Your highlight for today?

Norm

Unknown user

Make sure the s doesn't fall off them. I got chucked out the local swimming pool when something similar happened to my speedos.

That's worse than leaving chalks for bairns, scum! :D

For all everyone's been slagging Pokemon go, I hadn't thought about it in terms of parents just getting an outside activity with their kids, that's actually pretty cool :thumbsup:

Салатные палочки

Make sure the s doesn't fall off them. I got chucked out the local swimming pool when something similar happened to my speedos.

:rofl: :rofl: 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Walking home this morning after work and realising it was "TIT MONDAY" proof was popping out everywhere.

Walking home this morning after work and realising it was "TIT MONDAY" proof was popping out everywhere.

Now there's a thread.

You must be sick of the sight of them on the beaches down there.

:clumshot:

:cornette: No, not sick at all.

They're barry.

I fulfilled my lifelong ambition and landed a Boeing 737 at Edinburgh. And then did a touch and go at the new Hong Kong Airport before landing over the city at the new one.

OK, it was the iPilot simulator in London but since epilepsy robbed me of the chance to try to make a career if of it I finally got a chance to get at the controls. Brilliant. Flying up the Forth with Edinburgh on the left and the Bridges in the distance was superbly realistic.

This thread needs bumped...

A bowl of homemade Lentil soup for lunch and think I'll have some more for dinner.

life is exciting.

Салатные палочки

I fulfilled my lifelong ambition and landed a Boeing 737 at Edinburgh. And then did a touch and go at the new Hong Kong Airport before landing over the city at the new one.

OK, it was the iPilot simulator in London but since epilepsy robbed me of the chance to try to make a career if of it I finally got a chance to get at the controls. Brilliant. Flying up the Forth with Edinburgh on the left and the Bridges in the distance was superbly realistic.

Superb stuff. Did you pay for the experience? Would love to try a simulation. Until I get the chance I'll stick to FSX.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

Just back from a walk round Arthur Seat with my son and my daughter's 9 month old puppy.

The City looked great in the sun, everyone was happy and the manto on display was delightful.

Now home and on the Stella.

Perfect day.

Just cracked open a belhaven best after a quality day chasing pokemon (she caught 12) and a wee swim with 10yr old daughter.

Mondays rock

Joined the wife and kids in Germany 5 days ago after they'd been here a week, visiting her family. In that time, our oldest has basically switched to speaking German and our youngest is mixing it in with her English, jumping between the 2. We're staying with the wife's folks who don't really speak any English so the last 5 days have been an absolute head****.

I can follow what people are saying, if they speak slow enough and one at a time, but that's not been the case. Everywhere, it's nothing but German and the last few days have been mentally exhausting. By about 6 o'clock tonight I was really beginning to feel it. I was done.

The wife let me go to our room after dinner, when it's normally hectic getting the kids ready for a bath, and I just lay there in the dark for an hour, in silence. Blissful silence. It was ****ing outstanding.

Dagger Is Back

Posting in advance here but for the first time in 30 years the wife and I aren't on summer holidays together. She's in Canada with our youngest and they've been away since 5 July. Coming back on Thursday and I can't bloody wait. Had a wee tear in my eye last night when I caught up with them on Facetime.

Sometimes you just take things for granted.

Ryan Jarman

Baby girl rolled over for the first time. It's all uphill from here :(

Legally voted to form our own complex committees today freeing ourselves from evil rip off builders.

Mind you its great for the kids that they can speak German.

Having another language can be a tremendous advantage.

But I'm sure you know that anyway.

Phoned them just before I left and the oldest came on the phone and started blethering away in German. I was delighted.

Once I hung up the phone, the reality kicked in that this was going to be a tough week. She was normally my wee saviour over here, someone I could talk to without taxing my brain.

This place has basically been my only source of the English language. My average post count must triple whenever I'm over here as it's the closest I get to having a conversation in my own language.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Phoned them just before I left and the oldest came on the phone and started blethering away in German. I was delighted.

Once I hung up the phone, the reality kicked in that this was going to be a tough week. She was normally my wee saviour over here, someone I could talk to without taxing my brain.

This place has basically been my only source of the English language. My average post count must triple whenever I'm over here as it's the closest I get to having a conversation in my own language.

Vot are you on about?  :-)

What's been your best bit for today?

For me, today, it was going to Albert Einstein's house in Caputh, Germany, and having a tour round. Even got to sit at his desk! Great experience.

So come on Kickbackers, what was your highlight?

Facebook! Facebook! Look at me! Look at me!

I sat at an old desk!

Superb stuff. Did you pay for the experience? Would love to try a simulation. Until I get the chance I'll stick to FSX.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I got an iPilot voucher for Xmas. Cost the other half about ?100 and I got 40 minutes in the sim with a qualified pilot and free reign of where to fly.

The guy said to keep an eye on Groupon for iPilot vouchers.

There is a new attraction called Emirates Aviation Experience at North Greenwich. You can try an A380 and 777. Cheaper but has a very limited selection of airports.

I got an iPilot voucher for Xmas. Cost the other half about ?100 and I got 40 minutes in the sim with a qualified pilot and free reign of where to fly.

The guy said to keep an eye on Groupon for iPilot vouchers.

There is a new attraction called Emirates Aviation Experience at North Greenwich. You can try an A380 and 777. Cheaper but has a very limited selection of airports.

Is it photo realistic or are we talking those really bad sims you used to get on Krypton Factor, where some punter from Surrey would inevitably plough an Airbus in to the ground everyweek?

I sat at an old desk!

Pathetic post.

Is it photo realistic or are we talking those really bad sims you used to get on Krypton Factor, where some punter from Surrey would inevitably plough an Airbus in to the ground everyweek?

It's not quite photo realistic but it's nor far off, moved on a very long way from Gordon Burns days. I took off from Heathrow and could easily pick out landmarks like the Gherkin and Tower 42 climbing out across the city.

The approach to Edinburgh you can see the Castle, Leith docks, Granton and recognisable districts of the city on your left and the Forth Bridges in the distance. To be honest, when you're flying it you're watching only the runway lights and the instruments. My other half in the jump seat did the sight seeing!

The Hong Kong landing through the city was truly stunning.

Unknown user

I sat at an old desk!

"Sir, we have reports that a happy guy has had a good day, and has dared to start a thread on an online forum, presumably thinking he may make a fleeting connection with another human being"

"WHAT?? Send in the *****!"

Watt-Zeefuik

The wife told me that our foster child told her that I was awesome today.      :sob:

No more calls, we have a winner.

Unknown user

The wife told me that our foster child told her that I was awesome today. :sob:

****, my life is pointless, you ARE awesome.

Go team GPS!

chester copperpot

The wife told me that our foster child told her that I was awesome today. :sob:

:clap:

Just arrived in Bologna from Venice.

Lovely comfortable journey by the train.

First cappuccino about a third of the price than Venice.

Just arrived in Bologna from Venice.

Lovely comfortable journey by the train.

First cappuccino about a third of the price than Venice.

Just get on it!

Selkirk_Jambo

Joined the wife and kids in Germany 5 days ago after they'd been here a week, visiting her family. In that time, our oldest has basically switched to speaking German and our youngest is mixing it in with her English, jumping between the 2. We're staying with the wife's folks who don't really speak any English so the last 5 days have been an absolute head****.

I can follow what people are saying, if they speak slow enough and one at a time, but that's not been the case. Everywhere, it's nothing but German and the last few days have been mentally exhausting. By about 6 o'clock tonight I was really beginning to feel it. I was done.

The wife let me go to our room after dinner, when it's normally hectic getting the kids ready for a bath, and I just lay there in the dark for an hour, in silence. Blissful silence. It was ******* outstanding.

I had exactly this experience last week in Italian, even down to the lying in darkened room for an hour :D It's amazing how mentally draining it is to concentrate on trying to translate every word in your head. Didn't feel much like a holiday at all.

Now I am back at work where half my workload is in German and, whilst my German is far better than my Italian, it's still a pain in the arse. My highlight of the day will be around 6 tonight when I am walking home with a beer in my hand.

Turned down for plum job elsewhere last week.

Got a big 'loyalty' bonus payment today and another 2k a year.

If only they knew ?? (Perhaps they do)

:yas:

Result.

Highlight today was the kids asking me to tell them a story about a rocket and one about a witch. They'll often ask me tell them a story about some random topic that pops into their head.

I gave them the abridged version of "Apollo 13" and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". It was the best stories they'd heard apparently. Thanks Hollywood!

I had exactly this experience last week in Italian, even down to the lying in darkened room for an hour :D It's amazing how mentally draining it is to concentrate on trying to translate every word in your head. Didn't feel much like a holiday at all.

Yup. I get really jealous of my missus sometimes. She's obviously fluent in German but equally so in English. So much so, half the time she's not even aware which language she's speaking.

She'll rattle something off in German at me and gets annoyed when I have my confused, translating in my head face on. When she starts asking what the hell is the matter with me and I explain I'm trying to work out what she just said, she's completely oblivious to the fact it wasn't in English. She does the same in reverse to her folks.

When, after finally parking up after my bus practical driving test today, the examiner began his sentence "Well, David, I'm pleased to tell you..."

When, after finally parking up after my bus practical driving test today, the examiner began his sentence "Well, David, I'm pleased to tell you..."

Nice one fella.

May I be the first to utter the infamous Inbetweeners phrase "bus w@nker"!

chester copperpot

Well done chief :clap:

My highlight of the day is sitting next to a big fan, feet up on the reckiner and supping on a freezing cold pint of irn bru with ice.

Bliss

Unknown user

Goodbye waistline!

Congrats ;)

Yesterday's highlight was a funny one, our house was getting photographed for going up for sale so we've spent a couple of days in 28+ degree weather working in the garden and what have you. ****ing. Knackered.

But the highlight wasn't hitting the pillow or a cold beer with the feet in a paddling pool, instead I'd had a look at the life and death thread on here and it put me in mind of a song that I hadn't listened to in years and I put it on, Alice in Chains' Them Bones.

"I feel so alone, gonna end up a

Big ol' pile of them bones"

Angsty teen Smithee used to get right down to that, brilliant!

Arrived in Florence to find my guest house is run by The Sisters of the Congregation of St Philip.

Looks a lovely wee place.

Arrived in Florence to find my guest house is run by The Sisters of the Congregation of St Philip.

Looks a lovely wee place.

I seen that video on  X Hamster.

Archived