Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Not quite sure what the undertaker added to the episode unless theyre still ripping the erse out of the gag that hes the reaper but then didnt mention it?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Not quite sure what the undertaker added to the episode unless theyre still ripping the erse out of the gag that hes the reaper but then didnt mention it?

it would have been bits of it, to try and add more to the butchers death. it felt really forced having him in it. from what i remember the only funny bits i laughed at was the pie being plastic and when navid smashed the automatic till up

Bunny Munro

Strange.

I'm glad it's over for another 18 months or so but I'm sure I'll watch the next lot when the come around. 

As for this weeks

Spoiler

It was 4/10.

Some decent laughs (Philip Schofield, lassie bit my ****** off, the undertaker waving as Boaby is being driven past in terror).

But an awful lot of filler. Mick (and the need to shoehorn him into every episode) needs put to rest, and the whole 'Boaby can't drive' story was dire.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Only watched it because it was the last episode of the series so I thought I might as well.

They truly saved the worst for last, an absolute horror-show of an episode. Sometimes I laugh once at most but ****, there was literally nothing in there even remotely funny. The show is absolutely dead now, to say they are flogging a dead horse is a massive understatement.

Atrocious. Who actually finds this stuff funny?

Say What Again
51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I enjoy your excuses for watching something you know you're just going to whinge about. 

The best bit of this thread :lol:

Thought it was average last night firba poor season all round.

Football and caravan eps best of the bunch.

Really enjoyed last night's one. Last week's was terrible.

All in all, another half decent series. It'll never return to it's glory days but it's still passable as a show, especially when held up against all the other shite on tv.

John Findlay
8 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Only watched it because it was the last episode of the series so I thought I might as well.

They truly saved the worst for last, an absolute horror-show of an episode. Sometimes I laugh once at most but ****, there was literally nothing in there even remotely funny. The show is absolutely dead now, to say they are flogging a dead horse is a massive understatement.

Atrocious. Who actually finds this stuff funny?

You do. Afterall you've watched every episode.

letsalldothebeattie

Loved last nights show a lot funnier than last weeks. Think this is been one of its best series they've done. A lot better than the last one definitely. Cant wait for the next series, shame it will be about another year to wait

scottish_chicP

Always amuses me on here how offended people get at others enjoying something they don't. Lighten up guys.

• 2 months later...
Bunny Munro

Next season to be the last. 

Maybe they've realised it's not as good as it should be.

Anyway, my guess is Victor will die and Jack will move to Canada.

32 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

:yas::yas:

Should have been put down like a rabid fox years ago.

Still, I heard Amy MacDonald's got a cameo in the new series so I might watch it.

::troll::

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

:yas::yas:

Should have been put down like a rabid fox years ago.

Still, I heard Amy MacDonald's got a cameo in the new series so I might watch it.

::troll::

Can't blame them for milking the jolly green cow for as long as they could. 

But I agree. Artistically they should have ended it years ago. 

been here before

Great news.

Well past its best but Ill be looking forward to watching it every week so I can come on here to say how shite it is and nowhere as good as it used to be.

Edited by been here before

The Internet
56 minutes ago, been here before said:

Great news.

Well past its best but Ill be looking forward to watching it every week so I can come on here to say how shite it is and nowhere as good as it used to be.

Personally I prefer to say I won't be watching it because of how shite it is and how its nowhere near as good as it used to be. But then each week I'll come on and say stuff like 'my wife was watching it so I had to' or 'had nothing else to do so watched it' or 'I secretly love this show and planned my night around it'. 

6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Personally I prefer to say I won't be watching it because of how shite it is and how its nowhere near as good as it used to be. But then each week I'll come on and say stuff like 'my wife was watching it so I had to' or 'had nothing else to do so watched it' or 'I secretly love this show and planned my night around it'. 

Who even does that :rolleyes: ?

11 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Oh god you ruined the surprise. 

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Can't they just pop their clogs, metaphorically speaking of course, before the rehearsals even start? 

West Coast orientated shite.

CYS8Qu_WMAAOvmM.jpg

MacDonald Jardine
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Can't they just pop their clogs, metaphorically speaking of course, before the rehearsals even start? 

West Coast orientated shite.

Which can't be funny?

Carl Fredrickson

I think it is about time the brought it to an end. I loved the first four or five series - some great stories with loads of laughs. Also enjoyed the fact that they often highlighted issues that affected auld folk. 

The more recent ones havent been great but have still had their moments. Still better than a lot of comedies that the BBC produce. The worst thing they did was bring Methadone Mick on board.

Hopefully the next series are back to the early classic standard and they go out with a bang. 

Hope methadone Mick has been given the boot. Shite character with no relevance to that programme. 

Maroon Sailor
On 14/07/2018 at 13:28, AlimOzturk said:

Hope methadone Mick has been given the boot. Shite character with no relevance to that programme. 

Should replace that character with peter_hmfc

8 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

:lol:

Just think of the jkb version of still game. We have plenty who could play Pete the Jakie some candidates for boaby the barman. We even have a few pairs who could be jack and victor

• 7 months later...

Shite tonight.

Only watched it because I read Amy MacDonald would be in it.

Who even watches this stuff?

Sexton Hardcastle

Anyone who expected it to be on par with the early stuff is an idiot. Can’t get away with the half the stuff they used to say so it was always going to take a dive.

At least shows like the office, extras etc which end while they are good remain just that. 

A few episodes of the recent seasons have been about Jack and Victor being unable to cope with the modern world. Sadly the same is true of the writers 

Better call Saul

I really don't like the Mick character. And what was the pish patter with salesman's hands at the end of that scene ?.

Edited by Ferris Bueller

5 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Anyone who expected it to be on par with the early stuff is an idiot. Can’t get away with the half the stuff they used to say so it was always going to take a dive.

At least shows like the office, extras etc which end while they are good remain just that. 

The office was shite not in the same league as Still game.

Samuel Camazzola
35 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Office remains to be the best comedy in a generation in my book. 

Gervais has a knack of getting it spot-on with shows like Extras and Derek. His new series starting next week looks promising too. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Office remains to be the best comedy in a generation in my book. 

Gervais has a knack of getting it spot-on with shows like Extras and Derek. His new series starting next week looks promising too. 

Aye, making fun of people with disabilities is hilarious. Gervais is a fud.

Sexton Hardcastle

Classic. Those who don’t get or appreciate the office/extras are the types who need audience laugh or big pantomime signs when to cackle. 

1 hour ago, jamboj said:

When did he do that? 

Seemingly used to use “m***o” and “m**g” etc on Twitter a few years back. 

I can see why folk would take a disliking to him. 

I dont care care about him either way. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Very poor episode, don’t think I laughed once. Recently re watched the other seasons, the difference between the 00’s Still Game and the last couple new seasons is night and day.

methodone Mick is the worst character ever but keeps getting trotted out whilst Navid and Mena get a few seconds of screen time, and a bit of a waste of a

cameo for Martin Compston 

Maroon Sailor

Started watching it on catch up - couldn't get in to it, got as far as the Scot Dog van and turned it off.

Will watch the rest later

Thought the new episode was marginally better than those from last series but bar isnt set that high. Am a big fan of the Office and Extras and one thing they did do well was know when to stop - unfortunately SG has gone on for at least two series too far. Mick is a very very poorly developed character - not quite sure what his purpose actually is. 

5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Thought the new episode was marginally better than those from last series but bar isnt set that high. Am a big fan of the Office and Extras and one thing they did do well was know when to stop - unfortunately SG has gone on for at least two series too far. Mick is a very very poorly developed character - not quite sure what his purpose actually is. 

To fill the gap left by Pete The Jakey. 

Sexton Hardcastle
26 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Because these days they aren’t allowed to give it the ‘poofy prick’ patter as people will get all offended. So instead it’s easier to rip into a guy with addiction issues.

So much for mental health awareness and all that jazz.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

To fill the gap left by Pete The Jakey. 

Ironically, I felt Pete was a very underused character, whereas Mick seems to be getting rammed down our throats ( :oohmatron:)

Really poor episode. I’ll still watch it through to the finale though.

10 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Oh my - The Office was unreal IMO.  Some Still Games have been funny but they are in different leagues for me.

Not seen it yet, but I saw some of the show that followed.  The one that was kind of like a Scottish Live at The Apollo.   

I found it dreadful.    And has Phil Jupitus ever been funny?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Oh my - The Office was unreal IMO.  Some Still Games have been funny but they are in different leagues for me.

:thumbs_up: Very true. The Office Christmas Specials produced some of the best TV ever. 

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Definitely turned in to Stale Game

Still a better watch than the voice, x factor, strickly, big brother, should get an hour of it on a saturday night.

****ing brutal.  Light years away from its prime (series 3-5), shouldn’t have pushed it this far.

I fell asleep after 10 mins then tried to catch up on iPlayer and fell asleep again.

On a different note, Burnistoun was really good last night.  Definitely working better with well thought out one-offs rather than another series.

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, Paolo said:

Not seen it yet, but I saw some of the show that followed.  The one that was kind of like a Scottish Live at The Apollo.   

I found it dreadful.    And has Phil Jupitus ever been funny?

Yeah I found it totally cringeworthy.  Put up with it for about 30 minutes hoping it would improve.  It didn't.  And as for the guy who was hosting it - was he trying to be like Michael McIntyre?  If so, fail. If so, why?