Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Strange how it’s taken until now for Julie Wilson of Chewin the Fat alumni to appear in a Still Game episode, I don’t think Karen Dunbar ever has either has she fallen out with Kiernan/Hemphill? 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

been here before
6 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Strange how it’s taken until now for Julie Wilson of Chewin the Fat alumni to appear in a Still Game episode.

Greg Hemphills Mrs.

A slight improvement this week I'll admit but still rank rotten. Take out the toilet and "shaggin" jokes and it's a 4minute sketch.

Don't know why I watched it to be honest, I really don't.

45 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They've just done the original live show this week :lol:

Was disappointed and impressed at the same time with that one. Was it a throwback or lack of ideas? Hopefully the former.

Did have the missus wondering wtf was happening when the nature program started and I went "it's about monkeys"

Took the fun out of it when I had to explain

Bunny Munro

I thought it was pretty garbage myself.

Some decent set pieces lifted from the original stage show but the rest was a poor imitation.

Better call Saul
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I thought it was pretty garbage myself.

Some decent set pieces lifted from the original stage show but the rest was a poor imitation.

Agreed 

Wee bits mildly amusing but not funny. 

Was actually disappointed that Jack got his crewe toll as soon as his wife died. 

chester copperpot
13 minutes ago, Ministry said:

Which series do people think was the best of Still Game?. I think the show peaked around series 4-5. 

Think 1 and 2 were unbeatable but have enjoyed them all tbh.

People are too cynical these days. If something annoys you, just dont watch it. 

I have recently done this with the Walking Dead and my seethe levels have diminished greatly.

gashauskis9
8 hours ago, Ministry said:

Which series do people think was the best of Still Game?. I think the show peaked around series 4-5. 

Whichever series the Big Innes episode was part of was the peak IMO, so probably in that ball park.

Better call Saul
9 hours ago, Ministry said:

Or which scenes !!!!! 

One for me.. When tizer jumped of the roof chasing Winstons walking stick. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Or which scenes !!!!! 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The name of the episode gave it away for me that they were going to do the where have you shagged skit, nothing will ever beat the way they did that 20 years ago in the live version :lol:

53:15 onwards

14 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Or which scenes !!!!! 

Gairden.

The nuthoose scenes. :rofl:oh, ffs!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Gairden.

The nuthoose scenes. :rofl:oh, ffs!

Funniest scene from that episode is when Winston gives it both barrels to the Neds before he gets on the bus but then the bus drives off before he gets mauled by Kaiser the dug 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Funniest scene from that episode is when Winston gives it both barrels to the Neds before he gets on the bus but then the bus drives off before he gets mauled by Kaiser the dug 

Martin at the bus stop is up there as well ???

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
9 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Martin at the bus stop is up there as well ???

They did a programme on BBC when Still Game came back last season and interviewed lots of cast members, celeb fans etc. that boy says people constantly shout at him in the street about snowballs or having his bum wiped ?

Thought the caravan one was back to what it used to be but the closing bit with Mick at the credits failed for me.

Harry Potter

Thought the coke being sprayed all over the caravan after them trying to keep it clean was really funny.

Winstons leg on the path with him tangled in the fence was funny as well.

Not a bad episode, enjoyed it.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
4 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Thinking of that scene really illustrates how far it's fallen. I've cracked the odd smile during this series but that's it. The first 4/5 series were excellent.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Thought the coke being sprayed all over the caravan after them trying to keep it clean was really funny.

Winstons leg on the path with him tangled in the fence was funny as well.

Not a bad episode, enjoyed it.

Probably the most predictable "joke" I've seen in quite some time, as soon as Winston walked into the caravan with it you could see it a mile away.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
On 3/22/2018 at 21:44, Ferris Bueller said:

What is the story with Methadone Micks Teath? Top set look like they have been done in towie but the bottom set look yellow 

Kevin Whately gave him a new set of front teeth last season before he had his job interview with the cooncil 

Starting to think Methadone mick is meant to be such shit character that i t is meant to be funny. 

They shouldn't have tried to replace the previous jakie guy. 

Better call Saul
3 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Kevin Whately gave him a new set of front teeth last season before he had his job interview with the cooncil 

Christ.. I forgot about that. 

Another episode that didnt raise a titter.

I'm only watching out of habit in case they somehow rediscover the sparkle and humour that made the original run funny.

Worst episode of the series so far tonight, absolute dreadful is being generous. So many puerile toilet jokes that would be embarrassing even on BBC 3.

The fact license payer money is spent on this shite is absolutely astounding.

Before anyone asks, I only watched it because I knew I'd be watching Limmy at 10pm so I thought I might as well.

Not sure which is worse, Still Game or Limmys Homemade Show, but they're fighting it out for the bottom spot.

Just now, peter_hmfc said:

Worst episode of the series so far tonight, absolute dreadful is being generous. So many puerile toilet jokes that would be embarrassing even on BBC 3.

The fact license payer money is spent on this shite is absolutely astounding.

Before anyone asks, I only watched it because I knew I'd be watching Limmy at 10pm so I thought I might as well.

Not sure which is worse, Still Game or Limmys Homemade Show, but they're fighting it out for the bottom spot.

Limmy's exhausted his run. Being a Nat doesn't help his cause.

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Limmy's exhausted his run. Being a Nat doesn't help his cause.

I know he's supposed to be nonsensical but half of the episode was genuinely baffling as to how it was considered good enough for national TV.

13 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

That episode was a load of bollocks.

Shame as have enjoyed the last few

This.

Enjoyed this season so far but that was a shocker tonight.

For me, this whole series has had 3 titters and a guffaw.. 

I'm a big Still game fan (thought the live show was shite)... I have the original DVD series 1-6 and specials.. All have numerous laughs per episode.. 

Last series was completely forgettable. this series heading the same way.

find it sad that the same writers that gave us the Finport, whiskey tour and Who's the daddy episodes have given us this drivel. 

Had it's day I'm afraid. 

Instead of Methodone Mick, why not bring pete's long lost son (developer boy who was buying the Clansman to redevelop into cottages) as a jakey who's lost everything..? would've been funnier with more scope for jakey referencing... 

Shooter McGavin

Worst episode of Still Game I’ve ever seen, Greg and Ford should be embarrassed that that’s the standard of writing they’re at now. 

It should have been ten

Funniest moment of all the Still Game's for me is when Victor trips over the carpet and covers Jack in the pot of pish :laugh:

These days it's Isa that makes the show imo, a superb character played brilliantly.

Edited by It should have been ten

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Limmy is less funny than Miranda Hart and that's quite a feat.

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

Better call Saul
6 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

For me, this whole series has had 3 titters and a guffaw.. 

I'm a big Still game fan (thought the live show was shite)... I have the original DVD series 1-6 and specials.. All have numerous laughs per episode.. 

Last series was completely forgettable. this series heading the same way.

find it sad that the same writers that gave us the Finport, whiskey tour and Who's the daddy episodes have given us this drivel. 

Had it's day I'm afraid. 

Instead of Methodone Mick, why not bring pete's long lost son (developer boy who was buying the Clansman to redevelop into cottages) as a jakey who's lost everything..? would've been funnier with more scope for jakey referencing... 

Spot on . 

Limmys new show was amazingly bad.

He's a good laugh on Twitter though.

I did find the fingering sketch quite good though.

Салатные палочки

Not watched Still Game yet but I'm not even sure if I'll bother my arse now.  

Was disappointed with Limmy's show.  I thought the three series' of his show were brilliant and some of his online content is great but I don't know what went on with that last night.  I really laughed at the litter one though.  

7 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Thought last night's one was better than last weeks which was one of the worst episodes they've done. 

Last week's seems marmite.

I Thought It was the best yet. With the walking football one in 2nd.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Last week's seems marmite.

I Thought It was the best yet. With the walking football one in 2nd.

I really enjoyed the caravan one. I thought the scene later on with Jack, Victor and Winston round the table as it turned serious was really well done and had a great pay off.

I didn't like the football one much so it shows how people's humour can be vastly different.

Last night's one was good - Like the caravan one i enjoyed the time you had to invest into Tam's story for the final scenes. 

Appreciate that it's all subjective though. 

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Limmys new show was amazingly bad.

He's a good laugh on Twitter though.

I did find the fingering sketch quite good though.

Limmy's Show - I can understand why people found it a bit hit and miss. I enjoyed it for the most part - the Kelvingrove sketch was superb.