Your highlight for today?

Norm

What's been your best bit for today?

For me, today, it was going to Albert Einstein's house in Caputh, Germany, and having a tour round. Even got to sit at his desk! Great experience.

So come on Kickbackers, what was your highlight?

Unknown user

For me, today, it was going to Albert Einstein's house in Caputh, Germany, and having a tour round. Even got to sit at his desk! Great experience.

I'm sitting outside a canalside coffeeshop with a vape and a coffee on a gorgeous Amsterdam evening.

What was the question again?

Unknown user

Sounds cool by the way!

Sounds cool by the way!

9 times out 10, I'd rather be in your shoes but going to Berty's hoose edges it today.

Went for a shower and got peace for 7 minutes.

Again, 9 times out of 10, I'd be happy with that. Hell, half the time I'd settle for taking a crap without the kids barging in.

Bridge of Djoum

Homeless guy threw his chicken bones at me on the subway, asking if I was hungry.

Discovering that if you scratch a sow on its side, just behind its foreleg it'll fall over and grunt contentedly is my son's answer.

Mine would be returning a hire car absolutely clarted and with 2000+ km added in less than a week and having no extras to pay.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Was able to slip away for a quiet single pint while the other half was shopping.

Three other guys sitting by themselves clearly in the same situation, and a gorgeous barmaid.

If they had all started ballroom dancing, Dennis Potter esque, I would not have batted an eyelid.

Dagger Is Back

Taking my best friend, the dog, out for two walks today. Sitting in the park watching her running around and then sitting have a chat to her made me realise that I've been taking life far too seriously.

**** it I'm not going into work this week.

tokyowalnut

Sitting in the Spylaw tavern demolishing 2 starters, a haggis pie and a chocolate fudge cake (hot).

Actual highlight was my gran's smile after I bought her a bottle of wine she had enjoyed a while ago.

Simple things :)

My 4 year old coming out with a new phrase that had me in tears of laughter.

Unknown user

Taking my best friend, the dog, out for two walks today. Sitting in the park watching her running around and then sitting have a chat to her made me realise that I've been taking life far too seriously.

**** it I'm not going into work this week.

My favourite so far

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

My favourite so far

Haha. I live in a house with wife and two daughters which can be bit of a war zone at the best of times. The dog and I have formed a mutual pact, sometimes he and I go looking for each other just to check the other is ok. On Friday night, he had clearly had enough and had his "lets get the #### out of here face on". Cue an hour of walking on the beach chasing a stick, both returned tired and happy. Simple pleasures

Jambof3tornado

Haha. I live in a house with wife and two daughters which can be bit of a war zone at the best of times. The dog and I have formed a mutual pact, sometimes he and I go looking for each other just to check the other is ok. On Friday night, he had clearly had enough and had his "lets get the #### out of here face on". Cue an hour of walking on the beach chasing a stick, both returned tired and happy. Simple pleasures

The benefits of a pooch can never be underestimated.

Guest jonesy

Walked up to the top of Allermuir by 6.45am after dropping the wife off for her early shift.

Either that, or the slow cooked pork in cider and mustard that we had for dinner.

Unknown user

I have to say, this thread should be a frequent visitor, it's good to just stop and contemplate the joys from time to time

Did our usual, bi-weekly walk into Italy this morning, had coffee and pastries, bought some brilliant groceries and walked home again. 23km round trip.

Spent four hours on a beach this afternoon. Thankfully the temperature has dropped to 29 degrees compared with last weeks ridiculous 34+.

Fantastic.

I have to say, this thread should be a frequent visitor, it's good to just stop and contemplate the joys from time to time

Bang on mate :thumb:

Made some great Hot Dogs for dinner. Raw onion. Sprinkle of cheese. Tomato sauce and mustard.

Have lost 3 stone in weight and had a 12" pizza to celebrate. First one I've had in 4 months. **** me it was good.

ArcticJambo

Sat on my ATV watching narwhals riding the waves for a bit.  Otherwise a pretty mundane day, although I'm encouraged by all the interesting adventures of the day described afore. :thumbsup: folks.

scott herbertson

when the police negotiator talked the man down off the railway bridge at peterborough allowing our train to depart after an hour on th platform so we were only delayed Edinburgh to london for 2 hours 20 minutes...

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

when the police negotiator talked the man down off the railway bridge at peterborough allowing our train to depart after an hour on th platform so we were only delayed Edinburgh to london for 2 hours 20 minutes...

You will get your fare refunded via delay repay on virion website.

scott herbertson

You will get your fare refunded via delay repay on virion website.

lol - been trying for the last hour and the server is down

Not a happy bunny  - mind you could be worse as the initial delay was caused by some poor guy getting hit by the train in front of us at inverkeithing

got a fare from whitburn to gallowgate in glasgow.. strongly suspect she was a woman of negotiable affections...

however got to drive through parkhead etc.. lovely part of the country.. saw a lovely old hostelry called "the prince charlie" which i seem to remember from a banter filled programme about some of britains finest drinking establishments..

High point though was on the way back, just after the roadworks finish and 70mph is reinstated on the M8... I am the resurection came on the radio,.. full and in its entirety.. Blitzed passed some bint in a a red A3,.. she looked like shite was permanently under her nostrils..

Now getting pished with the wif and had a good laugh playing that "on the forehead" game on the phones.. basically give us a clue through your phone..

She's watching love island, I am free to drink and look at shite..

Watt-Zeefuik

It's been a pretty crappy day, but I just finished a Netflix reboot of my favorite TV show as a 9-year old, and it was a lot of fun.

Big Slim Stylee

Spent the whole day trying to reinstall a ton of software on a beautiful tricked out iMac a friend has given my muso son!  

Absolutely frustrated the feck out of me trying to find serial nos. for a load of my old plug-ins etc. but done it and feel a real sense of accomplishment.  

He's ridiculously happy so that's cool. :)

Breakfast at The Kempinski Hotel Jakarta, superb

Great hotel.  Great breakfast too.

My highlight was watching my 9 year old son's beaming smile as he walked off the cricket pitch, retiring not out after scoring 21, knowing that his team was about to win the Sydney U10 T20 Winter Cricket competition.  They did win, with 4 overs to spare and he won player of the match.

The other highlight was wearing shorts during the winter.

My baby Granddaughter born at 8.57 this fine morning.

Big one of these :) on today.

Congrats.

Last day in Venice.

Visited the Scuola Grande Di San Rocco,brilliant preserved architecture and paintings by Tintoretto.

About to have some bacon and eggs now.

Although the day is still young, it's going to be pretty hard to top that.

Unknown user

Big :) back at you, awesome

chester copperpot

Picked up my daughter after her being on holiday for the past 2 weeks. The hug I got was as happy a hug you can get.

Working from home the next 4 weeks :)

Салатные палочки

Had a terrible weekend but today I got my annual leave approved for next week so it means my kids can come and stay with me for the week and I have a few plans for days out etc  :2thumbsup:

chester copperpot

Had a terrible weekend but today I got my annual leave approved for next week so it means my kids can come and stay with me for the week and I have a few plans for days out etc :2thumbsup:

:thumb:

Pokemon hunting and time capsule for this dad today :)

Салатные палочки

:thumb:

Pokemon hunting and time capsule for this dad today :)

That is a great shout, I haven't taken them swimming for a while.  Enjoy the pokemon hunting, just dont walk out onto the road or whatever :rofl: 

chester copperpot

That is a great shout, I haven't taken them swimming for a while. Enjoy the pokemon hunting, just dont walk out onto the road or whatever :rofl:

Depending on where you stay, most councils allow the kids to swim for free over the summer and easter periods.

And she will be holding the phone so it will be her at risk :lol:

Салатные палочки

Depending on where you stay, most councils allow the kids to swim for free over the summer and easter periods.

And she will be holding the phone so it will be her at risk :lol:

Your right I just checked our councils website and its free throughout the holidays  :2thumbsup: .  Ill get the ol' speedos looked out.  

chester copperpot

Your right I just checked our councils website and its free throughout the holidays :2thumbsup: . Ill get the ol' speedos looked out.

Make sure the s doesn't fall off them. I got chucked out the local swimming pool when something similar happened to my speedos.

Archived