Jack Hamilton

glastonbury jambo

glastonbury jambo

I was worried about him early on and Robbie was screaming at him,

but he seemed to gain some composure as the game went on and had a few nice blocks and saves.

hope he comes good ...the game time should do wonders for him.

I was worried about him early on and Robbie was screaming at him,

but he seemed to gain some composure as the game went on and had a few nice blocks and saves.

hope he comes good ...the game time should do wonders for him.

Jings, a positive post.

BRAVEHEART1874

Not saying alexander would have done any better and not saying Noring would have done any better but i would not be happy with 2 goals and i would be telling the ref that armstrong was blocking his view wehter he was or not as what the hell was he doing so far past the defenders :(

When he gets a pass back he needs to kick it a bit quicker almost got caught a couple of times apart from that he was solid and made a couple of good saves.

Thought he looked shakey and nervous but your first game of the season & as no1 against sellik live on the telly, it's understandable. Hope he grows in confidence each game that passes as he will definately need to improve from what I witnessed today.

I was going to say I don't really rate him but I'll give him some time to settle in - undecided.

Radio claiming he played a blinder. They say he pulled of a number of really good saves.

Three good blocks I would say. My only doubt is I feel he has a few clangers in him this season as our number one, but if we stick with him then he will grow out of it with experience and as he gains confidence.

alicante jambo

If you look at the chances celtic had jack never had much to do.I like him i know a few on here dont but he will come good just needs a run of games.Seen it early on hes a bit nervous but thatll dissapear.

When he gets a pass back he needs to kick it a bit quicker almost got caught a couple of times apart from that he was solid and made a couple of good saves.

Heard the guys on the radio say he grass was quite long and it slowed the pace of the ball down....this maybe had something to do with it.

Apart from the 2 little scares he had a really good game. He should have protested more at the first goal....this will come with experience though.

He suffered from the instruction in the first half to play it short despite the number of opposition attackers covering the options, we need to be telling him if there is no safe short option, hit it long. In theory there will be more space ahead of the defence if 2 or 3 of their players are 20 yards from our goal.

I would like it if we mixed it up a bit to make us less predictable. 1st option to play it short and build from the back, 2nd option play it long and get in behind the opposition quick.

wattie exploited

i dont think he is anywhere as good as our past goalkeepers but hopefully he will get better and am not sure he is good enough just now would have been better to loan him out !!!!!!!!

Gene Parmesan

Great instinctive shot stopper.

Needs time to improve the other stuff though - particularly composure with the ball at his feet and his decision making at crossed balls (not saying it's totally bad, just he seems a little hesitant).

His kicking wasnt great yesterday but Alexander used to scare the shit out of me every time the ball went back to him. Jack is doing fine.

Thought Gordon looked more shaky than Hamilton. Some of the kicks from back passes by Gordon were awful, into the stands often.

Hamilton looked nervous early in the game but he got more composed as time went on and had a few great saves. He just needs time to settle. He wasn't at fault for either of their goals.

He's clearly got ability.

I think we just need to give him the game time to grow into the role. He won't have lost any confidence yesterday and he'll have learned plenty.

Experience is now essential for him and there's only one way he's going to get the right amount.

Not saying alexander would have done any better and not saying Noring would have done any better but i would not be happy with 2 goals and i would be telling the ref that armstrong was blocking his view wehter he was or not as what the hell was he doing so far past the defenders :(

Complaining about it wouldn't have changed the mind of the ref or the linesman.

Hamilton is a decent shot stopper, but he isn't commanding. I feel uncomfortable whenever a corner comes in.

The jury is still out for me.

Goose Baxter

He will improve as time goes on, he is still very young but if I would be critical of anything I would say that he needs to be more commanding of his area.

a few times yesterday the ball was in his 6 yard box and he was flat footed and didn't come for them

very early in his career but looks to be solid minus a few improvements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like it if we mixed it up a bit to make us less predictable. 1st option to play it short and build from the back, 2nd option play it long and get in behind the opposition quick.

We are incredibly predictable from the back, and opponents can over-commit players forward as a result.  If we take the long ball once in a while as a first option it at least keeps them honest.  That in turn gives us a better chance of making the short passing game work.

Thought Jack did well, no chance at either goal for me.  Closed down Griffiths in the first half to force a rushed shot that missed, and looked solid throughout. 

So Make Some Noise..

Poor with his feet early doors and should have done better with both goals in my opinion. Hope he gets a bit of confidence otherwise I can see Noring stepping in. 

Wind didn't help the keepers kicks yesterday, both keepers had the same issue. Also passbacks were bouncing so complaining about him volleying it out for a throw is a bit harsh.

Thought he made a very good reflex save at the Gorgie Road end when a shot deflected to his left and he was already shifting right. Potential there for a good keeper, just needs to learn not to dither too long as Griffiths was very quick to close him down. Had a good game anyway, not sure Alexander would have done anything about the goals yesterday and the first was even tougher with the man infront of him.

Michael_Jackson

Jacks distribution has been pretty poor in last games too. Shanking it right out for goal kicks under no pressure. Gordon had he same issue and I'm confident he can address it.

I've been thinking the same since I saw the highlights - surely he was offside, or have UEFA changed the rules again?

• 4 years later...
On 07/08/2016 at 17:12, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Not good enough for Hearts and will lose his starting place sooner rather than later.

he will be getting a sore back  Friday night getting the ball out the back of the net HHGH:robboyas:

Viktor Noring is now one of the keepers at Falkenberg FF in Sweden's top league after spells with Landskrona and Kalmar after leaving Hearts.