Got stung in the head

Smack

I've been advocating for bees for a while. They are massively important for pollination reasons. And I was led to believe they only hurt people under exceptional circumstances.

However, one of their number flew threw my open window and stung me on the back of my head. Without wanting to profile bees, I did find a "sting" lodged in my head and your wasps don't leave a sting behind, allegedly.

The thing buzzed about my ear, woke me up, and when I shooed it away by flapping my hands it got tangled in my hair then stung me whilst I performed my confused semi awake brushing away motion.

No chance for dialogue. It just lashed out. I'm not tarring all bees with the same brush, but I'm not happy with the bee community right now.

It's sore as f###.

I could be wrong, but I was a magnet to wasps when I was younger, and I'm sure I remember seeing their sting hanging out my arm once, in fact I'm positive!?

Been stung by wasps 3 times in the past 4 months all on the back of my left hand. Twice I've had to pull the stingers out. Boiling water and vinegar at first to stabilise it then piss on it.

Салатные палочки

I was taken to the hospital when I was 4 after being stung on the tongue. My mum said I was walking down the street moaning as usual and it flew in my mouth, must've panicked and struck out.

As it goes, I like bees. Wasps can go and raffle themselves but.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

I was taken to the hospital when I was 4 after being stung on the tongue. My mum said I was walking down the street moaning as usual and it flew in my mouth, must've panicked and struck out.

Also hospitalised by a bee/wasp sting when I was young. Didnt notice it on my doughnut and it stung my throat in the way down.

Dont minds bees wasps are simply evil *******s.

Lou is hoping your tongue still works ok.

luckyBatistuta

Took on a whole wasps nest on the golf course and won post-25326-0-62057200-1474235255_thumb.jpeg

OP...you do know you can buy hair wax in the shops and avoid the risk.

I've been advocating for bees for a while. They are massively important for pollination reasons. And I was led to believe they only hurt people under exceptional circumstances.

However, one of their number flew threw my open window and stung me on the back of my head. Without wanting to profile bees, I did find a "sting" lodged in my head and your wasps don't leave a sting behind, allegedly.

The thing buzzed about my ear, woke me up, and when I shooed it away by flapping my hands it got tangled in my hair then stung me whilst I performed my confused semi awake brushing away motion.

No chance for dialogue. It just lashed out. I'm not tarring all bees with the same brush, but I'm not happy with the bee community right now.

It's sore as f###.

Sounds like you were overly aggressive to this poor bee.

#BeeLivesMatter

I'm off to chain myself to the runway at Edinburgh airport in protest

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Had a nightmare that I was stung off a wasp and was put into a coma! Woke up convinced it was a message and now anytime death from above comes near I run screaming like a girl!

True story :sob:

luckyBatistuta

Had a nightmare that I was stung off a wasp and was put into a coma! Woke up convinced it was a message and now anytime death from above comes near I run screaming like a girl!

You need one of these... post-25326-0-11378600-1474237432_thumb.jpeg

It should have been ten

I know of someone that actually happened to. She was stung in the head by a wasp and went into a coma. She was in it for a while without any improvement and the family had to make the decision to switch off the life support machine. Just shows what a bad reaction to an insect sting can do. So sad.

luckyBatistuta

I know of someone that actually happened to. She was stung in the head by a wasp and went into a coma. She was in it for a while without any improvement and the family had to make the decision to switch off the life support machine. Just shows what a bad reaction to an insect sting can do. So sad.

Christ, is that true. Last summer on the golf course, if I remember right... I had 9 of them stuck in me and had to get my mate to pull them all out. One of them got me in the edge of my eye. That's awful mate.

It should have been ten

Christ, is that true. Last summer on the golf course, if I remember right... I had 9 of them stuck in me and had to get my mate to pull them all out. One of them got me in the edge of my eye. That's awful mate.

Yes totally true. The woman was the wife of an ex Charlton Athletic chairman I knew. They were having a barbecue in the garden when she was stung.

Wow that's scary, 9 stuck in you and stung near the eye too! I'm fortunate to have never been stung by a wasp or bee as yet. My son is 14, been stung twice and said it was really sore. For some reason I'm not too bothered if they come near me.....spiders on the other hand is another story. The big house spiders actually terrify me.

luckyBatistuta

Yes totally true. The woman was the wife of an ex Charlton Athletic chairman I knew. They were having a barbecue in the garden when she was stung.

Wow that's scary, 9 stuck in you and stung near the eye too! I'm fortunate to have never been stung by a wasp or bee as yet. My son is 14, been stung twice and said it was really sore. For some reason I'm not too bothered if they come near me.....spiders on the other hand is another story. The big house spiders actually terrify me.

Ever since that happened to me, they always seem to go for me now, instead of everyone that I'm with. Everybody starts panicking, but I don't worry about them any more, maybe should be, after reading your post mate. I'm the same as you with spiders though, terrified of them too :lol:

It should have been ten

Ever since that happened to me, they always seem to go for me now, instead of everyone that I'm with. Everybody starts panicking, but I don't worry about them any more, maybe should be, after reading your post mate. I'm the same as you with spiders though, terrified of them too :lol:

They must be drawn to to some people more than others mate. The states some folk get on when a wasp or bee comes near them though haha, screaming and their arms flapping about like mad.

Oh aye the huge house spiders are out of order though. Just appear hairing across the floor towards you, no need for it. I swear they're getting bigger every year. I read they disappear around mid October, roll on then! :lol:

You need one of these... attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

:wtf: I'll just get a set of chopsticks whilst I'm at it and catch them with my free hand :lol: I'd be in the Olympics if I could hit them with that :lol:

That's truly brutal bud. However this just means I'll run even faster now!

Stung on the finger by a wasp last week, 10 mins of pain then nothing, no warning from the wee coward

as he aimed his erse towards me, hope he enjoyed the cold last night.

Malcolm Tucker

I've been stung by bees, wasps and a hornet once as well.

Bees I don't mind, seem generally sound have a decent job as well. Wasps and hornets on the other hand should be shot into the fiery surface of the sun.

I stayed in an attic room once and there was a wasps nest lurking behind a wall. Woke up and one of them was sitting on my moustache eyeballing me, so I punched **** out of it. Unfortunately I also gave myself a fat lip. It never stung me though, and now it's dead. So I'm the real winner.

Wee cvnts.

If the stinger is left behind then the culprit was a bee. If no stinger then it was a wasp. Wasp can and do sting multiple times where as bees can only sting once which ultimately ends up killing them. The bees stinger has a barb on it which hold the stinger in place after the bee retracts. As the bee pulls away the stinger is detached from the abdomen along with the venom sack attached. The sack continues to pump venom into the victim long after the bee has gone. The best way to deal with bee stings is to carefully remove the stinger without squeezing the sack or more venom will enter the body. A pair of tweezers works best. Then treat with soapy water. Wasp stings are best dealt with plain soap water and then ice to keep swelling down. 

A bee stung me on the arse last year! Through clothing though so not too painful - my kids thought it was hilarious. Bees are cool but wasps and hornets can get to ****.

Stewie Griffin

Was night shift last night and have just been woken up by one of the little ***** stinging me in the hand .

Took great pleasure in killing it

Archived