Trainspotting 2

Solid Snake

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Good stuff, lots of comic moments. It might get criticised by some for being too much of a sequel and referencing back to the original so much but for me thats what made it great. The hun pub scene was definately the best

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Konrad von Carstein

My hibs supporting cousin is tumescent on facebook due to the apparently endless hibs references.....enough for me not to give a feck about seeing it...

I seen It last night and would give It an 8 out of 10.Robert Carlyle as Begbie Is fantastic.A bit too much Hibs paraphernalia lying around during a few scenes was a pi$$ off.The scene from the Busy Bee was hilarious and the Huns will be fizzing when they see It.As with all movies,It's not as good as the original but that would not stop me from watching It again In the future.

InNothingWeTrust

I thought it was brilliant. It was very much a nostalgic trip with a lot of clips from the original, but I was always expecting that. I would recommend anybody that goes to see T2 should watch the original first as a wee reminder.

I was surprised at the amount of Hibs references and content. Would Danny Boyle have contacted the club to see if it was OK to associate supporting Hibs with being a junkie? The fact that the stadium was Tynecastle instead of Easter Road suggests Hibs didn't want any involvement.

Watched the original (and Shallow Grave) last night n prep for going to watch T2 tonight.

Even if T2 is only half as good as the original it will still be a damn decent movie.

I'd forgotten how dark and bizarre Shallow Grave was though.  Still can't figure out how both the drug dealers and police figured out why to go to the flat....

rudi must stay

Watched the original (and Shallow Grave) last night n prep for going to watch T1 last night.

Even if T2 is only half as good as the original it will still be a damn decent movie.

I'd forgotten how dark and bizarre Shallow Grave was though. Still can't figure out how both the drug dealers and police figured out why to go to the flat....

Great film. Love the scene about how to lose a million, classic Danny Boyle

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

My hibs supporting cousin is tumescent on facebook due to the apparently endless hibs references.....enough for me not to give a feck about seeing it...

There weren't that many Hibs references other than Renton waxing lyrical about George Best specifically and not

Hibs. The Slovenian bursd then criticises him and sick boy for living in the past which I thought was apt :lol:

Other than that Begbies cell is covered in hibs stuff and scarves and tops are lying round in Renton's room and sick boys flat but there isn't Endless Hibs referencing

There weren't that many Hibs references other than Renton waxing lyrical about George Best specifically and not

Hibs. The Slovenian bursd then criticises him and sick boy for living in the past which I thought was apt :lol:

Other than that Begbies cell is covered in hibs stuff and scarves and tops are lying round in Renton's room and sick boys flat but there isn't Endless Hibs referencing

There were Hibs tops and scarves all over the place. If that is enough to put someone off going to see a film then they need to re-evaluate their petty lives.

InNothingWeTrust

Also, I remember they filmed what appeared to be a reenactment of the chase along Princes Street for T2 sometime last year which didn't make the final cut. Would be interesting to know how they would have incorporated that into the film.

There were Hibs tops and scarves all over the place. If that is enough to put someone off going to see a film then they need to re-evaluate their petty lives.

Also for realism. It is a film about junkies and psychos to be fair....

Really really good, makes Edinburgh look great, the first hour is very funny with the Busy Bee scene excellent. Although their are a few Hibs references its actually Tynie that is in the film. Highly recommend it !

Malinga the Swinga

After all the fuss, gave it a try last night. Apart from Jonny Lee Miller, the rest of the cast couldn't act to save themselves. McGregot is a showbiz luvvie who just about gets pass marks but Carlyle and Bremner are more like amateurs than proper actors.

No wonder Bremner wants to do another train spotting, because he will never get another role as he simply cannot act. Danny Boyle needs to get his act together as it is years since he directed anything decent, with Slumdog Millionaire his own decent effort in the last 10 years.

Depressingly shite and 2 out of 5

When the original came out I listened to all the hype and thought I'd better see what the fuss was about.

After watching about 10 minutes of utter shite I gave up.

I won't make the same mistake a second time.

Hark Barry Norman

Ten Min what a scream you must be in the real world

After all the fuss, gave it a try last night. Apart from Jonny Lee Miller, the rest of the cast couldn't act to save themselves. McGregot is a showbiz luvvie who just about gets pass marks but Carlyle and Bremner are more like amateurs than proper actors.

No wonder Bremner wants to do another train spotting, because he will never get another role as he simply cannot act. Danny Boyle needs to get his act together as it is years since he directed anything decent, with Slumdog Millionaire his own decent effort in the last 10 years.

Ewan Bremner is actually a very fine actor who in this film is being directed to play a dreadful caricature. Ditto Carlyle. But I suspect you know that but are just going against the flow and looking for a reaction as usual.

Ewan Bremner is actually a very fine actor who in this film is being directed to play a dreadful caricature. Ditto Carlyle. But I suspect you know that but are just going against the flow and looking for a reaction as usual.

Pleasing take down.

Getting universal great reviews.

Malinga the Swinga

Pleasing take down.

Getting universal great reviews.

Apart from Empire, the Telegraph and Digital Spy. Just because I haven't fallen in love with a pish film about drug addicts, rehashing the exact same story from 20 years ago, doesn't mean I am wrong.

Nothing against Trainspotting itself, but the sequel is a money making exercise and is not creative or new and it doesn't bring anything to the screen that simply playing the original Trainspotting wouldn't have achieved.

kingantti1874

Apart from Empire, the Telegraph and Digital Spy. Just because I haven't fallen in love with a pish film about drug addicts, rehashing the exact same story from 20 years ago, doesn't mean I am wrong.

Nothing against Trainspotting itself, but the sequel is a money making exercise and is not creative or new and it doesn't bring anything to the screen that simply playing the original Trainspotting wouldn't have achieved.

That's simply not true, - it's more about how the characters and thus their friendships has evolved, with a few laughs and a hint of nostalgia thrown in to link the timeline.. the story is a side show and Apart from being a follow on has no similarity at all with the original.

Watch it, don't watch it .. who cares but your assessment above it massively inaccurate.

It is nothing like the original.

They always planned on making a sequel and if it was a money making exercise they wouldnt have waited 20 years.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Absolutely absurd suggesting it is the same plot

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Watched the original (and Shallow Grave) last night n prep for going to watch T2 tonight.

I'd forgotten how dark and bizarre Shallow Grave was though.  Still can't figure out how both the drug dealers and police figured out why to go to the flat....

They go to the flat because Hugo's car is outside.

Went to see it yesterday, time to kill and 2 hours of my life that could have been better spent elsewhere. As I said to friends later and commented above, the acting was shite apart from JLM. Trite references to the previous Trainspotting just highlighted how weak this film is. 

Loved it. Four sad yet funny characters and to me it was bittersweet at the end that Spud came out as the author of the story.

And plenty nostalgia - I'm ok with that.

But the Hun Pub scene is classic daft humour.

Off to see it tomorrow with a couple of Greek mates who've seen the original, but need to watch the original tonight with the bursd as she hasn't and she's Edinburgh born and bred.

Glad to hear positive reviews and I'm glad this has actually been filmed mostly in Edinburgh.

Danny Boyle was on the One Show last week. Caught a bit and he said the reason the first was mostly in Glasgow was due to budget issues. Didn't know that personally.

Although with Edinburgh in 2017, I'm guessing Renton is now addicted to Chai Latte's.

They go to the flat because Hugo's car is outside.

Was my inital thought. Just couldn't remember if car parked outside in dedicated space or opposite.

Was my inital thought. Just couldn't remember if car parked outside in dedicated space or opposite.

I've not seen it for a while but I think the police go to every flat.

Wasn't as good as the first one and lost it's way at times, but still decent.

Some real laugh out moments. The Rangers fans scene, with the made up anti catholic song and 1690 PINs was (sadly) hilarious.

Thought Spud and Begbie were the stars of the film. Miller said on The Norton Show he had taken lessons this time for the accent, but I only think he mastered it in the one scene when he meets Rents for the first time.

Watched it at The Dominion and when we walked back in to town the flat the used in Montpellier Park was the one in the block with it's light on.

For anyone that has seen it, do you know where Rents family home is, Sickboys pub and the private school? (1951 on the plaque outside)

I've not seen it for a while but I think the police go to every flat.

Hope there isn't anyone involved in drugs around us. Coppers I can cope with, but mental dealers who might just take out anyone in the vicinity.

Some real laugh out moments. The Rangers fans scene, with the made up anti catholic song and 1690 PINs was (sadly) hilarious.

Thought Spud and Begbie were the stars of the film. Miller said on The Norton Show he had taken lessons this time for the accent, but I only think he mastered it in the one scene when he meets Rents for the first time.

Watched it at The Dominion and when we walked back in to town the flat the used in Montpellier Park was the one in the block with it's light on.

For anyone that has seen it, do you know where Rents family home is, Sickboys pub and the private school? (1951 on the plaque outside)

I used to live in Montpelier Park so that bit gave me a wave of nostalgia.   Christ knows where the pub is though - some dive.

I used to live in Montpelier Park so that bit gave me a wave of nostalgia. Christ knows where the pub is though - some dive.

That flat is my mate's old place that he rented as a student until a couple of years ago.

Placid Casual

I really enjoyed it, liked what they done with it. Found it quite moving in places. It will particularly appeal to males having a mid-life crisis!

Lots of laugh out moments, particularly the 'Glasgow' scene :lol:

Edinburgh looked fantastic too.

I really enjoyed it, liked what they done with it. Found it quite moving in places. It will particularly appeal to males having a mid-life crisis!

Lots of laugh out moments, particularly the 'Glasgow' scene :lol:

Edinburgh looked fantastic too.

Agree. Anyone having their mid-life or kids who are leaving home should beware. I had to hold it together at the end as I was watching it with my son.

And when Spuds wife said she had a title for his memoirs I was nearly greetin.

Renton's house is in Blackburn. Don't know the exact street. Maybe Hopefield Road.

Maybe this thread should be renamed "T2 if you haven't watched it then don't open this as folk are giving spoilers"?

Good idea but it's a bit obvious now it's out that peeps will want to discuss it.

Maybe this thread should be renamed "T2 if you haven't watched it then don't open this as folk are giving spoilers"?

Nah, sorry, but if you open a thread about a film or TV show after it has been released or aired then you should know there is a very strong chance it will contain spoilers.

My lad noticed that one of the wee lads in the shots of them as kids was probably Tommy.  Anyone confirm that?

And the bit where Spud is looking out the window and sees his former self.

Growing old sucks.

Good idea but it's a bit obvious now it's out that peeps will want to discuss it.

You've just spoilt it.

Placid Casual

My lad noticed that one of the wee lads in the shots of them as kids was probably Tommy. Anyone confirm that?

And the bit where Spud is looking out the window and sees his former self.

Growing old sucks.

Your lad is spot on, the wee boy was in the credits.

Thought it was excellent. Completely different from the 1st, which should be obvious to anyone going to see it. I suppose people just like to compare and complain though. I enjoyed all the flash backs, you can't help but question where the last 20 years have gone!

Didn't think it was full of the clich?s that I was expecting. Wasn't over the top with Hibs references, but what do you expect from an Edinburgh based movie where the characters are from Leith. One great scene in particular that will keep everyone on here happy!

kingantti1874

Hibs fans accurately portrayed as smelly junkie bampots.. not sure what the issue is tbh

Different Class

Am I alone in assuming that they used Tynecastle as it is where 'that game' happened?

Absolutely loved the film, as much as the first.

There were no more catholics left. :rofl:

Absolutely loved it. The plot was slightly weak but it was very gripping. I was sweating for Renton at the end.

Same actors, theme, soundtrack, director, setting, writer and characters. Holy shit I would not pay to watch this utter tripe if Kelly Macdonald was to sit on my knee and give me a hand job the entire film. Utter bollocks.

I'm sure there are phone numbers you can call, maybe Andy from the midnight phone in on Forth AM 8.10 could help you?

Archived