Museum and Memorial Garden Opening

Footballfirst

scott herbertson

Correct. However, the new stand will give us opportunities to do additional displays. NB no details of what these will be have been worked on so don't ask at the moment.

Presumably there will be some turnover of displays as well (I mean that not all the displays will be permanent)

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• davemclaren

• scott herbertson

• John Findlay

Hearts Heritage

Presumably there will be some turnover of displays as well (I mean that not all the displays will be permanent)

Yes,

Also we will be showing some of the objects not on display e.g. We have a great set of 'scrapbooks' that we will let visitors see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kawasakijambo

Open today 10-4

It's my day off on Monday will it be open?

Hearts Heritage

It's my day off on Monday will it be open?

Not open Monday to Wednesday

Open Thursday to Sunday

Hearts Heritage

Just heading into open up.

Open today 10-4

Tomorrow 12-4

every 3 to 6 months I believe

display cabinets specially designed to make this easy

In the memorial garden there's a plaque to a certain George Brews, if you know who this is I might be a relative ?

That might be the former member of Ardmillan Bowling club, lovely guy, champion there around 2010ish ? Cancer it was I think that took him very quickly.

Hearts Heritage

Can you hire it out for dinner? I'm sure I read something about that...

There is a dinning option I'll see if I can find out more details and a link.

How long should it take to get around?

From what I gather on here, to take it all in, will require more than one visit. 2-3 hours in a museum of any sort, is generally quite enough for any one person. Seems the display and description  items on here will take more than one visit, wonderful !

Hearts Heritage

Open today from Noon until 4.

The Memorial Garden is open the same hours.

Jambo 4 Ever

Thanks much appreciated

Open today from Noon until 4.

The Memorial Garden is open the same hours.

Are the club pleased with visitor numbers so far?

Just wondering if you have managed to find out any more about this?

There doesn't seem to be much information on it from what I can see....

thanks

Hearts Heritage

Just wondering if you have managed to find out any more about this?

There doesn't seem to be much information on it from what I can see....

thanks

On holiday at the moment as soon as I'm back in I'll find out for you.

Hearts Heritage

Is it usually rammed on match days? (i know its been international break). Just thinking im gonna get there for about 11 on Saturday.

Only had one so far the day after it opened. Busy but Wasn't 'rammed'

The Natural Order

I know this is probably a stupid question, but where do you enter the Memorial Garden from? Thinking of visiting tomorrow.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but where do you enter the Memorial Garden from? Thinking of visiting tomorrow.

Gorge Road entrance

As if u were entering the museum, but instead of going down, walk along as if you were going into the wheatfield stand and walk along the concourse and then head down the steps at the bottom at the corner of the Roseburn and wheatfield stands and it will be opengates

The Natural Order

As if u were entering the museum, but instead of going down, walk along as if you were going into the wheatfield stand and walk along the concourse and then head down the steps at the bottom at the corner of the Roseburn and wheatfield stands and it will be opengates

Ah, nice one. Cheers fella :2thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

Open

today 10-4

Tomorrow 10-12 No access to Memorial Garden on matchdays

Sunday 12-4

Seymour M Hersh

Hopefully with the schools off next week it will be busy. I take there are no plans to open Monday-Wednesday to take advantage of the mid0-term break.

Hearts Heritage

Hopefully with the schools off next week it will be busy. I take there are no plans to open Monday-Wednesday to take advantage of the mid0-term break.

Not currently.

School holidays here are this week. Took advantage and went today with the wee fella. Fantastic content and a very knowledgeable host - highly recommended.

Got a shock to discover the family namesakes plight from the war - will definitely be researching that further.

Hearts Heritage

Only open 10 to 12 today as it is a Match Day. And the Memorial Garden is closed.

Open tomorrow 12-4 along with the Memorial Garden.

I will be opening up today.

Open from 12-4 as is access to the Memorial Garden.

Hope to get along following the pitch plot ceremony today Davy

Hearts Heritage

A few updates

1 We now have an email address for the 'Museum' please use

[email protected]

We have had enquiries going to various different email addresses so we will be asking any Hearts staff to forward any they have received to the new email address.

2 Apologies if you have been waiting on a response regarding any objects handed in or any requests for information regarding any objects you may have. Our recent focus has been on preparing the Museum for opening and the operation of the Museum over the last 3 weeks.  So please bear with us as We work through the list of people awaiting a response over the coming weeks.

3 Dining in the Museum.

Information on the packages available will be communicated shortly by the Commercial team.

queensferryjambo

I had the pleasure of visiting the museum last Sunday.

Well done to all who worked on putting it together it is absolutely tremendous.

Each and every item in the museum is top quality and the aesthetics of the displays is fantastic.

Guess The Crowd

I will be opening up today.

Open from 12-4 as is access to the Memorial Garden.

Enjoyed meeting you on Sunday (talked about our mutual friend who you first met at ICT game in 2005/06). Everything about the museum is first class, very well put together.

Really enjoyed my second visit over to the museum today. First class, and presented so thoughtfully.

I wonder if the club might consider replacing the big metal doors to the ground behind the Gorgie with some nice cast-iron gates. It's maybe OK for Hearts fans who are familiar with the place, but it's not the most appealing of entrances to the museum, especially if they are only slightly open, as they were on my first visit. Slightly foreboding for visitors. Just a thought.

Really enjoyed my second visit over to the museum today. First class, and presented so thoughtfully.

I wonder if the club might consider replacing the big metal doors to the ground behind the Gorgie with some nice cast-iron gates. It's maybe OK for Hearts fans who are familiar with the place, but it's not the most appealing of entrances to the museum, especially if they are only slightly open, as they were on my first visit. Slightly foreboding for visitors. Just a thought.

An excellent idea.

Quite a few Football Clubs have ornate gates commemorating some team or player - I think Liverpool have something along these lines.

From experience, big ornate gates of this type would cost in the region of ?30k, so maybe one for the future.

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the museum,and will be back.

One thing that I did notice was a lack of signage making it clear the museum was open and where to go.

If the museum is only aimed at Hearts fanatics than this will not be a problem as they will probably already know the hours and where to go. But some simple retro pavement A-Frame signage could possibly help raise awareness and increase visitor numbers.

...a bit disco

Visited it today. Good way to spend an hour. Enjoyable.

Me too.

10/10