Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

Samuel Camazzola
On 10/03/2019 at 22:42, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Anything with the audience laugh to let you know when the gag has arrived.

Yep. I find Still Game dire and desperate. 

Funding needs to be directed and something fresh. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:D Yer some man, Pedro. Why do you put yersel thro such pain every week.

Only watched it because I read Amy MacDonald would be in it.

Bunny Munro

Once again it was really poor. I thought the second episode of the season has been the best so far. 

For those saying one of Jack/Victor will die - they're doing a run of stage shows later in the year. Unless they've decided to do them in flashback I'd expect both men to survive.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Once again it was really poor. I thought the second episode of the season has been the best so far. 

For those saying one of Jack/Victor will die - they're doing a run of stage shows later in the year. Unless they've decided to do them in flashback I'd expect both men to survive.

All the characters in Shakespeares plays are dead. Some plays feature characters that have never really existed but yet somehow very succesful stage shows have been produced.

Odd.

Just caught up.

I actually quite enjoyed both episodes of Dead Leg. Certainly no where near it’s heyday, but quite good by its current standard.

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I only came back to this thread to see what Peters excuse for watching it is. 

Keeps you guessing tbf

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I only came back to this thread to see what Peters excuse for watching it is. 

7 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Keeps you guessing tbf

:illogical:

Maroon Sailor
On 16/03/2019 at 13:55, peter_hmfc said:

Only watched it because I read Amy MacDonald would be in it.

IMG_3803.JPG

Better call Saul
16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

@peter_hmfc

Well, was it worth the wait?

:D

I don't recall such interest when Michelle McManus  appeared on the show .

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

@peter_hmfc

Well, was it worth the wait?

:D

Didn't bother watching it. Only watched it before because I thought Amy MacDonald would be in it, but then I saw how utterly utterly shite it is so I took everyones advice and didn't bother.

Will watch it next week but only so I can see who dies (hopefully the fat one).

7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Horror show.  What happened to her, she looks awful now?

Like you wouldn't pump her right enough.

She's still stunning. 

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Like you wouldn't pump her right enough.

She's still stunning. 

Nah, yer awrite.

The series finally achieved Mrs Brown’s Boys status last night.  No resemblance to what it used to be sadly.  

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Final episode tonight.

Never thought I'd say this years ago but, good! Never been the same. 7 on repeated viewing wasn't so bad. 8 was bad. Only got 2 episodes into this season before I chucked it. I'll be watching but only since its the finale

Салатные палочки

What's the bets then?

Clansman explodes due to a gas leak during a party? 

Jack leaves for Canada after Victor dies? 

Victor leaves for South Africa after Jack Dies? 

Suicide pact? 

I would like something similar to the New Year episode when they were stuck in the lift, with them reminiscing about the old days but I don't think they have it in them to write something as good as that now. 

Couple of Still Game programmes on afterwards as well. 

I don't think anyone with real significance will die tonight.

I think it'll end with Jack and Victor going their separate ways and going abroad to see the kids.

I P Knightley

Jack & Victor go on a road trip in an old convertible. A few scrapes with cops and robbers as they make their way from Craiglang to Edinburgh before a spectactular finale involving somehow getting their car to drive up Salisbury Crags.

Will be shite just like the rest of the series.

Only watching it because I read Nina Nesbitt will be in it.

Салатные палочки
7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Suicide pact? 

Thought I had nailed it at the end there. 

Seemed like a nothing episode tbh, just seemed to flit along with no real laughs the whole time then suddenly right at the end they tried to ram some poignancy into it at the last minute. It's as if they forgot it was the last episode then thought "Oh shit! We need to do something tearful and quick!".

Poor episode capping off a very poor series.

William H. Bonney
7 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Seemed like a nothing episode tbh, just seemed to flit along with no real laughs the whole time then suddenly right at the end they tried to ram some poignancy into it at the last minute. It's as if they forgot it was the last episode then thought "Oh shit! We need to do something tearful and quick!".

I bet points of view was your favourite tv programme. 

Ford and Greg (aka jack and victor) have always said they had an ending in mind, but at the last minute they changed it. So maybe that’s why the poster above thinks it was rushed and hurried, because, well, it was.

was nice enough way to end, albeit a wee bit basic.

one thing that annoyed me this season was the overuse of jack saying the wrong words

(creator - curator as an example)

fair enough once or twice as was the gag in previous series Bt seeemed to be at least 1 every episode.

thats just me being picky

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Ford and Greg (aka jack and victor) have always said they had an ending in mind, but at the last minute they changed it. So maybe that’s why the poster above thinks it was rushed and hurried, because, well, it was.

was nice enough way to end, albeit a wee bit basic.

one thing that annoyed me this season was the overuse of jack saying the wrong words

(creator - curator as an example)

fair enough once or twice as was the gag in previous series Bt seeemed to be at least 1 every episode.

thats just me being picky

I havent watched the final episode yet, but i thought they were alluding to something with this. Maybe they decided not to go with a more serious ending with dementia or one of them dying.

I P Knightley

Ending spoiler alert:

Whilst I was very close with my Thelma & Louise prediction (for 'Salisbury Crags', read 'Ben Lomond'; for 'old convertible', read 'walking'), it made me think of a kid doing his homework to write a story when his pals are out the back playing football:

"blah, blah, blah..." (that's enough!) "and then they all died."

Oh! And we'll show you Meena's face.

I don't know what I've had done better but the choice of Dylan track was alright.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Ending spoiler alert:

Hide contents

Whilst I was very close with my Thelma & Louise prediction (for 'Salisbury Crags', read 'Ben Lomond'; for 'old convertible', read 'walking'), it made me think of a kid doing his homework to write a story when his pals are out the back playing football:

"blah, blah, blah..." (that's enough!) "and then they all died."

Oh! And we'll show you Meena's face.

I don't know what I've had done better but the choice of Dylan track was alright.

Great analogy! Of course they could also have done...and the alarm clock went off, it was all a dream and its off to school now....

I thought the final episode was poor , should’ve been Winston in honeymoon and happy ever after with his new wife.

Isa & Navid finally get together after their previous flirtations . 

Jack going to Canada to be with family , Tam dying ( again) but no insurance this time ! 

The only character with a decent ending was Boaby . 

gashauskis9

Disappointed that the ending wasn’t Jack and Victor dying of heart attacks after a threesome with Amy MacDonald.  Opportunity missed I reckon.

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

:rofl:

The state of you on this thread.

Refusing to watch it, watching it, possibly just as many posts on the thread than anyone else. But you've no interest in Still Game.

None.

Apart from this female, or that female.

Nae interest but.

The absolute nick of it.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

The state of you on this thread.

Refusing to watch it, watching it, possibly just as many posts on the thread than anyone else. But you've no interest in Still Game.

None.

Apart from this female, or that female.

Nae interest but.

The absolute nick of it.

Guessing the sarcasm of the Nina Nesbitt reference flew right over your head (she was never ever predicted to be in it), but I guess being in New York that's expected of you (that and the utmost arseholery). The "only watched it because..." was a running thing of the thread but carry on being angry if it makes you happy.

So long as Amy Mac was slated to be in it I was always going to watch it, I even watched the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony and her Mastermind episode just to see her :wub: . They saved her episode until the second last episode and I was always going to watch the finale to see how it all ends.

But if it gives you a chance to lash out and project your angry wee-man Sy Parrish-esque arsehole-New-Yorker self then I'll let you continue :) . Please, do.

3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Disappointed that the ending wasn’t Jack and Victor dying of heart attacks after a threesome with Amy MacDonald.  Opportunity missed I reckon.

**** even I wouldn't want to watch that!

1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Guessing the sarcasm of the Nina Nesbitt reference flew right over your head (she was never ever predicted to be in it), but I guess being in New York that's expected of you (that and the utmost arseholery). The "only watched it because..." was a running thing of the thread but carry on being angry if it makes you happy.

So long as Amy Mac was slated to be in it I was always going to watch it, I even watched the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony and her Mastermind episode just to see her :wub: . They saved her episode until the second last episode and I was always going to watch the finale to see how it all ends.

But if it gives you a chance to lash out and project your angry wee-man Sy Parrish-esque arsehole-New-Yorker self then I'll let you continue :) . Please, do.

:yas:

7 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

:D Don't be shy Pedro, tell him how you really think.

Bridge of Djoum
13 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

I'm angry because you're raging about something you don't care about, but cannot stop posting about?

:cornette:

It's no wonder you've been roundly laughed at on this thread. You're like a poor mans i8.

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm angry because you're raging about something you don't care about, but cannot stop posting about?

:cornette:

It's no wonder you've been roundly laughed at on this thread. You're like a poor mans i8.

Raging? Wee-man New Yorker in sarcasm-and-sense-of-humour-bypass shocker!

Aberdeen will probably get a good result today so you can fully project all of lifes problems onto us all later if you want.

Anyways, back on topic before I was rudely interrupted, I rewatched the clip of the ending on Twitter and I suppose it had a more artistic thinking behind it than first thought. There will be fans who preferred them to pass away as they'd feel it to be a more fitting ending, other people will have preferred they survived and lived on. The fact they faded away means that there is sufficient to backing each concept. Those who preferred them to pass away can say the fading out is represetative of that therefore they must be dead, but those who preferred them to live on can say there was no death scene and no funeral, therefore no death.