Ajax

stuartb864

Has anyone ever went over to watch Ajax was wondering how they went about getting tickets and if it was easy to get to the stadium.

Any help would be appreciated

Has anyone ever went over to watch Ajax was wondering how they went about getting tickets and if it was easy to get to the stadium.

Any help would be appreciated

Its very easy to get to from central Amsterdam Stuart as the metro goes directly to the Arena. You can also buy tickets from the Ajax website for most games nowadays, buying them is very similar to our site, there are only a few high cat games which need a club card ie Feyenoord, PSV etc. I have a club card so if you have any problems getting tickets let me know and I'll send you my number, its limited to 2 tickets but I'll find somebody else with a card if you need more. 

Went to see them last year v Caamburs. Went through Viagogo, tickets had already been used that night! Was able to buy cheaper tickets on the night and Viagogo refunded my money (they only pay the ticket seller when entry to stadium has been granted).

Found Ajax to be 'false' a lot of tourists in attendance. Would recommend Feyenoord (40mins by train) for proper football experience.

Ps a doddle to get to Amsterdam Arena

Thanks for the reply guys appreciated. I tried to message you roy but it says you can't receive any more messages?

I went to see an Ajax v feyenjord game last January. Got the ticket on viagogo. Took the metro from central station to the Amsterdam arena. It was an amazing experience.

Dave The Rave

Was in Amsterdam last week, did the stadium tour etc (was really good). From central or any other station get the 54 metro heading to Gein and get off at Bijlemer arena - it's a 2 minute walk from there. (About 20 mins metro ride from city centre)

allystrachan

Went to see them last year vs rosa. They won 6-0 or something like that. Can't believe how bad the atmosphere was. If you think tynie is quiet, you should go there.

The bars in the area around the stadium before it were amazing though. I'm sure we just bought tickets via the club. Heard you can buy them there fairly easy if it's not a big game. We wanted 16 together though so had to book in advance.

Went Ajax - PSV last October.

As everyone else mentions, get tickets from viagogo and very easy to get to stadium and back on metro.

Ricknauskis

We went to Ajax v Heerenveen in December, great trip got tickets from Viagogo. If you are in the city centre, your best bet imo is to take a train from Central Station or Metro 54, again from Central, to Bijlmer. The Arena is about a 5 minute walk from Bijlmer station.

There is a great boozer outside the ground which gets packed, The Grolsch Pub where they sign Ajax songs on Karaoke, get in early :)

The game finished 5-2 and was 5-1 at one point

Unknown user

Went to see them last year v Caamburs. Went through Viagogo, tickets had already been used that night! Was able to buy cheaper tickets on the night and Viagogo refunded my money (they only pay the ticket seller when entry to stadium has been granted).

Found Ajax to be 'false' a lot of tourists in attendance. Would recommend Feyenoord (40mins by train) for proper football experience.

Ps a doddle to get to Amsterdam Arena

Feyenoord is the real experience, de Kuip has a great reputation for atmosphere while the Arena's pretty soul-less.

Feyenoord is the real experience, de Kuip has a great reputation for atmosphere while the Arena's pretty soul-less.

We were at Ajax on the Saturday night and Feyenoord on the Sunday. Got in about 45mins early to the Feyenoord game and it was bouncing. Carried on throughout the game. Real football fans imo.

Can't wait to go back.

Unknown user

We were at Ajax on the Saturday night and Feyenoord on the Sunday. Got in about 45mins early to the Feyenoord game and it was bouncing. Carried on throughout the game. Real football fans imo.

Can't wait to go back.

I've never been on a matchday to be fair, but everyone says the same thing about de Kuip, I really should get along once of these days

Thanks for the help people. Got 2 tickets section 424. tickets were not cheap at all got them from viagogo Ajax v PSV delighted

Unknown user

Feyenoord PSV's on just now, PSV mossed a penalty followed by mass handbags further upfield.

De Kuip is absolutely crackling and not even full

Footballfirst

Thanks for the help people. Got 2 tickets section 424. tickets were not cheap at all got them from viagogo Ajax v PSV delighted

You are in the upper tier of the south east corner or the ArenA. It's the closest part of the station to the Bijlmer metro stop.  IIRC 424/425 are sections occupied by the most vocal of the Ajax supporters (Tynecastle section G types).

I don't know if the rules have changed but it used to be that alcohol wasn't sold inside the ground at Category A games, which PSV will be one.

Amsterdam_ArenA_seating_plan_chart_AFC_A

Feyenoord PSV's on just now, PSV mossed a penalty followed by mass handbags further upfield.

De Kuip is absolutely crackling and not even full

Game is being played at Amsterdam Arena, Dutch Super Cup.

Paid extra to get in that section thought if I go I may as well go in style! Very excited by this

Unknown user

Game is being played at Amsterdam Arena, Dutch Super Cup.

haha there you go, go to the arena!

Get there early, when I got to the turnstiles with my tickets (from viagogo) the seller had already entered the stadium using his season ticket. Barcode would therefore not scan. Steward could even tell me the exact time they scanned their ticket. I was probably just unlucky.

Did you get in Gambo? That's going to give me nightmares

I had to buy tickets from ticket office, not a big game so plenty available on the night.

Viagogo did refund my money.

I have used Viagogo a few times with no other problems.

Archived