• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff

• Tazio

• ri Alban

• highlandjambo3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favourite show at the moment. Makes me realise how soft I am.

Think next week should be a cracker after they dropped 4 of the weaker ones tonight.

Edited by tokyowalnut

My favourite show at the moment. Makes me realise how soft I am.

Think next week should be a cracker after they dropped 4 of the weaker ones tonight.

The Iraqi guy will go all the way I reckon. I'd of been out before they even set foot in south america

Used to work with the boy Gary who just got booted off.

Managed to beat him in a footrace at football once :laugh:

Edited by Phil Dunphy

I like it, although thought the last series was better. The Scottish lad who was a DS on the last one is being investigated just now over 'mercy killings' which is why, I presume, he isn't on this series.

Being set in the jungle reminds me of reading about the Chindits during the Second World War and fighting in the Far East.

Amazing men. Courage that's hard to fathom.

Салатные палочки

I like it, although thought the last series was better. The Scottish lad who was a DS on the last one is being investigated just now over 'mercy killings' which is why, I presume, he isn't on this series.

He was on a Channel 5 programme about the SAS a few weeks talking about their action in Afghanistan.  Think he lives in Edinburgh now.  Had a bit of a rough upbringing by the sounds of it.  Comes across as an okay guy but you can just tell there is something lurking behind his eyes.  

I haven't seen the new series yet, I still have three recorded but if it's as good as the first series it will be well worth a watch.  

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I've been watching this too. Fair play to the older guy who enrolled in memory of his son, who died in Afghanistan.

He was on a Channel 5 programme about the SAS a few weeks talking about their action in Afghanistan. Think he lives in Edinburgh now. Had a bit of a rough upbringing by the sounds of it. Comes across as an okay guy but you can just tell there is something lurking behind his eyes.

I haven't seen the new series yet, I still have three recorded but if it's as good as the first series it will be well worth a watch.

I think they are all a bit like that which is understandable given what most of them have seen / done.

The head guy, Ant?, has been in bother a couple of times too.

Def worth a watch.

They are trained killers. They do the things the government, regardless of what party is in power, will never admit to.

They are mostly ordinary guys who on ocassions have done extrodinarly deeds.

The used to do exercises at Edinburgh airport, which at one time was second on the UK list where a hijacked plane was to be diverted. Generally the exercises lasted 3 days and they took over a compound at ingloston for the duration. Everyone working in the area was warned not enter the compound during the exercise or they would be 'held' for the duration of the exercise. One time a couple of bin men who clearly hadn't been warned were 'arrested' in the compound and kept there for 2 days. Treated well obviously but by feck these guys were serious about what they did.

You'd see them from a distance walking about the compound. Not big bruisers by any means. Just ordinary looking young ladies but obviously with enormous levels of fitness, bravery, agility and in reality, trained killers.

Enjoying the series. Love the physcology of mind over body when your body is screaming at you not to do what you are doing but you overcome it.

A real insight. I always thought they were mega fit bruisers that were highly intelligent. Turns out they are a bunch of misfits with an F U youre no telling me I cant do it attitude who work well as both an individual thinker, and as a team player.

The used to do exercises at Edinburgh airport, which at one time was second on the UK list where a hijacked plane was to be diverted. Generally the exercises lasted 3 days and they took over a compound at ingloston for the duration. Everyone working in the area was warned not enter the compound during the exercise or they would be 'held' for the duration of the exercise. One time a couple of bin men who clearly hadn't been warned were 'arrested' in the compound and kept there for 2 days. Treated well obviously but by feck these guys were serious about what they did.

You'd see them from a distance walking about the compound. Not big bruisers by any means. Just ordinary looking young ladies but obviously with enormous levels of fitness, bravery, agility and in reality, trained killers.

bc1cb937eed6d73fc44ce712fa7dbd0c.jpg

Who the **** are you callin' ordinary looking, pal...?!?!?!?

They are trained killers

Great programme but you just know there is so much they don't divulge. I do not doubt for a second some of those boys have killed. Mentally I wouldn't make it psst day 3 at best.

Edited by cmonthegorgie

• 2 weeks later...

Regular army, the marines and the SAS training regiments are all on the final exercise before passing out from barracks. The mission is simple. To enter some woods, march to a compound in the dead of night, attack the compound and bring back a live rabbit.

Regular army go first. 

Tanks go in, flash bangs, smoke grenades, sniper fire backing up machine gun fire, all hell breaks loose for 4 hours when they return holding a live rabbit. 

In go the marines. Parachuted in in near silence. Couple of flash bangs couple of well placed shots and 3 hours later they return with a live rabbit.

Last to go the SAS. No one even new they had started. They just disappeared into the shadows. Not a sound. Nothing for 2 hours when they return they are holding a live squirrel.

"We are very sorry guys we specifically asked you to retrieve a live rabbit and this is a squirrel"

Squirrel shouts "IM A RABBIT IM A FECKING RABBIT!!!!"

AlphonseCapone

I've been on a course this week and thought this was about SAS software at first haha.

What channel is this on? Sounds decent.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Used to work with the boy Gary who just got booted off.

Managed to beat him in a footrace at football once :laugh:

Are you sure that wasn't Gary Tank Commander :sunny: 

I did enjoy watching the rigorous and often brutal tasks that the participants were put through and it certainly took a special type of character to win. The African guy who won kept the coolest throughout but I wonder if he would do that for a living now !

Are you sure that wasn't Gary Tank Commander :sunny:

I did enjoy watching the rigorous and often brutal tasks that the participants were put through and it certainly took a special type of character to win. The African guy who won kept the coolest throughout but I wonder if he would do that for a living now !

[emoji23] Cheeky *******.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a few of em a couple of times when I was in the RAF. Not what you'd expect. Not all huge weigtlifter types but they all looked nails. If you saw someone on base with a sun tan in those days you had an inkilng it was one of them. 

Know a couple of guys who tried and failed the selection. Fit as anyone I've ever met but there's a lot more to it than fitness. I've certainly never been anywhere near strong enough to do it

Edited by Jamhammer

I've been on a course this week and thought this was about SAS software at first haha.

What channel is this on? Sounds decent.

2nd series has just finished but I'm sure it'll be streamed on kodi or somewhere

Regular army, the marines and the SAS training regiments are all on the final exercise before passing out from barracks. The mission is simple. To enter some woods, march to a compound in the dead of night, attack the compound and bring back a live rabbit.

Regular army go first.

Tanks go in, flash bangs, smoke grenades, sniper fire backing up machine gun fire, all hell breaks loose for 4 hours when they return holding a live rabbit.

In go the marines. Parachuted in in near silence. Couple of flash bangs couple of well placed shots and 3 hours later they return with a live rabbit.

Last to go the SAS. No one even new they had started. They just disappeared into the shadows. Not a sound. Nothing for 2 hours when they return they are holding a live squirrel.

"We are very sorry guys we specifically asked you to retrieve a live rabbit and this is a squirrel"

Squirrel shouts "IM A RABBIT IM A FECKING RABBIT!!!!"

Eh? Unless of course you are talking about BRF, i'm not sure (although a joke) the role of the Marines has been thought through.

• 2 years later...

Still the best show on TV by a good way.

Going to try and get tickets for Ant's tour in April, supposed to be a very inspirational speaker. 

33 minutes ago, eddiepolio said:

Going to try and get tickets for Ant's tour in April, supposed to be a very inspirational speaker. 

His speech to that number 16 last night was pretty inspirational and just what the guy needed to hear... wouldn't be shocked if he passed the course now

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, eddiepolio said:

Tickets went on sale in November but you appear to still be able to get them for the Armadillo in Glasgow 

Seymour M Hersh

There was a show 2 or 3 years ago (could've been a bit longer as time flies) that had about 30 volunteers who were put through a weeks training by various special forces veterans from around the world. Started with two ex SeALs and finished with SAS guys. It was a female doctor who won the show. Really enjoyed it but can't remember it's name. Might have been on BBC2.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There was a show 2 or 3 years ago (could've been a bit longer as time flies) that had about 30 volunteers who were put through a weeks training by various special forces veterans from around the world. Started with two ex SeALs and finished with SAS guys. It was a female doctor who won the show. Really enjoyed it but can't remember it's name. Might have been on BBC2.

Ultimate Hell Week or something I think.

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Brutal as ever tonight.

Fair play to that girl for taking those punches

Pretty wee thing ... couple of hefty blows to the face - I couldn't believe it!

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There was a show that Irish guy hosted, Dermot something called how tough are you or something along those lines. Enjoying this one but how have none of them sussed out the mole. I was poorless after Ant punished them all and their all breathing out their arses and she’s just stood like she’s had the dug out for a wee walk

Been a good watch again.

Was surprised to see the Scottish lass dropping out (Number 1) - thought she might have gone far in it.

Number 16 certainly didn't pull any punches with the girl in the boxing that's for sure.

always surprises me how utterly unprepared the folk going on these things are, if I was going on this kind of show i'd be hauling a 100kg bag up and down munro's every weekend, doing abseiling, rock climbing etc on top of being at my utter physical peak. There's folk on it that seem to have walked out a call centre thinking they can suddenly run up the side of a mountain and start greeting when they can't!

Samuel Camazzola

The first guy who got told to leave as part of the night cull avoided any public embarrassment. He rarely got any airtime and was just told to leave. His coverage was obviously not worthy for broadcast. 

I can't imagine going through the course - especially with the altitude factor added in. 

The thing is that anyone doing the SAS test is always a serving soldier with understanding of the effort and discipline required as well as a high level of basic fitness.  Going to it straight of the street is bonkers. Going to the gym a few times a week is no preparation at all. As they all discovered last night being able to bench press a big number isn’t the same type of strength as wrestling with a heavy slippery log. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The first guy who got told to leave as part of the night cull avoided any public embarrassment. He rarely got any airtime and was just told to leave. His coverage was obviously not worthy for broadcast. 

I can't imagine going through the course - especially with the altitude factor added in. 

He got floored in the boxing challenge

The bird with the tear tattoo ... they're giving her some very brutal but absolutely correct advice in respect of the tattoo - she can never get rid of those demons looking at that every day.

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The bird with the tear tattoo ... they're giving her some very brutal but absolutely correct advice in respect of the tattoo - she can never get rid of those demons looking at that every day.

I'm maybe being a bit cynical but a teardrop tattoo is basically saying "woe is me, please ask me about this tattoo so I can cry and say how shit my lifes been.." 

Just now, muldoon74 said:

I'm maybe being a bit cynical but a teardrop tattoo is basically saying "woe is me, please ask me about this tattoo so I can cry and say how shit my lifes been.." 

Aye - it's also a symbol that you've murdered somebody!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Often with a prison shank.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Often with a prison shank.

Meanwhile, she cannie carry a car tyre up a hill!!

Edited by Armageddon

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Or on a woman it can be one tear for each year her man has been in jail. 

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I stood on the streets of Havana singing Buena Vista Social Club - Guantanamera, with a man with multiple teardrop tattoos. He tried to get us to go to a bar with him. After a while we made our excuses and left him. We saw him hours later in another bar with a couple who obviously hadn't shaken him off. When we moved to the next bar the couple were inside and he was outside debating with the doorstaff who wouldn't let him in.