'Tolerance', Merkel style

elvoys

The hijab is a symbol of Islam?s misogyny. In my opinion, it is no different than a slave walking behind her master. If a woman likes it, I think it is simply because she is indoctrinated in Islam and is not aware of what freedom would mean if she actually had freedom. Wind blowing in her hair. Feeling more comfortable in hot weather. Not enduring FGM. Anyway, when I see a woman gladly wearing a hijab in the UK, I think about women in the Middle East who want freedom, who would prefer not to wear one, who are being beaten by the modesty police or being thrown in jail. It is a ridiculous religious garment and creates unnecessary division in a world that is already divided.

The hijab is a symbol of Islam?s misogyny. In my opinion, it is no different than a slave walking behind her master. If a woman likes it, I think it is simply because she is indoctrinated in Islam and is not aware of what freedom would mean if she actually had freedom. Wind blowing in her hair. Feeling more comfortable in hot weather. Not enduring FGM. Anyway, when I see a woman gladly wearing a hijab in the UK, I think about women in the Middle East who want freedom, who would prefer not to wear one, who are being beaten by the modesty police or being thrown in jail. It is a ridiculous religious garment and creates unnecessary division in a world that is already divided.

Agreed and very well put. I don't have racist or xenophobic bone in my body. When I see a niqab, I feel angry and feel sorry for the woman who are forced to or have been indoctrinated into wearing them. It is a symbol of female repression.

I really don't get the issue people have with it over here. Sure, in ISIS country it's oppression. Over here, it's mainly worn through choice. If some woman wants to wear it, let her.

You see old photos of muslin ladies in countries like Iran and Afghanistan where they are free and dressed in swimsuits etc.

Now they all look so unhappy if you actually see a face, and they do all look like downtrodden slaves and 2nd class citizens.

Cant understand why Sturgeon, Dugdale and Davidson never speak out to condemn it.

They are all for equality for women, unless it is for Muslim women.

You see old photos of muslin ladies in countries like Iran and Afghanistan where they are free and dressed in swimsuits etc.

Now they all look so unhappy if you actually see a face, and they do all look like downtrodden slaves and 2nd class citizens.

Cant understand why Sturgeon, Dugdale and Davidson never speak out to condemn it.

They are all for equality for women, unless it is for Muslim women.

Yeah the germans have always been known for their tolerance and their humour.

I really don't get the issue people have with it over here. Sure, in ISIS country it's oppression. Over here, it's mainly worn through choice. If some woman wants to wear it, let her.

you believe thats the case ?

Unfortunately people like Cade are exactly what is wrong with the left at the moment.

Good post and very true.

Why do these tolerance drives always seem to be a one way thing? Can't really see some bearded Muslim with a big glass of lager in his hand saying "enjoy difference, be tolerant"

Daydream Believer

I would probably rather wear an item of religious clothing every day than give up beer, or pork or get out of bed every Sunday to listen to fairy stories.

The big problem is religion in general and the insidious way it convinces people to do illogical things without thinking for themselves.

Hopefully humans will abandon all religions over the next couple of hundred years and look back on this time in the same way we look back at witch trials, phrenology and all that other primitive nonsense that people once believed in.

Seymour M Hersh

Very well put. Islam is stuck in the middle ages with regard to so many things. 

Yup. There's various articles out there by women who state that's the case. Here's one of them...

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/i-wear-the-niqab-let-me-speak-on-my-own-behalf-8824243.html

I can assure you if hundreds millions of women were forced to wear a metal chastity belt, you would have a proportion that would say it was out of their own volition. It would be a bit more uncomfortable than a black robe in the desert albeit, but exactly the same principle. And you can believe anything if you are surrounded by like minded people and you repeatedly  feel the need to affirm your identity to yourself. 

It is quite clear how long the rot had set in at the Indy before it went bust with awful pieces like that. Her woeful and all to common logic is part of the problem.. She uses the embarrassing phrase 'it is liberating'. From what exactly? The male gaze of course. This is part of the the reason why so many  pathetic white middle class  feminists don't get engaged in the major issue facing women of our time as they have been told  it puts women on a similar level of respect as men. ' And of course, IS, Taliban, Lakshar e Taiba et al all use the same engaging logic. But this is a fabricated reason to deflect criticism. The real reason is scripture wise, basically about erasing women's physical or sexual existence from the planet outside of her male sexual controller. That is it. . 

She's a complete fool who aside from the previous nonsense struggles to criticize lovely Iran and Saudi where it is 'somewhat mandated' but then rails against 'militant secularism' of France. Again, what? 

It does however illustrate part of the problem. Too many live and let live liberals have been tricked by people like her into making it seem that this is an organic expression of religion. And of course to such hand-wringers, anything that signifies 'diversity' is a strength. But the reality is that it isn't It is part of the growing  fundamentalising  of the faith, funded by KSA petro dollars in the past quarter decade that has actually  eroded or marginalised  much of the nuances and tolerance in the religion such as Sufism, the Ahmaddiya and just as significantly, the diversity in Muslim women's physical identity. This montage sums it up pretty well.

axjzx4D_700b.jpg

The guy convicted yesterday in Rochdale, for hammer  killing the old faith healer iman, just like the Glasgow shopkeeper killer and just like this educated fool of a woman, are part of this cannibalistic, 'not muslim enough' trend and it is really troubling when liberal idiots like those behind the ad in Germany kowtow to it as it is certainly not about 'liberating' anyone in the sense we know it.

I never knew we had so many committed feminists on JKB

:rofl:

Oh the pathetic comeback of the left thinking they have the monopoly on caring about women. I would love to hear your 'progressive' views on FGM.

zoltan socrates

Oh the pathetic comeback of the left thinking they have the monopoly on caring about women. I would love to hear your 'progressive' views on FGM.

Sssh youll find hes probably looking for a guardian article on how climate change is racist, guffaw!

FGM is a disgusting practise that should be banned worldwide.

Forcing women to wear anything against their will is a disgusting act that should be banned worldwide.

It's pathetic that you lot are using a feminist angle to carry on your bigoted hatred of all things Islam.

zoltan socrates

Forcing women to wear anything against their will is a disgusting act that should be banned worldwide.

It's pathetic that you lot are using a feminist angle to carry on your bigoted hatred of all things Islam.

No, what is pathetic is the refusal to recognise there is a problem and have the ability to discuss it without resorting to labelling those you are in discussion with

A bigoted hatred of islam implies that there is no knowledge and that the conclusion is made based on skin colour, or that they smell or some other garbage, people have looked into and researched the subject heavily and made their conclusions as a result, but as usual, when the left have their backs against the wall, defending the indefensible, out comes rhe name calling and, at worst, running off to the moderators, THAT is what is pathetic

No, what is pathetic is the refusal to recognise there is a problem and have the ability to discuss it without resorting to labelling those you are in discussion with

A bigoted hatred of islam implies that there is no knowledge and that the conclusion is made based on skin colour, or that they smell or some other garbage, people have looked into and researched the subject heavily and made their conclusions as a result, but as usual, when the left have their backs against the wall, defending the indefensible, out comes rhe name calling and, at worst, running off to the moderators, THAT is what is pathetic

Cades posts are actually the definition of bigotry.

zoltan socrates

Cades posts are actually the definition of bigotry.

I enjoy his posts sometimes, without wanting to patronise him or others of similar posting ilk

Clearly from an opposite political standpoint to my own but i like reading those viewpoints as you can either pick them apart logically or concede that they may be right, on the very odd occasion ofc

It allows you to see beyond your own view point and can be a learning experience that can only benefit you as you see more of the argument

Unf the leftist types have an inability to do the same and when in a corner or unable to debate in an informed manner rathervthan empathise with the opposing view they shout racist/bigot/gayophobe/hobbit ....because that generally destroys debate before they get exposed and they get to feel, incorrectly, superior, and that kind of attitude is why germany, france and ourselves have very serious problems surfacing

I enjoy his posts sometimes, without wanting to patronise him or others of similar posting ilk

Clearly from an opposite political standpoint to my own but i like reading those viewpoints as you can either pick them apart logically or concede that they may be right, on the very odd occasion ofc

It allows you to see beyond your own view point and can be a learning experience that can only benefit you as you see more of the argument

Unf the leftist types have an inability to do the same and when in a corner or unable to debate in an informed manner rathervthan empathise with the opposing view they shout racist/bigot/gayophobe/hobbit ....because that generally destroys debate before they get exposed and they get to feel, incorrectly, superior, and that kind of attitude is why germany, france and ourselves have very serious problems surfacing

Its annoying as there are those from a muslim background that are fighting to be heard.

They dont want backwards fascists in their midst as much as we dont and are pilloried in much the same way.

Governor Tarkin

I hate Islam because I'm a bigot.

No need for any feminist angle here.

It's also the self-absorption and self-hatred that leads many of the same people to conclude that letting people rot under dictatorships is fine. They just don't want the hassle or chaos.

Archived