Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

gashauskis9

Main character getting killed off next week, someone who has appeared in every episode since day 1.  My money’s on Navid or Boaby.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

Just now, iantjambo said:

Eric?

i think it will be him or tam, tam is the tight one? and if it is tam you will find out he has a ridiculous amount of assets or savings

Carl Fredrickson

The guy that plays Eric is in his 80s and I imagine it cant be easy doing filming at that age. 

I think it will be Eric or Shug as both are mature actors. Would be a risk for them to kill off one of the younger actors unless they have plans to draw the show to an end. 

They replaced Pete with Mick which has hardly been a roaring success. 

An undertaker is the new character starting next week, this has potential. 

15 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The guy that plays Eric is in his 80s and I imagine it cant be easy doing filming at that age. 

I think it will be Eric or Shug as both are mature actors. Would be a risk for them to kill off one of the younger actors unless they have plans to draw the show to an end. 

They replaced Pete with Mick which has hardly been a roaring success. 

An undertaker is the new character starting next week, this has potential. 

just read that the actor asked to leave the show, and has been in all episodes. i dont think shug has been in every episode so james martin who plays eric sounds right

Carl Fredrickson

Interesting. I doubt the younger actors would want to leave as Still Game is their cash cow - could be right with Eric. 

Will find out soon enough

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just read that the actor asked to leave the show, and has been in all episodes. i dont think shug has been in every episode so james martin who plays eric sounds right

Having a wee deek at IMDB (which might not be accurate), there's only been 3 characters who have been in every episode - Jack, Victor and Winston. 

Navid, Boaby, Isa and Winston all appear in synopses of later episodes so Eric and Shug are the leading candidates.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:12, milky_26 said:

good start, and at least no methadone dick in it

He has a major role in the third episode, apparently.

The worst character in Still Game, maybe even in Western culture.

Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Aye.

Have to say I didn't pay much attention to it in the past but it seemed a bit OTT in that 1st episode

Салатные палочки
58 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Has Still Game always had canned laughter ?

The early series' were filmed and then shown in a theatre and the laughter track was recorded from that. Whether they still do this I don't know. Personally I don't think so as the new ones are nowhere near as funny as the first few series' and anyone who laughs like that "audience" did in Friday's episode did should be sectioned. 

The first three series were pant-pissingly funny. 

Shooter McGavin
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Has Still Game always had canned laughter ?

I’m not sure it has been. The laughing in older and funnier episodes seems a lot more authentic, whereas now it sounds like a laughter track of “Only An Excuse” proportions.  

Maroon Sailor
13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The early series' were filmed and then shown in a theatre and the laughter track was recorded from that. Whether they still do this I don't know. Personally I don't think so as the new ones are nowhere near as funny as the first few series' and anyone who laughs like that "audience" did in Friday's episode did should be sectioned. 

The first three series were pant-pissingly funny. 

8 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m not sure it has been. The laughing in older and funnier episodes seems a lot more authentic, whereas now it sounds like a laughter track of “Only An Excuse” proportions.  

They just seemed to laugh at everything and the canned laughter came in over the top of what was being said.

It was like OAE canned laughter come to think of it

Eric doesn't seem to be on the cast list for E3, so it is probably him. 

Finally got around to seeing the first episode. I found the end bit amusing, the rest was pretty eh. Not as weak as the opener for last series though. I think that may be the show's low point. 

Better call Saul
28 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I liked it, laughed a lot.

I laughed when the undertaker boy was knocking on the doors but other than I didn't see a lot else to laugh at sadly. 

been here before

Quite a few good, funny bits. Its certainly an improvement on the last series thus far.

Meena gets all the best lines.

Why the fxxk do they keep persevering with that Methadone Mick?

Edited by been here before

A very slight improvement on last week's absolutely terrible episode. Managed a couple of laughs this time (the Navid-Meena bits). On the whole, its still pretty woeful, with no improvement on the last series, which itself was dire. It really is time for them to call it a day.

Edited by Chester™

I got tickets in November from the BBC to see the screening of Episodes 5 & 6 at the massive cinema at the top of Renfield Street and the laughter is genuine. Sworn to secrecy but all I can say is Craig Ferguson plays Isa's former boyfriend who returns to Craiglang in Episode 6 and it's a big budget final episode and really funny. Episode 5 about the steak pies was good too

John Findlay

I laugh more during Still Game than i do during Not going out. Guess which one gets a nationwide airing?

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I laugh more during Still Game than i do during Not going out. Guess which one gets a nationwide airing?

Not Going Out is a pile of shite.  Lee Mack and Hugh Dennis are ruined on it. The woman that plays his wife is an utterly dreadful actress.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

both are broadcast nationwide one straight after another

John Findlay
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

both are broadcast nationwide one straight after another

I'm not sure Still Game gets showing outside Scotland.

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not sure Still Game gets showing outside Scotland.

i live in england and watched it at 9.30 on bbc1 and it is in the listings for bbc1 london at the same time

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i live in england and watched it at 9.30 on bbc1 and it is in the listings for bbc1 london at the same time

That is fair enough. I stand corrected.

The last two series have been on BBC south of the border. Although the last series was one of the poorer efforts, some people I know down here really enjoyed it. They’d lose their minds if they watched the early days! 

Just now, ecjambo said:

The last two series have been on BBC south of the border. Although the last series was one of the poorer efforts, some people I know down here really enjoyed it. They’d lose their minds if they watched the early days! 

Still Game's been nationwide since series 3/4.

8 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Still Game's been nationwide since series 3/4.

Sorry, BBC1 since the last series. 

On 11/03/2018 at 20:35, Maroon Sailor said:

Have to say I didn't pay much attention to it in the past but it seemed a bit OTT in that 1st episode

I didn't notice the laughter track in earlier series because I was usually laughing myself. Not so much these days...

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Not Going Out used to be one of the best and most reliably funny sitcoms on British TV, now it's a desperte shadow of itself. Tim Vine has gone, Katy Wix has gone, even Miranda Hart brought a good laugh now and then.

Now it's limping onto death. If you've ever seen the League Of Gentleman sketch where the bike drags the dog for miles until it is just a lump of flesh. The BBC is that bike, Not Going Out is that dog.

Enjoyed it although it seemed to drag out and it was quite funny how isa was so feared to then welcoming the undertaker to her house in a matter of moments 

excited about the rest of the series particularly the episodes upcoming mentioned above

Carl Fredrickson

I enjoyed it (watched it in a hotel in London) and even though it isnt to the high quality of seasons 1-4 it is still a good watch

Agree with the comments Re Methadone Mick. Hopefully the undertakers services will be called upon soon for him

John Findlay

Sad to see Eric killed off. The only true pensioner on the show. Jimmy Martin was a good pal of my late dad. They have both served as smokers together in the Royal Navy. Both members of the Royal Naval association and members of the RN and RM club just up from Cannonmills. 

been here before
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Sad to see Eric killed off. The only true pensioner on the show.

Paul Young is 76.

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Paul Young is 76.

Sorry. I meant to say until Paul Young joined. My mistake.

Carl Fredrickson
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

So i would imagine, was/is Tams wife although she's a relatively minor character.

Kate Donnelly isnt a pensioner (yet) I think she is in her early 50s

Edit I think she is 58 this year if internet is to be believed 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

been here before
25 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Kate Donnelly isnt a pensioner (yet) I think she is in her early 50s

Edit I think she is 58 this year if internet is to be believed 

Really!? **** hell thats a surprise. Fair play to the make up folk.