• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• davemclaren

• scott herbertson

• Jambo 4 Ever

stirlingshirejambo

Great photographs. Must visit soon.

I almost don't want to see the pictures as can't wait to see it in person and might spoil the surprise at the exhibits

Well done to all involved in sure there was a tremendous amount of work went into it all

Will go next Saturday

I'm wondering if this relic from the Main Stand should be included in the Museum?

36e2a2ffe9aab7360ded94def2a4a546.jpg

I bet it's seen a few arseholes over the past century! [emoji85][emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost don't want to see the pictures as can't wait to see it in person and might spoil the surprise at the exhibits

Well done to all involved in sure there was a tremendous amount of work went into it all

Will go next Saturday

Was just thinking the same!

I'm wondering if this relic from the Main Stand should be included in the Museum?

Hahahahaha!

scott herbertson

Pity we can't give credit to you like the old system - a top remark!

Really enjoyed my visit, it was however a flying one as I went about 1140 and had the wee man who wasn't keen to sit in his buggy.

The pictures on here so far, whilst great, don't do the museum justice, it is a magnificent place and I am absolutely going to go back and properly go round and take it all in.

1 slight bug bear for the OCD stickler in me

Got our lettters to claim certificates, number 208 and 242!

But it's not an issue at all it's a lovely idea and looking forward to adding those certificates to my own Hearts display at (parents) home next to my share certificate.

Once again well done to all.

Ps) what was the piece of silverware that Ann Budge referred to in the interviews today that was "black"

My wife and I went along to the Museum and Memorial garden today and we were very surprised and impressed by the amount of information and memorabilia on display in the museum. It was brilliant following the history of the club from its roots to present day. Well done to all involved in setting this up. The visit to the Memorial garden was a very moving and touching experience and a credit to Hearts. A must see for all Hearts fans. HHGH.

Really enjoyed my visit, it was however a flying one as I went about 1140 and had the wee man who wasn't keen to sit in his buggy.

The pictures on here so far, whilst great, don't do the museum justice, it is a magnificent place and I am absolutely going to go back and properly go round and take it all in.

1 slight bug bear for the OCD stickler in me

Got our lettters to claim certificates, number 208 and 242!

But it's not an issue at all it's a lovely idea and looking forward to adding those certificates to my own Hearts display at (parents) home next to my share certificate.

Once again well done to all.

Ps) what was the piece of silverware that Ann Budge referred to in the interviews today that was "black"

Think it was the silver sugar and milk jug now gleaming.

The museum is excellent.  I took my mum down to see it on Sunday as she's a life long Jambo and she really enjoyed it.  She's already planning to go back again, but with a camera this time so she can take some photos.

Go to entrance of museum there will be someone there, you walk along the concourse of the wheatfield stand it's at the end down the stairs , if you manage to go on a Friday you can have a wee peek of the team in training.

Maybe not this Friday right enough due to playing away.

Go to entrance of museum there will be someone there, you walk along the concourse of the wheatfield stand it's at the end down the stairs , if you manage to go on a Friday you can have a wee peek of the team in training.

Maybe not this Friday right enough due to playing away.

. That's what we done before, my mum was exhausted. Took her ages. There was another entrance side of old stand wasn't sure if that would be used...

Hearts Heritage

How long should it take to get around?

Depending on how long you take to look at each object I would say between 30 minutes and an hour.

There are 5 'Big Cabinets' with around 30 objects in each.

2 Big Display cases.

2 Table tops.

6 pods.

3 Small cases.

Plus the info panels.

The film lasts 10 minutes.

If you don't want to spend that long I'd suggest pick a couple of cabinets and come back again to visit to see some others.

Hearts Heritage

A reminder the Museum is open this week

10-4 Thurs, Fri and Sat

12-4 on Sunday

Edited by 12august1893

Tell me that's not a photo of something you can still find in use today? [emoji50]

Tell me that's not a photo of something you can still find in use today? [emoji50]

Yes! Used it myself on Saturday fortunately never had to sit on or hover over it thankfully. I have in the past though as the need arose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to see the museum earlier today. Really good artefacts and a great history of the Club. I enjoyed the video too, narrated by Robbo, of course. I didn't go to see the Memorial Garden, will save that for my next visit.

Well done to all involved in the creation of the museum, I really hope it's a big success. I went into the shop afterwards and had a chat with the man behind the counter and he said he'd directed a man from Norwich round to the museum, be good to get more publicity so tourists come and visit.

visited today number 442 good to see it and some great things on show in one place rather than distributed around the lounges.would have liked abit more about Haymarket in the displays but will definitely need a number of visits to take it all  properly

visited today number 442 good to see it and some great things on show in one place rather than distributed around the lounges.would have liked abit more about Haymarket in the displays but will definitely need a number of visits to take it all  properly

Did you see the programme and invitation for the unveiling in 1922 ?? In the glass case with a lot of other WW1 and WW2 material.

GC

Was there this morning. Visitor number 481. The museum is superb. All the exhibits are displayed wonderfully. A massive well done to all involved. To those that haven't done so. Put a visit on your to do list.

HaymarketJambo

I was there with my nephew today really enjoyed the museum, plus we got visitor certificate from the club shop after the visit

Brilliant from Hearts to have this museum.    

I was in earlier. No 614. Very nicely done. Had a walk round to the memorial garden as well...

Big Slim Stylee

Big dave's turned into to the actor Bryan Brown....Anyway some cool things in those photos, looks good

vodATH8.jpg?1

That's a scary likeness! :)

Did you see the programme and invitation for the unveiling in 1922 ?? In the glass case with a lot of other WW1 and WW2 material.

GC

Gary , yes I did and they are great things to have but the memorial is only a shadow image  maybe I am just a bit biased

Hearts Heritage

Museum and Memorial Garden is open today from 12-4.

If you're coming along I'll there to welcome you.

Museum and Memorial Garden is open today from 12-4.

If you're coming along I'll there to welcome you.

Are you trying to scare people away, Davy!  :10900:

Hearts Heritage

Open today

10-4

Friday and Saturday

10-4

Sunday

12-4

The Memorial Garden is open the same hours.

Edited by 12august1893

I went along to the museum at lunch time - very warm and friendly welcome, and a must visit for all Hearts fans.

I also popped along to the memorial garden to see my old dad's plaque again - just along from it, a new one has been erected to an 83 year old Hearts fan.

It read -

"Still watching the Hearts ~

Just from a different hospitality suite"

Wonderful!!

I went along to the museum at lunch time - very warm and friendly welcome, and a must visit for all Hearts fans.

I also popped along to the memorial garden to see my old dad's plaque again - just along from it, a new one has been erected to an 83 year old Hearts fan.

It read -

"Still watching the Hearts ~

Just from a different hospitality suite"

Wonderful!!

That quote made me smile. ;)

That quote made me smile. ;)

Me too - although I am not ashamed to say that after reading all the heart felt messages on the plaques I did have a bit of a lump in my throat.

Hungry hippo

Went today - well worth the visit. Assume we will devote more space to it in the new stand

My understanding is that the plan is to keep the museum where it is long term.

Hearts Heritage

My understanding is that the plan is to keep the museum where it is long term.

Correct. However, the new stand will give us opportunities to do additional displays. NB no details of what these will be have been worked on so don't ask at the moment.

Edited by 12august1893

John Findlay

I was wondering that when the new stand is completed and the new hospitality suite (s) open. Could the museum not expand further into the Gorgie stand?

Fxxx the SPFL

Correct. However, the new stand will give us opportunities to do additional displays. NB no details of what these will be have been worked on so don't ask at the moment.

Hi Davy, i donated a framed print of all the Scottish cup winning cards that you had made up (to raise funds), i bought two sets and had the Earl Haig poppy factory frame them up (both sides) looks really smart hopefully find space in any extended museum to show your efforts off.

Why would anyone want to uproot the museum as it is now?

It's clearly a permanent fixture where it is.

You don't go to all that trouble only to dismantle it a year or so later.