Bjorn Johnsen signs 3yr deal

Robbie Neilson

Big huge guy to lump balls up to yes.

Big huge guy to cross balls in for probably not.

This guy, Juanma . Sammon Muirhead and watt no way we are going with 5 strikers surely someone away maybe? Juanma?

Robbie Neilson

So after watching tonight is he still close to signing?

Tbf wouldnt blame him if he got in a taxi straight to the airport and ****ed off pronto after tonight :lol:

...a bit disco

Tbf wouldnt blame him if he got in a taxi straight to the airport and messed off pronto after tonight :lol:

:lol:

another giant striker, just what we need. what about a player to make chances for all these strikers

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein better pull some good ****ing signings now. I find it bizarre in the extreme signing Sammon.

he used to play for Louletano. tiny club in the Algarve (they played Celtic in a friendly in 2000.)

Ok, will bite.

What has this guy done to interest Valencia? Can't see it myself.

Probably because you've never seen him play, neither have i.

Does he have a 1 in 8 goals to game ratio and all the idiots will think he will bang them in? Yaaaaas.

Rudolf's Mate

Maybe we're going on the basis that any Icelandic sounding name must be a good thing.

fabienleclerq

His goalscoring record is phenomenal.

:muggy:

His scoring record is decent.

Does he have a 1 in 8 goals to game ratio and all the idiots will think he will bang them in? Yaaaaas.

Check his Wikipedia link......

his scoring at Litex is actually decent for a big man striker 1 in 3.My question is this when are we going to play him its pretty obvious Sammon will be playing every game no matter how shite he is.

What's the point of signing more strikers when there is a reluctance, even at home, to play with two of the buggers?

Hopefully Juanma is away. Cracking name, horrendously lazy footballer.

We need some players with some energy and pace.

Ok reading that article maybe makes my negativity a bit pre-emptive.

Still a bit light on decent experience though.

Tokyo Drifter

This guy, Juanma . Sammon Muirhead and watt no way we are going with 5 strikers surely someone away maybe? Juanma?

And Zanatta and Tudorev, though I expect they'll be punted out on loan pretty soon.

Sounds like he'd be a decent addition. Looks like he has a year left so presumably we're paying a fee for him? 

Wouldn't be totally surprised if Juanma left before the end of August.

Hardly a big lump. Looks more like a Sow than a Sammon.

Looks pacy and direct. A right footed Sow would be lovely. Looks like he actually jumps his height too which is good.

What's the point of signing more strikers when there is a reluctance, even at home, to play with two of the buggers?

He'll hold up the ball until our 8 defensive midfielders support him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

His scoring record is decent.

That's what I thought too...

Especially the more recent clubs.

Someone to play along side Watt and get the best out of both of them. Get djoum playing further forward and it may even work.

Jaunma and sammon left on the bench (or stand/parking lot) with Muirhead to come on late in games to do some running and harrying.

babertonjambo

If he is better than what we have, which wouldn't be difficult to be fair, then I'm all for bringing him in.  However, it doesn't solve our main problem which is the lack of creativity from midfield and until this is resolved whoever plays up front is going to struggle. 

**** sake, you do understand modern football yes?

If he is better than what we have, which wouldn't be difficult to be fair, then I'm all for bringing him in. However, it doesn't solve our main problem which is the lack of creativity from midfield and until this is resolved whoever plays up front is going to struggle.

Spot on the money

**** sake, you do understand modern football yes?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He was only playing in the 3rd and 2nd tier of Bulgarian football. Can't really see Valencia taking an interest there surely?

babertonjambo

He was only playing in the 3rd and 2nd tier of Bulgarian football. Can't really see Valencia taking an interest there surely?

Leicester found Mahrez in the lower leagues in France.  There are gems out there.

I'd like to see us go back to Walker playing out wide and a midfield of Djoum, Kitchen and Buaben/Cowie.   Then play two up front or another winger with Djoum pushing forward.

Thought muirhead looked the best of all three strikers, albeit for a shirt desperate period.

Go with him and watt

Ferryjambo99

He seems like the sort of striker to win knock downs and hold the ball up. That would work well in a partnership with watt imo

KineticBeat

Signed. Hopefully the Watt-Johnsen strike partnership will be fondly remebered in 10 years time. Good luck to him. 

I'd like to see us go back to Walker playing out wide and a midfield of Djoum, Kitchen and [New Signing].  

I'll take anything right now. If he can provide knock downs for Watt and score a few himself he'll already be a better option.

letsalllaughathobos

Crazy bringing in more forwards when we are crying out for attacking midfeild players,

Obviously we are just going to hoof it to the strikers,

Bypass midfield as it has not been working so we stick with it

Archived