Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Салатные палочки

• chester copperpot

• iantjambo

Walter Payton

Wow. Just wow.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I presume Stokesy's post got deleted from some reason? My favourite post from the couple of pages I read from that thread was:

Oh,that Pokemon thing reminded me of one meetup,don't really know why.

Had a "date" with a reasonably nice and attractive middle aged woman,we hung out for about an hour,and made plans to meet at an upscale hotel the next weekend.

I get to the hotel,and text her,asking where to meet.

She tells me to go to one of the meeting rooms in the hotel,which is kind of strange,I thought we were getting dinner and a room,or that was my hope.

Anyway I go to the meeting room,and it's set up for an event,rows of chairs and a snack table in the back.

There are quite a few men,a few women,but she's nowhere to be found,but an announcement to be seated comes out.

So I sit in the back,waiting,hopefully she is around,but no text from her.

Then,boom ,she shows up,at the front of the room,with a microphone,and starts a spiel about investing.

It's a seminar on investment in real estate.

I sit there for a moment,wondering if I need to wait for her to finish,I lock eyes with her,trying to get some sort of sign what to do,but she works the room and doesn't give any indicator of knowing me.

After a few more minutes,I decided to leave.

I stood outside the room wondering what the deal was,and saw another guy walk out,but he was noticeably angry.

He was muttering how this was supposed to be a date,and that "she" set him up.

I was stunned,but still asked him if he meant the woman giving the seminar.

He did,and pretty much had a meet and greet earlier in the week the same as me.

So we weren't catfished but were misled .

:rofl:

Салатные палочки

I think the lying bit comes from me still having an active account on said website.  I dunno where she got the assumption that I would be deleting it.  

Absolute head-f**** birds. 

Riddley Walker

I think the lying bit comes from me still having an active account on said website. I dunno where she got the assumption that I would be deleting it.

Absolute head-***** birds.

Get rid ASAP..

mattyw_1874

I think the lying bit comes from me still having an active account on said website. I dunno where she got the assumption that I would be deleting it.

Damaged goods, her ex definitely cheated on her.

Салатные палочки

Damaged goods, her ex definitely cheated on her.

He did, she told me.  

The Old Tolbooth

Right, small development this morning. She sent me a message when I was sleeping last night so this morning I replied with some sh**t about being back at work today etc. I got this reply "dunno". Now I'm thinking, okay what is it I have done to warrant that response. So I replied "what's up" and she sent back "nothing, doesn't matter".

Now, my question is, do I reply further or do I just leave it as it is. Half of me wants to message back again but half of me is like, this is your chance to get out of this.

Bunny boiler mate, she's probably already got a voodoo doll of you made up and has the pins on order from Amazon as we speak, use it as an excuse to run for your life and enjoy your freedom!!

(I'm talking from experience) [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Up until her accusing you of being a liar, I'd have just advised doing the 'ignore her until she gets the hint' kinda thing. Been there, done that with online dating too many times to count, for the same reason as you.

But since she's acting up, now is time to explain to her exactly who was the one doing to deceiving....

She needs called out on her behaviour imo.

Ibrahim Tall

Up until her accusing you of being a liar, I'd have just advised doing the 'ignore her until she gets the hint' kinda thing. Been there, done that with online dating too many times to count, for the same reason as you.

But since she's acting up, now is time to explain to her exactly who was the one doing to deceiving....

She needs called out on her behaviour imo.

This.

Bale now before you get in too deep. Nothing good can come from starting a relationship of any kind with this fruitcake.

Edited by iantjambo

Салатные палочки

What pissed me off the most is when I saw her profile pic I thought "yeah, she is quite nice".  Appears now that in the FIVE years since its been taken, she has aged and "filled out" quite substantially.  

As David Brent said, they should be made to pose with a copy of today's newspaper.

Edited by Salad Fingers

Send her flowers and apologise for being a liar. Get round and eat her pie. Her steak pie i mean. Go to the loo when you're round and send her a picture of your boaby from her bathroom.

Obviously she's filled out!! She's been making random guys steak pie every weekend, cancelling then eating it herself!

What pissed me off the most is when I saw her profile pic I thought "yeah, she is quite nice".  Appears now that in the FIVE years since its been taken, she has aged and "filled out" quite substantially.  

As David Brent said, they should be made to pose with a copy of today's newspaper.

I went on a date with a lass like that once.  

Same MO with the old photos etc.  Shan.  Didin't have the heart to just get up and leave.

Send her flowers and apologise for being a liar. Get round and eat her pie. Her steak pie i mean. Go to the loo when you're round and send her a picture of your boaby from her bathroom.

Easy there Casanova :rofl:

Unless there is a dramatic turn of events I doubt this thread will fulfill its potential and make the classics, however it's been a good read.

What pissed me off the most is when I saw her profile pic I thought "yeah, she is quite nice". Appears now that in the FIVE years since its been taken, she has aged and "filled out" quite substantially.

Nominate her for the 22 press up challenge that makes you seethe so much :lol:

I could get you phone number for a burd in Nottingham if you want?!

A woman is like a rubics cube, once you solve one side you've still got 5 others to figure out!

On a side note if you like her banter but don't feel attracted to her why not just be honest and explain that, I get the impression that you'd like to actually meet her even if it's just as friends and that's not always a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Cut and paste this thread and send it to her.

She will then have the full story.

And also sign up for membership.

Салатные палочки

A woman is like a rubics cube, once you solve one side you've still got 5 others to figure out!

On a side note if you like her banter but don't feel attracted to her why not just be honest and explain that, I get the impression that you'd like to actually meet her even if it's just as friends and that's not always a bad thing.

She does have good banter and she is easy to talk to, which in my experience so far of online dating, that is rare.  She might be better in the flesh aye and a fake tan and nice hair/clothes etc makes a big difference.  I realise that makes me sound shallow but there has to be the physical attraction as well.  

Michael_Jackson

She does have good banter and she is easy to talk to, which in my experience so far of online dating, that is rare. She might be better in the flesh aye and a fake tan and nice hair/clothes etc makes a big difference. I realise that makes me sound shallow but there has to be the physical attraction as well.

Since like you've fallen for her...

She does have good banter and she is easy to talk to, which in my experience so far of online dating, that is rare. She might be better in the flesh aye and a fake tan and nice hair/clothes etc makes a big difference. I realise that makes me sound shallow but there has to be the physical attraction as well.

Not at all mate everyone needs that physical attraction, hell I look like I should be ringing a bell tower in France but I still want to feel a physical attraction with someone

The key here is how much the physical attraction means to you as in what % it makes up of the whole package, you seem like a 70% to 30% kinda guy

Edited by eduardo.j

It does but this is where online dating fails because you can't really tell how you feel until you've sat with them for an evening.

Салатные палочки

Trust me, that's what I don't want.  TBH I was pretty cut up when I finished with my ex and only decided to get into the online dating lark after moping about feeling sorry for myself for too long so right now I just want to get out on a few dates, have a bit of fun as you do.  Missed out on it in my 20's so that is the last thing I want.  

Online dating has 2 different types of people, whether it's male or female; those looking for love, those looking for their hole.

You will save yourself a lot of trouble by simply stating you are not looking for anything serious from the very beginning.

That way, you have an excellent 'out' if things end up like this and you get to avoid the ones that will take at least 10 dates and about ?1k spent on nights out before you even get to find out her bra size.

Granted, if you rely more on charm and wit to get girls into bed rather than looks, it may be a struggle to use this method, but it will work eventually and will guarantee you avoid situations like this.

Maroon Sailor

Bet her name's Harriet.

And a hard hearted harbinger of haggis

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

She makes a steak pie with added sausages and then cancels the date. So the whole pie is just sitting there in her house?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Obviously she's filled out!! She's been making random guys steak pie every weekend, cancelling then eating it herself!

ROFL!!

gashauskis9

You just won the Internet chief :pleasing:

Angry Haggis

Online dating has 2 different types of people, whether it's male or female; those looking for love, those looking for their hole.

You will save yourself a lot of trouble by simply stating you are not looking for anything serious from the very beginning.

That way, you have an excellent 'out' if things end up like this and you get to avoid the ones that will take at least 10 dates and about ?1k spent on nights out before you even get to find out her bra size.

Granted, if you rely more on charm and wit to get girls into bed rather than looks, it may be a struggle to use this method, but it will work eventually and will guarantee you avoid situations like this.

Finally.

Bombproof advice right there.

132goals1958

Geeze Oh -Dating has changed a lot since I was young. Thank feck for the palais of yesteryear.

I did the online dating thing for a while and failed miserably at it.

In my experience, most of the bursds on these sites are there for an ego boost more than anything else - not cos they actually want to date anyone, but more cos they want to tel their mates how many folk messaged them. A fair number of them don't even fill out a profile 'will fill in later' - but will still have an inbox full of thirsty guys based purely on a couple of pics.

I was on POF waaaaaaaay waaaaaaay back before it was popular / cool and back then you could just about count on a reply to every message you sent. These days? In my experience probably about 1% of the messages I sent got a reply in return.

Of course, that could be as a result of the fact i'm not exactly an image of what the perfect man would look like, or perhaps my patter is just rubbish - maybe both. Who knows.

Wouldn't waste my time with it these days.

Captain Lithuania

What's so bad about it?

I must admit, even although I'm 22 I don't think I could do it.

For me it would be the fear of people I know seeing me desperate enough to go online for a s#@g is just terrifying..!

For me it would be the fear of people I know seeing me desperate enough to go online for a s#@g is just terrifying..!

It's surely not like that anymore? Has it not become the norm with no stigma? I'd be all over it if I want married.

Maybe 10 years ago perhaps....... these days its fashionable.

I think of "on line dating" as the new "lonely hearts" pages in the paper, not sure it'd be my thing, rather chat up a fat bird in a pup!!

I think of "on line dating" as the new "lonely hearts" pages in the paper, not sure it'd be my thing, rather chat up a fat bird in a pup!!

Woof woof!

It's surely not like that anymore? Has it not become the norm with no stigma? I'd be all over it if I want married.

Haha. Can't edit this now. That should read "if I want married".

I missed out on the online thing and my Mrs won't let me do it now.