Paterson Wigan Bid Rejected / Blackburn Rovers Interested?

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot

Patterson is off.

Anything above ?1.5m and he's away, hopefully an English club throws ?3m or so at him, pocket change down there.

Patterson is off.

Anything above ?1.5m and he's away, hopefully an English club throws ?3m or so at him, pocket change down there.

That's the stand nearly paid for then.

August Landmesser

I think everyone assumes Paterson will be away sooner rather than later, so I've no problem with Robbie letting clubs know that they'll have to pay to get him.

The Billy King comments seem fair enough too, send him on loan for a year so he gets up to Premiership speed, get him back for 6 months to have a look at him and make a decision. If it turns out he's not good enough for us then he's under contract and anyone who wants him will have to fling us a few bob.

Hearts players on loan to Inverness won't go for a few bob. A few pennies if anything.

Patterson is off.

1.5 million?? We won't get anywhere near that. It's not China he's going to.

We will accept 750 but as it stands no takers

We will accept 750 but as it stands no takers

Even that's ambitious, He can sign a pre contract in 4 months. No club with any brains would part with 750k for a player they can get for 100k in

January.

The Treasurer

It sounds to me like Paterson has had his head turned.

I've no problem with him, or any other player, wanting to move on, but it would be good if he remembered that the club gave him the chance and spent time and money to get him into that position.

As for King, I'm sure Hearts think there is a player there (which I agree with) but he needs to develop a bit more before he's a regular.

If he manages that at ICT this season then it will be like a new signing next year, if not, then we've not lost out and he'll move on 

It sounds to me like Paterson has had his head turned.

I've no problem with him, or any other player, wanting to move on, but it would be good if he remembered that the club gave him the chance and spent time and money to get him into that position.

As for King, I'm sure Hearts think there is a player there (which I agree with) but he needs to develop a bit more before he's a regular.

If he manages that at ICT this season then it will be like a new signing next year, if not, then we've not lost out and he'll move on

So you've no problem with Paterson wanting a move but at the same time to remember we gave him his chance and have been good to him?

Wtf are you actually trying to say here?

Bambo Badonde

Will we not be due a decent development fee for him if he decides to leave at the end of the season?

I'm not so sure there is a club in for him at the moment...more to do with contract extension talks stalled, akthough that could be because there has been unofficial chat with his agent perhaps.  Seems like Patterson will see what's what in January.

In the meantime if a club were to offer a substantial amount, we'd do business with them.

I would play Smith instead of him. He will only develop with game time and play someone who wants to stay.

I'm not so sure there is a club in for him at the moment...more to do with contract extension talks stalled, akthough that could be because there has been unofficial chat with his agent perhaps. Seems like Patterson will see what's what in January.

In the meantime if a club were to offer a substantial amount, we'd do business with them.

His contract discussions stalled over a year ago.

A seven figure sum would be incredible. Just hope he makes the right move and NOT move to Glasgow.

Cheerio Callum and thanks for the memories over the last few years. It was a pleasure watching you.

Bazzas right boot

Depends if there is a couple of clubs want him, and more to the piont if they want him now.

If there's little interest, then you figure will be closer, if there is interest my figure will be closer.

At bids around ?750k, we might be tempted to keep him, anything nearer ?1.5m and Hearts will launch him.

Harvey Specter

It certainly looks like Callum will be away sooner rather than later. I have no issue with that if he has aspirations of playing down South in the English Premier League, I'd like to think his ambition will steer him well clear of Glasgow. 

Callum has been a good servant and an important player for Hearts but with his potential he was never going to be here forever. Step up Liam Smith.

Sooner he's away the better now imo. Could have signed a deal with a minimum fee to leave on better money with us.

Patterson is off.

I would be amazed if we got anything like that for him especially as he is in his last season.

You can take it after Robbie's comments that we will do the exact opposite and he'll be off shortly for a minimal fee.

Greg Stewart off to Birmingham for ?500k in a similar contract position!!!!

I would play Smith instead of him. He will only develop with game time and play someone who wants to stay.

Good job Uncle Vlad is gone otherwise CP

would be at risk of a nasty dose of flu.

Westendjambo

Personally I'd push the boat out a little bit to keep hold a Callum as if we are to challenge for the top two places in the league, then it's players like this we need to keep. His attitude on the park at the moment tells me he's not enjoying his football just now. Is this just me that thinks this?

As for Billy. I think Neilson regrets sending him out on loan. We've got nothing else out on the wings if walker it Nicholson gets injured. Only thing I can think of is that with king being put out on loan it's probably freed up a couple of quid to put to Tony watts wage

Personally I'd push the boat out a little bit to keep hold a Callum as if we are to challenge for the top two places in the league, then it's players like this we need to keep. His attitude on the park at the moment tells me he's not enjoying his football just now. Is this just me that thinks this?

As for Billy. I think Neilson regrets sending him out on loan. We've got nothing else out on the wings if walker it Nicholson gets injured. Only thing I can think of is that with king being put out on loan it's probably freed up a couple of quid to put to Tony watts wage

We can push the boat out all we want, Callum doesn't want to stay and same applies to Sam.

Paterson should do the decent thing, sign a contract with a "release clause", a wee  bit of loyalty would be nice!

....................not holding breath!

He will leave on a free at the end of his contract or in January for slightly more than the development fee we would be due.Depressing really.

Touch like an elephant, then proceeds to blame whoever passed the ball his way.

Don't like the guy and doesn't surprise me he has no interest in helping the club that gave him his chance and put him in the position he's now in.

Dick.

Clerry Jambo

He will leave on a free at the end of his contract or in January for slightly more than the development fee we would be due.Depressing really.

My thoughts also

Jambof3tornado

Paterson should do the decent thing, sign a contract with a "release clause", a wee bit of loyalty would be nice!

....................not holding breath!

This. If he is as good as he thinks he is he gets a move and the club that launched his career get some cash.

I'd never question CPs commitment as he loves Hearts and it's one of his strongest attributes but at times it looks like he goes through waves of feeling up for it , then not so much during matches just now

I noticed at the weekend at an early chance for Aberdeen he got skinned but never made any attempt to work back...then he's up the other end trying to win headers in the box with intent.

I don't know if sub-consciously he's affected by knowing he's away and murmurs of not getting on so well with RN has left him feeling a bit in limbo.

In turn, Hearts are not going to stop playing a player they'd like to cash in on and lose out if they gave him the cold treatment.

How much for nicholson who is in same situation ? Why is he not mentioned in article? What about Ozturk

On current form Sam will be lucky to extend his stay with us and I'm a big fan of his when he's on form but he's far too inconsistent to play regularly. I hope and wish he sorts this out and extends his stay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think he'll be a Celtic player by 1st September. Nothing more than a nagging feeling I have.

I don't think he would get a game there, so you may be right. He's an athlete but really isn't that good a player. Not as good as he thinks anyway. 

I don't think he would get a game there, so you may be right. He's an athlete but really isn't that good a player. Not as good as he thinks anyway.

Bang on, had every physical attribute needed but he's not technically as good as he needs to be.

Clerry Jambo

I know I keep banging on about the lad, but Tierney at Celtic is a terrific player, good defensively and creates going forward, that's what Paterson and anyone else for that matter should be aspiring to at that age

The Treasurer

So you've no problem with Paterson wanting a move but at the same time to remember we gave him his chance and have been good to him?

Wtf are you actually trying to say here?

Quite simple.

If he's planning on moving then I'd like to think he'd try and ensure the club that gave him that opportunity, by investing time and money in his development, got a decent return for that investment.

He can do this by either leaving now (if a suitable offer comes in) or sign a new deal and wait until the right offer does arrive.

By just seeing out his contract it would mean he could walk away leaving the club with nothing.

By "right" offer, I mean one that he is happy with and also gives the club a decent transfer fee.

Bazzas right boot

On current form Sam will be lucky to extend his stay with us and I'm a big fan of his when he's on form but he's far too inconsistent to play regularly. I hope and wish he sorts this out and extends his stay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think this is poor management, king going on loan hasn't helped Sam.

These two should be rotating depending on form. Sam plays a few, form drops, king should come in and vice versa, with no options he is forced to play even when off form.

Not great, both would probably get about 20 games each, as well as giving us an option from the bench.

We need better than King and Sam. Both are not good enough at the moment. I would put Sam out on loan as well. 

I know I keep banging on about the lad, but Tierney at Celtic is a terrific player, good defensively and creates going forward, that's what Paterson and anyone else for that matter should be aspiring to at that age

Liam Smith will be that player.

IMO Smith will be twice the player Paterson is. Smith can defend for starters and, for someone so young, he looks very assured (last week at Pittodrie he was fantastic playing LB).

We won't miss Paterson when he leaves.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I genuinely believe we should do business with Celtic here. Christie or Henderson would be assets for us.I'm not going to be childish, I think we will miss Calum but if there is a deal to be done I personally would trade

chester copperpot

I think he'll be a Celtic player by 1st September. Nothing more than a nagging feeling I have.

Nope.

Now that Shellick are keeping Lustig they have dropped their interest in Callum

Although I believe Rodgers regarded him of more of an attacking threat than Neilson does

Can't see us getting true value for Paterson because of his contract situation. If he's still here when the window closes we might not get anything at all.

Quite simple.

If he's planning on moving then I'd like to think he'd try and ensure the club that gave him that opportunity, by investing time and money in his development, got a decent return for that investment.

He can do this by either leaving now (if a suitable offer comes in) or sign a new deal and wait until the right offer does arrive.

By just seeing out his contract it would mean he could walk away leaving the club with nothing.

By "right" offer, I mean one that he is happy with and also gives the club a decent transfer fee.

What loyalty is there in football now?

Very rarely will a player show to a club nowadays and vice versa, it's all about money.

Would you show loyalty to your work if a rival firm were quadrupling your wages?

Answer honestly.

Archived