Templeton

vegas-voss

But I'm sure he's trying his hardest.

We all ready know he puts his wallet before Hearts.

get a real life mate...and why the hell shouldnt he ???..i take it you are not married and dont have kids...cos if u put Hearts before your family or children then you are one sad indivudual....

What happened to the 2 other young guys? konstadinov and the romanian kid? thought these two were mean't to be really good and would end up in the first team.

Cracking header for such a small guy

As for Copil, hes apparently offski already and will be officially once we get some cash

Kostadinov is grossly overrated and I doubt we will see him make much if any impact on our first team

get a real life mate...and why the hell shouldnt he ???..i take it you are not married and dont have kids...cos if u put Hearts before your family or children then you are one sad indivudual....

What are you talking about...

Your right I dont have kids or a mortgage but I know for sure I would look at offers if I thought I was getting made to look like a plum at work..

This isnt all to do with hearts, its also about integrity, Frail was made a scape goat many times and I was in frails shoes I would have looked else where pretty quickly.

So my point, which I think you missed, Frail probably will be aiming to keep the top job meaning he wont be looking to blood youngsters whilst putting his own position in jepordy.

finally, get a real life.... got one mate quite happy, in the future if I'm ever feeling down I'll be sure to get in touch and find out what constitutes a real life.

Who's coaching all these kids? We have a really good facility and we should have coaches that reflect that, there must be some sort of plan that has some structure for getting these kids into the first team surely?

I still think we have some decent players in the first team but a big problem is our squad is void of any balance whatsoever. Both our starting fullbacks can do a job defensively but add absolutely nothing going forward. Palazeulos, Jonsson and Stewart are all good but when you play with a midfield three you need someone who is going to press forward and support/get ahead of the striker. Cesnauskis and Driver are both good but it means we are a bit lightweight in a 4-4-2 to play them both. As for a 4-5-1 Driver's a bit too defensive, while Chesney seems scared to shoot. Larry could solve one of these problems when he returns.

While a big fan of the young lads I'm not convinced how they will help this. Visconte is a good player but no better than Driver, Templeton/Copil is better than Mikoliunas but at this point not better than Cesnauskis - I would say it's worth putting them in the squad though. McGowan is also good but IMO we need an older, experienced, leader at centre half right now, not another young lad.

The changes I would make are:

Kostadinov in the first team set up as back up to Velicka and Nade.

Visconte as Driver's back up.

Templeton as Cesnauskis' back up.

Jonathan Brown to start ahead of Wallace and Goncalves.

Not exactly major changes but things that should be done. It's fairly easy to see that Beniusis and Ivaskevicius don't have a future so I'm perplexed with their constant use as a back up. I mean why keep someone ahead of youth when that person themselves has no future?

What we need more than young lads is a new Right Back, experienced Centre Half, an out and out attacking Central Midfielder and a new pacey Striker. A new Goalkeeper wouldn't go amiss either.

If we have to wait for the summer for this then so be it, this season is a write off anyway. But if that is the plan then I would agree youth players should start being introduced into the first team squad.

Marooned In Oz
He's like the gable end of a crisp, dont think that many people have seen him play and now he's a possible saviour.

I dont know whats worse, some of the vitriolic abuse handed out to young players or building, an undoubtedly talented lad, up to the messiah on the evidence of a couple of games in the 2nd Division.

Best post I've read on here for a long long time.

We seem to build these youngsters up get them in the team - spend their first few games raving about them and then eventually turn on them and announce how pish they are and not fit to wear the shirt.

(See Elliot, Mole, Driver, Wallace ect***.)

*** Hasn't happened to eggert jonnson yet but there is plenty of time yet

I'm so sick of keyboard warriors taking their anger out on young kids trying their best for the club yet building up players they haven't even ****ing seen just to slate the **** out of them 4 months later.

Get a ****ing grip

Spot on Marooned. I sometimes wonder if there is some sort of "personality" issues with certain posters who dole out personal abuse toward our youngsters.

Burley aside our best teams over the last couple of generations have been as a result of between 3 and 5 teenagers being blooded into the team at the same time

Our worst teams appear to have been those with fewest young players

No matter what instinct says about protecting young players the stats dont really back it up.

I'd add a teenager to each third of the pitch and another two on the bench personally

McGowan, Husband, Templeton, Kostadinov and Copil

Archived