duties shared around existing staff and a heck of a lot passed to a new employee?

Taking absolutely everything into account, including the considerable constraints mentioned dozens of times, that many of the critics conveniently ignore, in my opinion it's still one he'll of an achievement to get where we are.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

EEN say we will request to postpone the game if it's not ready

Obvisouly.

Seen an article, not one quote saying it won't be.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Veracity obviously doubtful as I'm sure it was mentioned on here but with a main contractor the bill would have been £18m, with no guarantee that just because it was a main contractor, September 9th would have been made.  I suppose until the AGM we won't know the new bill and finish date but Ann has said she has added on £2m of costs with the bill now £14m.

The date would have been set as the absolute best case, minimum disruption and yes, I'd say to also protect season to ticket sales.

Non ordering of seats seems a bit bizarre notably so as the  club announced the initial delay was due to weather and this seems a fundamental either an unchecked critical path error or the responsible person not reading up early enough.  Again rumour, but person believed to becresponsible is no longer believed to be at club.  Was that contract simply run down, a 'golden' goodbye payment (i.e to take the blame and not go public) made or a  cost saving restructuring exercise with some duties shared around existing staff and a heck of a lot passed to a new employee?

Taking absolutely everything into account, including the considerable constraints mentioned dozens of times, that many of the critics conveniently ignore, in my opinion it's still one he'll of an achievement to get where we are.

As an edit major criticism on my part would whether the additional £2m spend is really worth it.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, obua said:

There is rugby this sat and next sat.

Murrayfield isn't an option if they want to play in November.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

As an edit major criticism on my part would whether the additional £2m spend is really worth it.

Why not keep back your major criticism until you know either way then?

Or no, your just add fuel to a fire that is or isn't there.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

stirlingshirejambo

Another safety inspection planned today according to Barry Anderson

Another safety inspection due at Tynecastle today, and again later this week if needed. Edinburgh Council able to issue safety certificate right up until Sunday.
Full story: edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football… #HMFC #SPFL

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/council-safety-chiefs-give-hearts-every-chance-to-get-new-stand-ready-1-4613381/amp

Edited by stirlingshirejambo

well said that man

42 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Can I just say that Salem of the abuse on here, just because someone has a different opinion, or take on things, is out of order.  

Some of the abusive posters need to take a look at themselves.    I would rather they were launched, rather than the posters they abused, at least until they learn how to debate properly. 

38 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Absolutely no chance that JKB represents the feeling off the average Hearts supporter. It represents the needy, attention seekers and trolls. The type of people that nobody gave two seconds notice too a few years back now have to be heard. This is social media as a whole these day unfortunately. 

A valid argument, sir.

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Why not keep back your major criticism until you know either way then?

Or no, your just add fuel to a fire that is or isn't there.

How is it adding "fuel to the fire" when Budge has already confirmed a $2m loan facility?

Saaaaakes. Logged on for the first time since yesterday lunchtime and saw the thread had jumped up by about 15 pages.......... foolishly assumed this must have meant some kinda 'development', or at least some new pics or something.

More the fool me. Cant believe I just wasted time reading through all of that.

Incidentally, the one thing which springs to mind is one which seems not to have been picked up on - and that's from the quotes from Donkey after his tour last week. I note that he's talking about Phase 2 being ongoing in to the middle of next year / summer time?

Wasn't Phase 2 due for completion in January?!? Or did I imagine that?

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Can I just say that some of the abuse on here, just because someone has a different opinion, or take on things, is out of order.  

Correcting my fat fingers.