"Revolting against austerity"

i8hibsh

This thread is truly bizarre.

It's little more than a planning dispute. Peoples right to protest but it's seems to have become a focal point for certain views to be expressed.

Little more than some locals being unhappy about council decision to grant planning permission. A huge amount of hyperbole seems to have followed. Similar to this thread!

A couple of articles for those interested.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14508146.Architect_warns_of_dark_future_for_library_amid_protests_over_hotel_plan/

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/sep/08/edinburgh-endarkenment-public-land-luxury-hotel-india-buildings

Seems a pretty shit protest to be honest.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fecking bang on.

We the public bailed out those bankers who royally fecked it up with billions of tax payers money.

Although I agree with you that the way some banks behaved in the past (maybe even still now) was really poor. The U.K general public has to take its share of the blame as well for the way they behaved

Remember that financial crisis come banking meltdown  in 2007/08  when  billions of pounds of UK  tax payers money was used to bail out  the banks and  kicked started the draconian  "austerity"  cuts and attacks on public spending and welfare.

And more future  austerity cuts are not being ruled out by Theresa May. 

Well it seems it could be a black October for the banks if "Anonymous Legion" carry this out.

Takes revolting against austerity to a new level. :laugh4:

Target Lists for #Oplcarus Phase #4 OpBlackOct#  :toff:

1;Barron?s 2016 List: Best 100 Hedge Funds :toff:    :deal2:

http://www.barrons.com/arti?/best-100-hedge-funds-1466223924

2;Complete List of BANKS Owned/Controlled by the Rothschild Family...

https://realitieswatch.com/complete-list-of-banks-ownedcon

3;List of entities involved in 2007?08 financial crises
https://en.wikipedia.org/?/List_of_entities_involved_in_200?

4;List of stock exchanges
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_exchanges

5;List of Stock Exchanges around the World
http://www.world-stock-exchanges.net/

6;MEMBER FIRM DIRECTORY London Stock Exchange
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/?/member-firm-directory-?

7;Top 150 Largest Banks - Online Banking Report
http://onlinebankingreport.com/resources/100.html

8;List of financial regulatory authorities by country
https://en.wikipedia.org/?/List_of_financial_regulatory_aut?

The days of people with placards protesting are coming  to a end i feel for it is now manifesting as a highly organised and complicated protest involving a  systematic and ongoing  cyber war. 

The moral of this post is "follow the money" for your nations and global problems and especially the creation of austerity and poverty. Who is pulling the strings??

14368750_772795916157029_725472384006450

Anonymous are a nothing organisation. The most they've achieved is bringing a website down for a few minutes, which, in the grand scheme of things, means absolutely **** all. I pity anyone who idolises this 'organisation'. They are teenagers mucking about with computers. Seriously cringeworthy stuff.

Anonymous are a nothing organisation. The most they've achieved is bringing a website down for a few minutes, which, in the grand scheme of things, means absolutely **** all. I pity anyone who idolises this 'organisation'. They are teenagers mucking about with computers. Seriously cringeworthy stuff.

Says the man posting on the internet complaining.

Governor Tarkin

What the hell does anonymous have to do with a proposed hotel development in Edinburgh???

Ken.

It's gone from a fairly amusing i8 pseudo right wing, self-righteous whinge to a maroonlegions copy-and-paste-links-all-over-the-effin-place type deal (some reasonable - but off topic - points not withstanding).

Governor Tarkin

Most poor people I know seem to blame the government for everything including their financial difficulties.

Yet they smoke 20 fags a day. :lol:

Most wealthy and/or intelligent people I know see this as a symptom of the 'entitlement complex' fostered by rampant consumerism, ergo the capitalist system.

And some of them also smoke 20 fags a day LOL.

Bridge of Djoum

Not clicking that link...what are Anonymous planning in October?

To release more memes and internet stickers.

The Cowgate dossers no doubt complain about how the taxpayer bailed out the bankers too. None of their business really at the end of the day.

Anonymous have never lived or worked a day in their lives. Silver spoon fed kids (the irony) who know nothing more than the digital age. An utter cringe of an organisation.

Remember that financial crisis come banking meltdown in 2007/08 when billions of pounds of UK tax payers money was used to bail out the banks and kicked started the draconian "austerity" cuts and attacks on public spending and welfare.

And more future austerity cuts are not being ruled out by Theresa May.

Well it seems it could be a black October for the banks if "Anonymous Legion" carry this out.

Takes revolting against austerity to a new level. :laugh4:

Target Lists for #Oplcarus Phase #4 OpBlackOct# :toff:

1;Barron?s 2016 List: Best 100 Hedge Funds :toff: :deal2:

http://www.barrons.com/arti?/best-100-hedge-funds-1466223924

2;Complete List of BANKS Owned/Controlled by the Rothschild Family...

https://realitieswatch.com/complete-list-of-banks-ownedcon

3;List of entities involved in 2007?08 financial crises

https://en.wikipedia.org/?/List_of_entities_involved_in_200?

4;List of stock exchanges

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_exchanges

5;List of Stock Exchanges around the World

http://www.world-stock-exchanges.net/

6;MEMBER FIRM DIRECTORY London Stock Exchange

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/?/member-firm-directory-?

7;Top 150 Largest Banks - Online Banking Report

http://onlinebankingreport.com/resources/100.html

8;List of financial regulatory authorities by country

https://en.wikipedia.org/?/List_of_financial_regulatory_aut?

The days of people with placards protesting are coming to a end i feel for it is now manifesting as a highly organised and complicated protest involving a systematic and ongoing cyber war.

The moral of this post is "follow the money" for your nations and global problems and especially the creation of austerity and poverty. Who is pulling the strings??

14368750_772795916157029_725472384006450

Please provide more info on these "draconian austerity cuts". Must've missed them. Anonymous have you 'hook line and sinkered' eh dude?

That video btw

:facepalm:

Someone needs to tell these pricks how insulting they are. I am a banker and I am not greedy. They refer to about 0.0000004% of world bankers as "bankers". They literally blame banks for everything eh? Deary me. I'd actually guess some of them probably work in banks themselves.

Generic Username

I think the ire directed towards banks is at those at the very highest levels of the industry - those involved in the LIBOR adjustment scandal or those responsible on signing off on buying up "toxic debt" - not low level back office plebs.

I think the ire directed towards banks is at those at the very highest levels of the industry - those involved in the LIBOR adjustment scandal or those responsible on signing off on buying up "toxic debt" - not low level back office plebs.

Charming !

Generic Username

I didn't mean that to sound as disparaging as it did but you get what I'm saying. Those protesting and screaming about the banks aren't really aiming their frustrations at Davey who is the manager of a Cash Recs team filled with temps or Wendy in Customer Analytics. You've ever right to be miffed at those at the very top who messed it for the rest of us.

Not that I'm suggesting sitting in a drum circle in the cowgate is the best way to vent those kinds of frustrations but.

I didn't mean that to sound as disparaging as it did but you get what I'm saying. Those protesting and screaming about the banks aren't really aiming their frustrations at Davey who is the manager of a Cash Recs team filled with temps or Wendy in Customer Analytics. You've ever right to be miffed at those at the very top who messed it for the rest of us.

Not that I'm suggesting sitting in a drum circle in the cowgate is the best way to vent those kinds of frustrations but.

Nah, I know what you mean.

And the front line staff are just as irritated by the behaviours of the leadership as anyone else.

They have a big right if they pay their taxes, without a doubt.  And I don?t mean buying a Curly Wurly, a packet of Monster Munch and a can of Fanta :facepalm:

The thing we just have to accept is that we all hate the big bankers (I am sure) but the financial sector contributes 80p in every pound that the welfare state spends (approx.).

However, that being said, they take more than they give and they don?t contribute what they should.  But, this can be said for half the pricks wearing those silly ?V for Vendetta? masks also.

C?est la vie, we have the rich elite at the top taking the piss and you have the low life scum at the bottom taking the piss.  Myself, and I imagine most on here are stuck somewhere in between contributing far more than we take.  It will as a fact NEVER change.  Just roll with the punches.

I get absolutely diddly squat interest on my savings but if you go overdrawn for a second you pay a huge rate ? but what do we do? we need banks, they are key to every economy. As long as they are constantly being monitored (Sturgeon style) we can do our best to control them.  I had great joy in receiving ?8,000 PPI reclaim a few years back ? screw them.  I enjoy everytime a bank gets a huge fine etc ? pleases me.

We give banks our money, they take our money and make shit loads of money from our money and all we get in return is what we gave them in the first place.  That is the crux, but I try not to let it keep me up at night, you gotta just keep working away, contribute and do your thing.

The thing we just have to accept is that we all hate the big bankers (I am sure) but the financial sector contributes 80p in every pound that the welfare state spends (approx.).

C?est la vie, we have the rich elite at the top taking the piss and you have the low life scum at the bottom taking the piss.  Myself, and I imagine most on here are stuck somewhere in between contributing far more than we take.  It will as a fact NEVER change.  Just roll with the punches.

Can you provide a source for that stat.  Surely if the financial sector provides 80% of welfare state spend, then it must also contribute 80% to the entire budget as I am not aware that monies from certain sources go directly to certain spends.

"It will as a fact NEVER change" - not a fact at all.  A, perhaps rational, deduction on your part, but certainly not a fact.

Can you provide a source for that stat.  Surely if the financial sector provides 80% of welfare state spend, then it must also contribute 80% to the entire budget as I am not aware that monies from certain sources go directly to certain spends.

"It will as a fact NEVER change" - not a fact at all.  A, perhaps rational, deduction on your part, but certainly not a fact.

Lots of easily accessible documents online Boris.  I just read a good one from PWC on the UK financial sector's contribution to the economy.  It really is our bread and butter.

You think one day the world's capitalists are going to huddle together and say wait a minute guys we have been doing this wrong. Let's start distributing the wealth more.

I just can't see it.

Lots of easily accessible documents online Boris.  I just read a good one from PWC on the UK financial sector's contribution to the economy.  It really is our bread and butter.

This report https://www.pwc.co.uk/assets/pdf/total-tax-contribution-of-the-uk-banking-sector-1909.pdf seems to suggest that the total tax contribution of the banking sector was 5.5% of total government tax receipts.

I'm not sure how this can then equate to 80% of the Welfare State bill. 

You think one day the world's capitalists are going to huddle together and say wait a minute guys we have been doing this wrong. Let's start distributing the wealth more.

I just can't see it.

No, others may change their minds for them, or seize the means of production etc etc.

That may not be likely either, but that it could happen means that it could change, therefore you are incorrect to assert it as FACT.

Sawdust Caesar

This report https://www.pwc.co.uk/assets/pdf/total-tax-contribution-of-the-uk-banking-sector-1909.pdf seems to suggest that the total tax contribution of the banking sector was 5.5% of total government tax receipts.

I'm not sure how this can then equate to 80% of the Welfare State bill. 

In 2015/16 Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and NIC made up 56% of total tax receipts, Corporation Tax was 10%, VAT was 20% and Bank Levy and Petroleum Revenue was 10%.

As regards to whose tax pays for what, you could just as easily claim all the tax paid by the banks pays for all the ordnance we're dropping in Syria and HS2 rail upgrade.

Governor Tarkin

No, others may change their minds for them

There'll be some form of revolution at some point.

Quite possibly a bloody one.

There'll be some form of revolution at some point.

Quite possibly a bloody one.

How, will someone cut their finger on a hashtag?

No, others may change their minds for them, or seize the means of production etc etc.

That may not be likely either, but that it could happen means that it could change, therefore you are incorrect to assert it as FACT.

How would someone go about seizing the means of production when it.comes to banks.

I assume you mean government intervention.

Governor Tarkin

How, will someone cut their finger on a hashtag?

Could you explain the mechanics of that one to me please?

In 2015/16 Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and NIC made up 56% of total tax receipts, Corporation Tax was 10%, VAT was 20% and Bank Levy and Petroleum Revenue was 10%.

As regards to whose tax pays for what, you could just as easily claim all the tax paid by the banks pays for all the ordnance we're dropping in Syria and HS2 rail upgrade.

Yeah, I read that, but my reply to i8 was his assertation that the banking sector paid via its taxes 80% of the welfare bill, which is complete nonsense.  Not only in actual amounts, but also due to the second point you make (which I think I alluded to earlier as well).

Could you explain the mechanics of that one to me please?

We are living in an age so far gone from the 1960s.  Back then people changed the world, nowadays all people do is start a hashtag on twitter or join a facebook petition.

How would someone go about seizing the means of production when it.comes to banks.

I assume you mean government intervention.

Essentially you would nationalise the banks so there would only be one (should call it McLeod's!) and all the money raised by seizing the means of production goes through that.  I think. :wink::thumb:

Governor Tarkin

We are living in an age so far gone from the 1960s. Back then people changed the world, nowadays all people do is start a hashtag on twitter or join a facebook petition.

I think what you mean to say is YOU are living in an age so far gone from the 60's.

Maybe your world is just a sort of mirror image of the bubble that those middle class lefties or feckless layabouts inhabit.

Meanwhile an external reality exists, and status quo's don't - historically speaking - stay status quo's for any great length of time.

Essentially you would nationalise the banks so there would only be one (should call it McLeod's!) and all the money raised by seizing the means of production goes through that.  I think. :wink::thumb:

What could possibly go wrong...?

Psychedelicropcircle

Ive worked all my life, with four kids, three of which are working, one at Uni. One kid had to fight depression but thanks to his determination is working steadily.

I feel I've done my bit for society and I still work as a sports instructor and I'm not asking for any recognition.

I wish those scum would seek help or piss off over to Weeg. If anyone wants to work, they can.

I am Katie Hopkins.

Clearly you've forgot about boasting about your lad using food banks....or is he to **** off to the weeg also?

Clearly you've forgot about boasting about your lad using food banks....or is he to **** off to the weeg also?

No he is the one who had to fight the depression.  Now he has a job and pays his taxes.

I am Katie.

MacDonald Jardine

We are living in an age so far gone from the 1960s. Back then people changed the world, nowadays all people do is start a hashtag on twitter or join a facebook petition.

Well yes but how did they do that?

They tuned in and had freak outs (npt too dissimilar to drum circles in the Cowgate).

Then they put ties on and became the establishment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sawdust Caesar

Yeah, I read that, but my reply to i8 was his assertation that the banking sector paid via its taxes 80% of the welfare bill, which is complete nonsense.  Not only in actual amounts, but also due to the second point you make (which I think I alluded to earlier as well).

Sorry, I didn't mean my post to sound like I was questioning your claim, I was actually backing up what you said.

Archived