Takis Fyssas

Walter Kidd

blondejamtart

Can only agree with you there. Takis was a class act, both on and off the pitch, and I feel he still had a lot to offer the team.

Why oh why oh why did we let this man go?

He should have been captain for the next 5 years.

Spot on. The man oozed class from every orifice.

Champions League, la la la la.... :o

I absolutely agree. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and now I think I would have preferred to keep him over almost any of the players we were gutted to lose. He was worth ten Rudi Skacels and at least five Julian Brelliers.

Agreed, he was slowing slightly but he had the brain to stay in the game for another couple of seasons.... he's not getting his game at the mo is he?

He didn't have the pace left to play full back but we could've kept him on in the centre of defence; and as a man of stature; he would have helped our current situation no end.

I remember his debut at Tannadice. Bang: 3-0.

When we were Kings, Walter.

Buffalo Bill

You want to have your cake and eat it. You can't pay this man's big wages and still expect Vlad to pay for all our other stars like Miko, Ksanavicius and Beniusis' :rolleyes:

Some had to go :mad:

I don't think that Vlad for all his big talk could afford to pay players like Takis any longer.

Vlad asked him to say for a couple of years more, to help the development of the younger players. Takis wanted to play games so that he could play for greece in the euro 2008, fair enough. Nothing but respect for the man, unlike other players he was not quick to stick the dagger into the club once he left.

His wages were too high for a club of our size. He was magnificent for the first four months but I feel his form deteriorated significantly after that and he was no longer anything like value for money.

He didn't have the pace left to play full back but we could've kept him on in the centre of defence; and as a man of stature; he would have helped our current situation no end.

I remember his debut at Tannadice. Bang: 3-0.

When we were Kings, Walter.

Buffalo Bill

When we were Kings indeed my friend.

agreed 100 percent what the **** was that about

Best overall Romanov signing IMO.

The OP is saying what I continually said before he was released.

He was not past it, and he would have been an imperious captain

Archived