Templeton

vegas-voss

Could the young lad be our McCormack ?

Read a report in on of Mondays papers and one of the Raith players was raving about him saying he was an absolute nightmare for defenders to handle when he has the ball at his feet running at them.

chester copperpot
Could the young lad be our McCormack ?

Read a report in on of Mondays papers and one of the Raith players was raving about him saying he was an absolute nightmare for defenders to handle when he has the ball at his feet running at them.

Mate, was just about to start a thread on the same thing about the likes of the young lads.

If Frail wants to be taken seriously, he needs to bleed in Templeton, McGowan and Visconte as soon as possible.

Templeton would give us so much more attacking options than Miko down the right hand side.

i agree, with our season more and more becoming useless to us, now is time to be breeding youths into the team for next season, give us more attacking options anyway

Mate, was just about to start a thread on the same thing about the likes of the young lads.

If Frail wants to be taken seriously, he needs to bleed in Templeton, McGowan and Visconte as soon as possible.

Templeton would give us so much more attacking options than Miko down the right hand side.

Yeah agree.

And for the folk that say there too small.We tricky wingers win alot more fouls.

blondejamtart

Exactly - we've got young players with potential out there who I feel would have more fight and determination than some of our current first team squad. Give them a chance to prove themselves - after all, we've not got much to lose at this stage now!

maybe thats why Templeton is having the experience of playing week in week out just now for Raith and he'll come back to Hearts and feature in the first team.

chester copperpot
maybe thats why Templeton is having the experience of playing week in week out just now for Raith and he'll come back to Hearts and feature in the first team.

Im hoping thats is now the case with Frail now 'Picking' the team.

If at least some of the youth dont make it through to the starting line up this season, they never will.

IMO Temps, Rocky, Gowzer, Husband, Branny would all improve the current 1st team squad at the moment, and I'd probably chuck in a few more players into that mix.

Guest JamboRobbo

Without doubt, we should be giving the likes of Templeton a chance. He has gone out on loan and is showing he knows where the back of the net is.

chester copperpot
Without doubt, we should be giving the likes of Templeton a chance. He has gone out on loan and is showing he knows where the back of the net is.

Thing is, we signed him as a striker JR, and have deployed him out in a wide right position since he came here :confused:

I actually think he's done well out wide right though, and if it was a choice between him and Miko, errrrm, let me think.

He'd blow away on a windy day but, he's about 3 stone!

So what I';m getting sick of this myth you have to well built to play.... I'll say it again, I watched Arsenal's reserves take on blackburn in the cup and they had a young lad who looked like templeton, playing out wide and he had no problem aginst one of the hardest teams in the premiership...

Get him on.

Deek the tramp @ Celtic is built like a stick insect, thats not stopped him.

He'd blow away on a windy day but, he's about 3 stone!

Nothing a great big hulking defender hates more is a tiny little winger with pace.

Just hope the loan until the end of January was to give him some experience of 1st team football and get his fitness up to scratch for a chance in the 1st team.

Dunk-Section G

His loan period will give him the chance to toughen up, he will be getting kicked all over the place. He will gain proper experience.

Hopefully he will be capable of making the step up after his loan.

IMHO we cannot afford to blood the youngsters until such time as we are free from relegation.

Then I feel we can go down this route but not before.

And for the folk that say there too small.We tricky wingers win alot more fouls.

The one thing i hate about british footy is the reliance on big players. You see it every time you watch school footy. The massive boys are regarded as the best players, hence the fact that the british international teams are fairly guff and get shown up playing against teams who regard technique as more useful.

some examples are..... wright-phillips, messi, cannovaro (sp?), puyol. Just cos your big doesnt mean your good! Just wish someone would tell Vlad, might mean he stops signing carthorses up front.

chester copperpot
IMHO we cannot afford to blood the youngsters until such time as we are free from relegation.

Ach there will always be something. When I was calling for this last season, it was because we were still chasing a European place.

The way I see it mate, the dross that we are currently playing have got us in this mess, and I genuinely believe 3 or 4 of our youngsters would improve our team beyond recognition.

Now I agree that it would be folly to put out 3 or 4 in the same game, but what would be the harm in dropping Miko for Templeton, or say Mickey Stewart for Husband.

I see it as being a no lose situation.

Trouble is it is the experienced players who have us in this mess.

Just hope the loan until the end of January was to give him some experience of 1st team football and get his fitness up to scratch for a chance in the 1st team.

At the time they said it was to keep him ticking over as the U19 and reserve leagues shut down.

At the time they said it was to keep him ticking over as the U19 and reserve leagues shut down.

Maybe just maybe though Frail has noticed he has done well and will put him on the bench at least.Better option than Miko,Iva,Benny,Elliot and dare i say it Chesney(away from home).At least he has done something on loan unlike Elliot and Mole.In saying that i would like Mole to get some reserve games under his belt.He looked our best prospect in the reserves so i would not give up on him yet.:confused:

You get 16 year olds making there debut in the EPL, but you never see it in the SPL. Are they just not good enough? There are some players in our team that aren't going to break through, so why are they kept?

I'll name two, Dennis McGlaughlin and Craig Sives.

It's probably because players would rather they bragged about playing for Hearts than Cowdenbeath.

You get 16 year olds making there debut in the EPL, but you never see it in the SPL. Are they just not good enough? There are some players in our team that aren't going to break through, so why are they kept?

It's probably because players would rather they bragged about playing for Hearts than Cowdenbeath.

Mystery to me why Sives didn't get a chance.He was one of our most consistent players for the reserves.Alongside Berra it was a good a partnership as i have seen at that level.Plus he did well in the festival cup game.

Mystery to me why Sives didn't get a chance.He was one of our most consistent players for the reserves.Alongside Berra it was a good a partnership as i have seen at that level.Plus he did well in the festival cup game.

I know, who has he been shipped out to....Partick and Dundee? He's into his 20's now I think so it's obvious he isn't going to be good enough.

I'll tell you why they are kept Sconnie and it's pretty simple - The club can't afford to pay them off. The reason being that the daftys that are in charge of our club ie Pedro (Ronaldo will one day sign for us) Lopez, decided 2 years ago that every player under the age of 21, regardless of abilty deserved to, at least, be offered a FIVE, yes 5 year contract. so i'll tell you about the 2 lads you've mentioned above and this story applys to the majority of players aged 20-22 at the club right now... now Sconnie you're an 18/19 year old young professional footballer, you're too old to play for the under 19s and feel you're 1 or 2 places away from being in the starting 11 for the 1st team at Hearts and you're getting nowhere playing in meaningless reserve matches infront of 50 people and you decide that you want to play 1st team football. so you ask to go on loan, your request is accepted, however it has 1 condition - you can only go out on loan unless you sign a 5 year contract. What do you do Sconnie? do you say no, stay and play reserves for the last year of your contract and at the end of the season join 1000's of other young footballers on the scrapheap! or are you the guy who said yes i'll sign that 5 year deal and get 1st team experiance in the 1st/2nd/3rd division clear in your mind that you will be getting a wage every friday for the next 5 years! I honestly believe Sconnie that you would be that guy who signed the 5 year deal. So Sconnie, do you personally know Denis and Craig? I believe you probably don't, so don't come on JKB sayin *****e about them only staying at Hearts because they'd be embarresed about playing for Cowdenfeckinbeath and would rather brag to mates or birds in nightclubs about playing for Hearts. because untill there contract runs out or Hearts cough up THEY CAN'T GET AWAY

maltese jambo
Yeah agree.

would love to see him in the team and wee players tend to run rings around 'solid' defenders

because untill there contract runs out or Hearts cough up THEY CAN'T GET AWAY

..but if they were really good would clubs not have watched them on loan and approach Hearts with an offer? Or even get into the Hearts first team?

I'll tell you why they are kept Sconnie and it's pretty simple - The club can't afford to pay them off. The reason being that the daftys that are in charge of our club ie Pedro (Ronaldo will one day sign for us) Lopez, decided 2 years ago that every player under the age of 21, regardless of abilty deserved to, at least, be offered a FIVE, yes 5 year contract. so i'll tell you about the 2 lads you've mentioned above and this story applys to the majority of players aged 20-22 at the club right now... now Sconnie you're an 18/19 year old young professional footballer, you're too old to play for the under 19s and feel you're 1 or 2 places away from being in the starting 11 for the 1st team at Hearts and you're getting nowhere playing in meaningless reserve matches infront of 50 people and you decide that you want to play 1st team football. so you ask to go on loan, your request is accepted, however it has 1 condition - you can only go out on loan unless you sign a 5 year contract. What do you do Sconnie? do you say no, stay and play reserves for the last year of your contract and at the end of the season join 1000's of other young footballers on the scrapheap! or are you the guy who said yes i'll sign that 5 year deal and get 1st team experiance in the 1st/2nd/3rd division clear in your mind that you will be getting a wage every friday for the next 5 years! I honestly believe Sconnie that you would be that guy who signed the 5 year deal. So Sconnie, do you personally know Denis and Craig? I believe you probably don't, so don't come on JKB sayin *****e about them only staying at Hearts because they'd be embarresed about playing for Cowdenfeckinbeath and would rather brag to mates or birds in nightclubs about playing for Hearts. because untill there contract runs out or Hearts cough up THEY CAN'T GET AWAY

Sorry Denis/Craig.

They have to sign 5 year deals to go out on loan? Never heard that one before. They don't have to sign anything, they could get out of the club easily if they wanted too.

Don't try and be high and mighty, i'm a fan the same as anyone else and i'll say what I want.

Anyone else see them there last night?:)

Seymour M Hersh

I don't think "bleeding" the youngsters is a good idea. This sort of quak medicine went out in the Napoleonic era!

Thing is, we signed him as a striker JR, and have deployed him out in a wide right position since he came here :confused:

I actually think he's done well out wide right though, and if it was a choice between him and Miko, errrrm, let me think.

Thts weird because when I seen him with Stenhousemuir he din't really play up front. Not saying you are wrong but when I did see him he was out wide/free role.

But agree with you it is about time we start playing some of these players. Even if it is playing him just of Velicka.

andy i've been on about this all day at work ..

i no john mcglynn very well..was in seeing him after they got beat with st .johnstone . started talking about temps and he thinks he'll make the grade..

he was hoping to hang onto him a bit longer , but i think he'll be going back

Ach there will always be something. When I was calling for this last season, it was because we were still chasing a European place.

The way I see it mate, the dross that we are currently playing have got us in this mess, and I genuinely believe 3 or 4 of our youngsters would improve our team beyond recognition.

Now I agree that it would be folly to put out 3 or 4 in the same game, but what would be the harm in dropping Miko for Templeton, or say Mickey Stewart for Husband.

I see it as being a no lose situation.

It is a lose situation tho Andy.

Frail will be aware that results could cost him his job or cement him his job and might not want to put the pressure on the young lads, until a manager is given full backing from Vlad to right off this season I cant see young lads being given the chance.

It is a lose situation tho Andy.

Frail will be aware that results could cost him his job or cement him his job and might not want to put the pressure on the young lads, until a manager is given full backing from Vlad to right off this season I cant see young lads being given the chance.

Frail must know he has no chance of getting the job.He be as well as giving Templeton a chance at least.Done really well on loan.So he desrves a chance at Hearts.

Frail must know he has no chance of getting the job.He be as well as giving Templeton a chance at least.Done really well on loan.So he desrves a chance at Hearts.

I agree but the amount of times frail harks on about his mortage I think Frail would like to do every thing he can to get the job.

Mind you a coaches position probably has more security.

I agree but the amount of times frail harks on about his mortage I think Frail would like to do every thing he can to get the job.

Mind you a coaches position probably has more security.

He ain't doing to good a job of trying to get it.

He ain't doing to good a job of trying to get it.

But I'm sure he's trying his hardest.

We all ready know he puts his wallet before Hearts.

He's like the gable end of a crisp, dont think that many people have seen him play and now he's a possible saviour.

I dont know whats worse, some of the vitriolic abuse handed out to young players or building, an undoubtedly talented lad, up to the messiah on the evidence of a couple of games in the 2nd Division.

Patrick Bateman

As much as I think/hope Templeton could be good, playing him alongside workshy wage thieves under a clueless puppet isn't going to advance his career. He's better staying away from HMFC until quasi-normality resumes.

He's like the gable end of a crisp, dont think that many people have seen him play and now he's a possible saviour.

I dont know whats worse, some of the vitriolic abuse handed out to young players or building, an undoubtedly talented lad, up to the messiah on the evidence of a couple of games in the 2nd Division.

Seen him play and dont think he's any slighter than Deek 'the tramp' Riordan when he first 'shot up' in to the hibs side.

Seen him play and dont think he's any slighter than Deek 'the tramp' Riordan when he first 'shot up' in to the hibs side.

I would say he is, but its also about strength. The physical nature of the game etc. Some of the guys mentioned like Shaun Wright Philips are surprisingly powerful.

Some of the views are interesting on here given that two Hearts heros of the modern age both played their debut games when they were in their mid to late teens! ......... And both made their mark in a period when we were relegation candidates.

Some of the views are interesting on here given that two Hearts heros of the modern age both played their debut games when they were in their mid to late teens! ......... And both made their mark in a period when we were relegation candidates.

One had a slightly fuller build tho. As I remember it was more in the 1st Division rather than when we were relegated.

Mcgowan and Templeton Ok

Visconte has been average for the 19's this season and isnt anywere near the first team

As Much as that would be the supporters "WANT or WISH" the fact that until we have exited this turmoil period at the club this idea could actuallt do more harm than good. There would be too much pressure on the youngsters to perform possibly at a level that they are not ready for. Can you imagine some of the youngsters getting the MIKO treatment? They would be on edge all the time and prob not play to their potential.

The fact also that if Frail decides to play the youngster on saturday, the new manager (NOT HOLDING MY BREATH!!!) starts on the monday and the youngsters get punted back out the team! This would effect their moral.

Also can you imagine in Templeton's situation of getting first team football all be it at a lower league club but all the same competative first team football, chucking it cause Frail calls him up to first team, New man comes in and finds himself back into non competative reserve team! Does the lad no favours!

IMO if we can dig ourselves out this mess and at least be completely safe from relegation and when romanov announces that Frail has the job till the summer, this will be the time to get the youngsters in and at least start building for next season. The players coming in will have it all to play for and might even give this season's regular first team players a kick up the erse!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Nearly every team in the SPL has blooded youngsters and been successful at it.

I'm certain we would give them the support they need. We understand football and would understand the situation they are in.

I for one an sick of watching this sh*t.

Saying that, our set up will probably turn them into amateurs, just like it has every other player we have.

Nearly every team in the SPL has blooded youngsters and been successful at it.

I'm certain we would give them the support they need. We understand football and would understand the situation they are in.

I for one an sick of watching this sh*t.

Saying that, our set up will probably turn them into amateurs, just like it has every other player we have.

I agree that something must change and at the moment the convier belt of talent produced by our club seems to have jammed. Its obvious that the training is not working as certain players are coming over being unfit.

The problem is here that something somewhere has to give but again blooding the youngsters at the moment is not the answer. Id rather hope that with the appointment of a new manager that the players would get an immidiate lift.

Archived