?89m for Pogba

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Good piece of business

Let him go for a million and buy him back for 89 million

Michael_Jackson

Manchester United needed to buy star players to ensure continued commercial success off the pitch. I  don't even think they're done yet. As a neutral I'm looking forward to seeing both him and Zlatan in the EPL, as I'm sure billions of others are.

Billy Walsh

Is he worth ?89m? Probably not. Can Man Utd afford it? Easily. Do they need him? Yes.

Good signing I reckon.

black stump

The money is crazy, but Man U can afford it and will recoup loads of it in shirt sales etc.

Will be interesting to see how much of a success he is....

KineticBeat

Their midfield has been lacking something for ages and he has the ability to change that. It is an obsene amount of money and he probably isn't worth it but if he is a moderate success he will make that back in shirt sales alone no doubt.

Manchester United needed to buy star players to ensure continued commercial success off the pitch. I don't even think they're done yet. As a neutral I'm looking forward to seeing both him and Zlatan in the EPL, as I'm sure billions of others are.

I'm not. Perverse amount of money to spend hope it goes tits up for Man U and Jose.

13950940_1792397177712157_72391932_o.jpg

Haha , surely a wind up . Sir Alex and scholes making prank calls to laugh at a player ??

doctor jambo

Its a bargain when city are about to pay ?49 million for Stones

?20 million in the EPL buys a reasonable player, ?12-14 million  buys a striker in the Championship

I'm not. Perverse amount of money to spend hope it goes tits up for Man U and Jose.

It is , but it's not the transfer fees that bother me. The wages these guys pick up disgusts me !

It is , but it's not the transfer fees that bother me. The wages these guys pick up disgusts me !

Don't get me started, he could flop and still be sold on for a tidy sum.

The Internet

we_are_the_hearts, could you kindly post the source article for that quote?

Unless it's The Onion, there will be no source article for that quote. 

Stephane Grappelli

More importantly, should we be putting him in our Fantasy Football teams? I'm thinking he could be one of those players who's brilliant in real life but not as valuable in Fantasy Football because he doesn't chip in with enough goals or assists.

Time will tell I suppose, time will tell.

Michael_Jackson

More importantly, should we be putting him in our Fantasy Football teams? I'm thinking he could be one of those players who's brilliant in real life but not as valuable in Fantasy Football because he doesn't chip in with enough goals or assists.

Time will tell I suppose, time will tell.

8 goals and 13 assists last year in a poorer league. Not worth the cash on FF IMO. 

Stephane Grappelli

8 goals and 13 assists last year in a poorer league. Not worth the cash on FF IMO.

I'm thinking the same chief.

Don't wish any injury or anything of the sort on the guy - but I really hope he flops. Football NEEDS a record breaking transfer to quickly backfire - there's no other way to stop this madness.

Look also at John Stones - ?47m??

Look at other EPL-to_EPL transfers..

Mane to Liverpool was ?34m - Stones has just gone for ?13m MORE!

Okay he was rubbish but Benteke, a striker, went a year ago for ?32m or thereabouts

I can't believe in a single year the price of a defender that didn't even make the team in the Euros - has hit ?47m the inflated prices in 12 months is absurd!

With Jose, Ibra and Pogba, they're going to stroll the league. Great signing.

Michael_Jackson

Don't wish any injury or anything of the sort on the guy - but I really hope he flops. Football NEEDS a record breaking transfer to quickly backfire - there's no other way to stop this madness.

Injuries won't have severe financial effect barring any loss in prize money through poorer team performances. All the top clubs insure their top players against severe injury.

rudi must stay

Dominates the middle for them, every single match. Fellaini is better than people think too, very strong team now

I agree Uncle, plus I think there will be one more massive signing.

The Future's Maroon

I think we all agree the money in the game has gone too far, but as long as the clubs are given it from Sky/sponsors etc they will continue to spend it.

I know ?89m seems ridiculous but if you look at it another way, say he is on a four-year deal....its just over ?20m per season, which as mentioned is pennies to a club the size of Man Utd, hell Leicester could probably afford that.

Then there is the wages, which I have not seen what he is on...and as someone mentioned they are even worse.

I will say though, looking forward to seeing him in a Man Ud shirt again. I won't go along with what some are saying (that due to Jose, Pogba and Ibra) about them strolling the league....I think this year could be the best/closest title race in years with more than just two clubs fighting it out.

I agree Uncle, plus I think there will be one more massive signing.

Who you thinking, Morgan? There was a lot of rumours about Gareth Bale at the start of summer. Seems to have gone quiet.

Rudolf's Mate

Look also at John Stones - ?47m??

Look at other EPL-to_EPL transfers..

Mane to Liverpool was ?34m - Stones has just gone for ?13m MORE!

Okay he was rubbish but Benteke, a striker, went a year ago for ?32m or thereabouts

I can't believe in a single year the price of a defender that didn't even make the team in the Euros - has hit ?47m the inflated prices in 12 months is absurd!

It is ridiculous however when you see championship players going for over ?10m you start to think Pogba maybe is worth 7 or 8 times that.

Who you thinking, Morgan? There was a lot of rumours about Gareth Bale at the start of summer. Seems to have gone quiet.

Bale or Ronaldo came to my mind.

A wide player anyway.

Nookie Bear

Dominates the middle for them, every single match. Fellaini is better than people think too, very strong team now

Would not be hard because most people think he is absolute gash.

The Future's Maroon

On Fellaini (sp), I think he might actually be a big player this season for them, yes he has been utter murder in about 90% of his games for Utd....but, I think he will flourish if played beside Pogba.

Or, he may well be sold on to try ad recoup some cash, along with Bastian Schw......(not goin to bother trying to spell it).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Utd bring in another big signing....although I think Ronaldo or Bale is asking a bit much, imagine if they did get one though!

Injuries won't have severe financial effect barring any loss in prize money through poorer team performances. All the top clubs insure their top players against severe injury.

Yes but for me I couldn't care less if Manchester United suffer financially, I wouldn't wish him an injury simple because it's the decent human thing to not want to see a bloke suffering :)

Agree the club will always be covered.

Heartsmad1874

Pogba said in this interview in 2014 that Man Utd had disrespected him thats all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It is ridiculous however when you see championship players going for over ?10m you start to think Pogba maybe is worth 7 or 8 times that.

Yeah I can see why that side of the argument come up. Clubs nowadays play the 'if he's worth X my player is worh Y' far more and far too qucikly.

It'a actually amazing that Zidane went from Juve to Real for ?46,600,000 FIFTEEN years ago! then they dropped back till Ronaldo went to Real for ?80,000,000 SEVEN years ago.

Rudolf's Mate

Yeah I can see why that side of the argument come up. Clubs nowadays play the 'if he's worth X my player is worh Y' far more and far too qucikly.

It'a actually amazing that Zidane went from Juve to Real for ?46,600,000 FIFTEEN years ago! then they dropped back till Ronaldo went to Real for ?80,000,000 SEVEN years ago.

Yep, I agree the monies spent are obscene.

If he bosses games at Man U the way he did at Juve he'll be worth every penny. People pointing towards goal stats should know they don't give a true reflection.

Michael_Jackson

Yep, I agree the monies spent are obscene.

If he bosses games at Man U the way he did at Juve he'll be worth every penny. People pointing towards goal stats should know they don't give a true reflection.

People were only pointing to goal stats in the context of fantasy football tbf.

Rudolf's Mate

People were only pointing to goal stats in the context of fantasy football tbf.

I didn't realise that's what the 'FF' was in relation to :gok:

Michael_Jackson

On Fellaini (sp), I think he might actually be a big player this season for them, yes he has been utter murder in about 90% of his games for Utd....but, I think he will flourish if played beside Pogba.

Or, he may well be sold on to try ad recoup some cash, along with Bastian Schw......(not goin to bother trying to spell it).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Utd bring in another big signing....although I think Ronaldo or Bale is asking a bit much, imagine if they did get one though!

I think Valencia is going to have a good season. Can see him setting up Ibra fairly regularly.

Man Utd 'let him go' as much as any player with an agent that thinks they are better than anything they have done up to then.

Agent(s) seem to be helping United sign players now but it's a shady business.

Bazzas right boot

Might make top 4 if Leicester have a bad year.

Ibrahim Tall

The Pogba fee is obscene but atleast he is a genuine "World Class" player, ?47.5m for Stones on the other hand is disgusting. Nearly ?50m for a defender who can't defend. Mental sum of money.

Son Of Anarchy

I think he's selfish as in not a team player but plays for himself. Don't get me wrong, he's good but ?89m? I just can't get my head round these numbers.

Michael_Jackson

I think he's selfish as in not a team player but plays for himself. Don't get me wrong, he's good but ?89m? I just can't get my head round these numbers.

2:25 is a particular highlight :lol:

Jeez!  We could buy a first class squad consisting of 22 players for that, Win the league at a canter and still have change left.  Crazy!!

part_time_jambo

13950940_1792397177712157_72391932_o.jpg

Obviously not the brightest if he listened to someone laughing down the phone at him for 25 minutes. 

Archived