• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts Heritage

• martoon

• Morgan

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think we knew at the time given where he was from and who he'd played for previously, but it was nice to know years after that Jimmy Bone actually grew up a Hearts supporter. :)

That was a brilliant game, first league derby for many years and set the tone for the all the years onwards. Robbo's first was beautiful. I was in the shed that day. great memories.

Maroon Sailor

One thing about that Gilzean advert ref Ally Brazil - he called it a pass-back where nowadays it's called a back-pass. I thought I rembered it as being called a pass-back when I grew up. Happy for Gilzean to confirm this

Ally Brazil - good young Jambo fae Currie !

Fxxx the SPFL

One thing about that Gilzean advert ref Ally Brazil - he called it a pass-back where nowadays it's called a back-pass. I thought I rembered it as being called a pass-back when I grew up. Happy for Gilzean to confirm this

Ally Brazil - good young Jambo fae Currie !

I'm sure back in the notorious gang days that after an altercation between a Gorgie lad who got duffed up by a few Cuurie boys the Gorgie Jungle set off from White Park on a number 44 up to Currie and gave YCAB a bit of a doing, the rumour afterwards was that Ally Brazil got a kicking. No pavement dancing in those days. Having said that it could have been a lot of bollocks

Maroon Sailor

I'm sure back in the notorious gang days that after an altercation between a Gorgie lad who got duffed up by a few Cuurie boys the Gorgie Jungle set off from White Park on a number 44 up to Currie and gave YCAB a bit of a doing, the rumour afterwards was that Ally Brazil got a kicking. No pavement dancing in those days. Having said that it could have been a lot of bollocks

Don't think it would have taken much to give Ally a doing !

Nice bloke - works for Lothian Buses and apparently alright with the Benny banter

My now wife`s first football match and then down to Antigua Street for a curry then a 1.5 litre bottle of either Hock or some German wind, dem days :) 

Fantastic day.

Probably have more memories from that afternoon than the rest of 1983 combined.

From that day to this "the 3-2 game" is one of the most famous and cherished in our history.

YAAAAAS

HillmanHearts

My memory must be playing tricks - I thought the Robbo screamer was outside the box but one of these papers say he was inside !

Real shame there is no footage of that game. 

My favourite league match ever.

Jimmy Bone hanging in the air for the winner - crowd goes ballistic !

What a day !

The Legend was born !

My memory must be playing tricks - I thought the Robbo screamer was outside the box but one of these papers say he was inside !

Real shame there is no footage of that game.

My favourite league match ever.

Jimmy Bone hanging in the air for the winner - crowd goes ballistic !

What a day !

The Legend was born !

I thought it was outside the box as well.

Hearts Heritage

The words of the man himself.

http://londonhearts.com/scores/fpage/hearts3hibs2-1983.htm

1st goal

"Without doubt my best derby goal and the added bonus of being my first ever premier league goal.
    It was a long kick from Henry Smith that I was lucky enough to take down in one touch over my right shoulder.
    I managed to turn inside Arthur Duncan by nut megging him and was then faced with Jackie MacNamara (snr) I slipped it through his legs too and then thought I would try and curl it left footed towards the far top corner where to my and Hearts fans delight it floated in just clipping the underside of the bar en route.
    The next minute or so was and still is a blur as I went mental!!!!"

Back from Majorca at half nine in the morning hame changed in the pub for twelve another session that now i couldn't handle and along to watch a GOD being born HAPPY DAYS 

I was 15 at the time and had endured a '70's childhood of derby misery, but it's the reaction of older fans in the shed that I remember most fondly. A mixture of joy, relief and disbelief that we'd beaten them, particularly after being behind twice.

It felt, even at the time, the game changer it turned out to be.

FTH

Probably my favourite Derby victory as well, after the previous couple of decades and having a miserable derby record against them, the start of a glorious 30 odd year period of utter dominance over them, it felt great and still does.

The White Cockade

My favourite Derby game as well

Robbo's unbelievable goal and Jimmy Bone's brilliant header to win it

Never known scenes like it after the winner - ended up miles away from my mates with my specs

bouncing off and never to be seen again - well I did find them after the game in a million pieces!

Always in with a shout when they had Rough and Benny in the team!

I was 15 at the time and had endured a '70's childhood of derby misery, but it's the reaction of older fans in the shed that I remember most fondly. A mixture of joy, relief and disbelief that we'd beaten them, particularly after being behind twice.

It felt, even at the time, the game changer it turned out to be.

FTH

Had a fantastic time in the shed that day and it was the time when things changed in terms of derby dominance

Plenty of lean years in my early life watching derby matches and terrible ribbings at school but after that the tide turned...........oh and it confirmed everything we had thought in the first division...we had found a striker and an excellent one at that

Had a fantastic time in the shed that day and it was the time when things changed in terms of derby dominance

Plenty of lean years in my early life watching derby matches and terrible ribbings at school but after that the tide turned...........oh and it confirmed everything we had thought in the first division...we had found a striker and an excellent one at that

Spot on, bud.

Robbo had iconic status by the time he scored twice at Boghead to clinch promotion in May '83.

Legendary status was just a few months away.

One of my best memories of Tynie - shed went mental at the time, not that it ever needed much encouragement - what a brilliant, brilliant day ;)    

Hearts Heritage

Legendary status was just a few months away.

If He had been successful at Newcastle and NOT returned to Hearts. His career would have ended on 129 goals and 9 vs Hibs.

That would have placed him 11th on the all time list and 16th on list of scorers vs Hibs. Just behind Willie Wallace on both lists.

Thankfully he came back.

John mcCartney

fantastic to see the shed in that pic there,i was at the base of the floodlight at the edge
probably my biggest derby i had been to at that time....east of scotland shield at fester was previous to that one
big crowd at tynecastle and iirc the sun was out as well......
the goals tho,oh my

burned into the memory

thank you james,thank you john

Pasquale Bruno

What was the crowd that day?

Cant see it in the news clippings.

Notice only two subs in the line ups too.

They were the days.

Edited by Pasquale Bruno

John mcCartney

says 20,000 back there

im sure there was more than that....lochend had a good support that day,and tynecastle was rammed
so how 20,000......reckon bout 26 meself

• 11 months later...

Bump.

A pivotal game in the history of the Edinburgh derby.

Despite Hibs' dominance in the '70's Hearts were still miles ahead in competitive derby wins, 82-56 (not inc WW2 league games), but from 3/9/83 we really put the boot down on the Hibby throat.

2 Robbo equalizers then Jimmy Bone's winner set the tone for 3 decades of dominance. 56-26 in our favour since, 138-82 in total, in the most ludicrously one-sided derby of its kind.

Remember, remember the 3rd of September.

3-2.

FTH.

It wasn't just the arrival of Robbo, it was the start of the winning era against them.

Anyways liked Jimmy Bone. Robbo used to stay close and feed off the knock downs, just like he did with Sandy Clark.

Neilson's Shank

Fantastic day, wee doubt when they went 1-2 up but the last period was special. Knew Robbo would be unbelievable and he proved it another 25 times.