The Olympics

neilnunb

Less than a week to go. :)

Can't wait.

Which sports are you most looking forward to? Think the only one I really can't be arsed with is the synchronised swimming. Want to see what this version of volleyball where you only use your feet is like. Could be a hoot.

Bindy Badgy

Looking forward to the judo. Quite gutted that I didn't make it over to Rio as I went to Beijing and London.

Only a matter of time until this turns into a 'who is the tidiest lassie at the Olympics discussion'.

One of the British diver birds is worth checking out.

Only a matter of time until this turns into a 'who is the tidiest lassie at the Olympics discussion'.

We can do one for each of the events in the athletics if you'd like.

His name is

Quite like the diving, only time I ever watch it mind you

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Samuel Camazzola

Tonya Couch?

chester copperpot

That's the one I think.

I defo would like an Olympics hottie thread however would also like a thread where we can actually talk about the Olympics.

Looking forward to the cycling, swimming and the track events.

I will most probably watch everything. Ironically I cannot really get into the football tournament though!

Malinga the Swinga

Swimming, Athletics, Tennis, Sevens Rugby, Hockey (although the squad selections are a complete and utter disgrace with almost all players English, despite players player of the year being a Scot in English div 1),band cycling. Can't be bothered with gymnastics, equestrian, diving, shooting stuff although their participants are all top class. Really don't like the weight lifting where almost all will be on some sort of steroid, sailing, rowing, fencing and judo as they are boring to watch although fun to take part in.

Hope Mo Farah gets beat, Ennis Hill wins again and Cavendish gets medal.

Other than that, look forward to Dutch and Argentian ladies hockey teams where their are some cracking looking women.

deesidejambo

Athletics and swimming.  Maybe the track cycling for the thrills.

The rest is dull and overblown.

and the paralympics - total garbage.

KineticBeat

I'm looking forward to all of it but wondering how many times British commentators will try and slyly put in that it's not as good as London 2012

niblick1874

Do we have to wait for it to begin before the pics start? Who's Tanya Couch? Thread just for the pics? I want pics.

Malinga the Swinga

Athletics and swimming.  Maybe the track cycling for the thrills.

The rest is dull and overblown.

and the paralympics - total garbage.

Yep, forgot about Paralympics and the obsession with trying to prove it is as good as 'proper' olympics. It isn't and it never will be, regardless of C4 giving it undeserved and overblown coverage. They can have the event, but quit trying to persuade anyone that it is worth watching, unless you have personal or family interest.

Must admit I never bother with the Paralympics other than I like watching David Weir's races.

On a side note, I see a British athlete became only the third Brit to run 100m undrr 10 seconds...unfortunately he's in the British bobsleigh team :D

Malinga the Swinga

Go on then?

nope, no hidden agenda. Just haven't taken to him at all and would rather he lost.

fabienleclerq

nope, no hidden agenda. Just haven't taken to him at all and would rather he lost.

It's the Olympics not a personality contest! You'd rather a British athlete lost? Can't see what you'd have against him either seems a decent chap.

I'd be pleased for Mo if he won, but to be honest I'd be even happier if someone with greater potential took his crown. Mo is dominating his events and you can't say nay to that, but he hasn't come near to the world record in either and the 5k and 10k aren't especially strong at the moment compared to the 800 and 1500 which both feature a number of former title winners.

I saw an 18 year old Ethiopian named Kejelcha winning the world indoors earlier this year and he almost reminded me of Bolt when he first appeared. Sadly he hasn't quite kicked on from there as I thought he might have, but time is still on his side.

Do we have to wait for it to begin before the pics start? Who's Tanya Couch? Thread just for the pics? I want pics.

She has a column in the Metro. I won't state the obvious by pointing out that you can also Google.

Look forward to watching over whiter than white cycling team.

It seems our lot don't have to take drug tests or just blame it on asthma inhalers.

Russian amateur's take note.

Someone summed it up perfectly to me.

The olympics should be the highest honour in a particular sport to be eligible.

For example; football - world cup, tennis - Any of the majors etc

These sports shouldn't be at the olympics imo.

The olympics shouldn't be viewed as the 'league cup'.

I'd say for tennis it is getting that sort of prestige.

Samuel Camazzola

Despite all the debates, looking forward to the golf. Still a strong field and will be interesting to see a new course being used for tournament golf.

What about the tour of France? Is that cyclists oot too.

Bindy Badgy

What about the tour of France? Is that cyclists oot too.

Olympics is the premier event for track cyclists so that should be there.

It's debatable whether or not road cycling should be there.

Olympics is the premier event for track cyclists so that should be there.

It's debatable whether or not road cycling should be there.

World championship I'd say.

I'd rather have the Rainbow jersey. Then I know I've beaten everyone.

Look forward to watching over whiter than white cycling team.

It seems our lot don't have to take drug tests or just blame it on asthma inhalers.

Russian amateur's take note.

aussieh I promise I am not trying to spark a debate/argument but I am genuinely curious, do you cheer on 'Team GB' in the Olympics?

Andy Murray has been chosen to carry the flag at the opening ceremony.

Great honour for him.

Only thing I'll watch with interest is the Clay Pigeon, Rifle shooting and the Boxing, not interested in athletics really.

niblick1874

Come on Canada.

Scored after 22 seconds.

went down to ten, em, men and it's still 1 0 after 60

Opening Ceremony at midnight on Friday night. I'm looking forward to having some sport to watch again. It's been rubbish since Wimbledon finished.

Athletics, cycling and swimming but I'll watch most of it.

How far ahead is Brazil? 4/5 hours? It could mean some prime time spots are late on for us.

Athletics, cycling and swimming but I'll watch most of it.

How far ahead is Brazil? 4/5 hours? It could mean some prime time spots are late on for us.

They're behind 4 hours.

They're behind 4 hours.

That's what I meant, doh!

So a 7pm peak time event will be on at 11pm here. I'm in my bed sleeping by that time on a work night. I'll have to make do with catch up or highlights shows.

aussieh I promise I am not trying to spark a debate/argument but I am genuinely curious, do you cheer on 'Team GB' in the Olympics?

No.

Who or what is Team GB. Oh right, you mean England.

But as its the last time they'll compete, I might, just for auld time sake.

niblick1874

Two reasons why kickback is going down the tubes are above. With out a pause for breath they are at it again. They are not alone in this but they are the ones that are sticking out a mile here.  

Two reasons why kickback is going down the tubes are above. With out a pause for breath they are at it again. They are not alone in this but they are the ones that are sticking out a mile here.

Aye, nibs. You never ruin a good thread with your toenail biting.

Hypocrisy is that an Olympic sport, maybe you could win Gold.

BBC talking about how 'cool' Bradley Wiggins is.

IMO he is a prime example of how alleged 'characters' are often the most boring people around.

Archived