Still game returns tonight !

Better call Saul

chester copperpot

I miss wee fergie ..(top mam of the CYT )

Got married of course to that fat mess from the cafe

He's in next weeks episode.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peter_hmfc

• Maroon Sailor

• iantjambo

• AlimOzturk

The last 2 episodes have been solid enough. TBH, I have never found Still Game to be a consistently great show, it has a few good episodes every series.

I think this series is suffering from the massive build up that seemed to surround it.

For an 80s bird she wasn't a bad bit of crumpet even better when I seen her in that nurses uniform in the second series

It was even better when she wore the bikini during the Spain episodes

Fwiw I think last episode was as good as any the old ones. Brilliant.

Methadone Mick is going to be a brilliant character

Wasn't such a big fan of the last episode.  It was quite funny at times, but I really hope this Methadone Mick lad isn't going to be a regular.

It's tedious, cringy, predictable humour that doesn't get any funnier as the episode goes on.

Still, onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Edited by tian447

No explanation why Methadone Mick is back on the streets after last weeks episode. Pretty poor episode tonight to be honest.

When did it change back to the Clansman?

The new series has been dire , that episode tonight was the worst so far, I am so glad that I didn't buy tickets for the live show.

Last night's show was a bit dire......loved the early seasons.....reminded me off chewing the fat, rab c and the wonderful scotch and rye.

No explanation why Methadone Mick is back on the streets after last weeks episode. Pretty poor episode tonight to be honest.

When did it change back to the Clansman?

Didn't he get a job in the previous episode?

Rudi-Robertson

Last nights was regurgitated pish!! They used the cly-toris patter in the original live run in 1999(which was brilliant) but this series absolute dug meat. The second episode with the wacky watter was watchable and produced a couple of laughs but the other in the other two episodes I haven't even raised a smile

Салатные палочки

Pretty pish. Apart from the scene in the shop with Boaby looking for the bargains.

That wee red head but [emoji814]mshot:

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Enjoyed last nights, my fave one so far, almost getting to see Naveeds wife.

Why would you want to see Naveed's wife?

It was ok, a few chuckles, but what's different from the seasons before is that not only did it have a few chuckles there was a usually one or two hilarious bits.

Latter has been missing.

Absolutely terrible episode of an absolutely terrible programme.

Jack and Victor seemed to be somewhat 3rd string characters with no real main plot line. Fergie and Sinead just seemed to play the stereotypical "weegie ned" that the show, and Scottish comedy in general, has wheeled out so many times it's beyond cringeworthy. The Boaby/Navid plotlines were a good idea but never really went anywhere, just basically Navid calling them *******s etc, it would have been better if they'd opened it up more, trying to sabotage each others efforts or each others businesses. Methdaone Mick seems like an idea they came up with, got bored of, and are now trying to shove in a drawer somewhere.

The acting was pretty dreadful in general as well.

I think the new series has been ok.  Some good points to it and I'm glad it's back.  It was always going to be difficult after years away and the expectations being so high.

I can't stand the Methadone Mick stuff.  I seriously hope he's not going to be in it regularly.  

William H. Bonney

I think the new series has been ok. Some good points to it and I'm glad it's back. It was always going to be difficult after years away and the expectations being so high.

I can't stand the Methadone Mick stuff. I seriously hope he's not going to be in it regularly.

He's the new pete the jakey so probably in each episode but only briefly. It's a dreadful character.

Rudi-Robertson

He's the new pete the jakey so probably in each episode but only briefly. It's a dreadful character.

They could have cut the shite with Mick and gave more screen time to Shug, Eric or even Tam

jambos are go!

Im an old codger and wonder if Metadone Mick is a reasonable charactature of a clever youngster whose life has been ruined by urban drug abuse. If so he is a valid character in a council estate sit com. IMO.

William H. Bonney

Im an old codger and wonder if Metadone Mick is a reasonable charactature of a clever youngster whose life has been ruined by urban drug abuse. If so he is a valid character in a council estate sit com. IMO.

To be honest, I don't think the writers meant it that way. He's just a jakey with big teeth.

Mick bangs on about being a no gooder who hasn't been up to much but is a wordsmith it's just daft.

At least a bit of an explanation of his sacking (e.g. When fergie stops on the stairs 'what happened to your job? )

Also

Fergie aged a hell of a lot in 'a year' of marriage

Mick bangs on about being a no gooder who hasn't been up to much but is a wordsmith it's just daft.

At least a bit of an explanation of his sacking (e.g. When fergie stops on the stairs 'what happened to your job? )

Also

Fergie aged a hell of a lot in 'a year' of marriage

To be fair there's a multitude of plot holes ever since the first series.

chester copperpot

Absolutely terrible episode of an absolutely terrible programme.

Jack and Victor seemed to be somewhat 3rd string characters with no real main plot line. Fergie and Sinead just seemed to play the stereotypical "weegie ned" that the show, and Scottish comedy in general, has wheeled out so many times it's beyond cringeworthy. The Boaby/Navid plotlines were a good idea but never really went anywhere, just basically Navid calling them *******s etc, it would have been better if they'd opened it up more, trying to sabotage each others efforts or each others businesses. Methdaone Mick seems like an idea they came up with, got bored of, and are now trying to shove in a drawer somewhere.

The acting was pretty dreadful in general as well.

Why the actual **** do you watch it then

I asked him pretty much the same question a few weeks ago and the answer was because everyone else was watching it :rofl:

I'll say again what I said then. He's watching a programme just so he can come on here and slate it. Pretty odd behaviour imo.

Thought it was quite funny to begin with but **** me, just turned the 4th episode off half way through because it was so bad.

Yeah it was definitely the weakest of the 4 episodes so far. Forced a couple of laughs out but that was it.

Because various posts on this board have indicated it'll get better and better as it gets back into its stride. That and I'm partially still hoping for a cameo from Amy MacDonald :peepwall: .

I asked him pretty much the same question a few weeks ago and the answer was because everyone else was watching it :rofl:

I'll say again what I said then. He's watching a programme just so he can come on here and slate it. Pretty odd behaviour imo.

Strange that someone should watch a massively hyped comeback of a programme that people were raving about in its previous series and stage shows? You're saying this despite the fact I've already explained it to you before. Pretty odd behaviour imo :rofl: .

Poor episode again tonight though.