En-ger-land!

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

Would it bother anybody too much if England were to get their act the gether and actually win it! Must admit in past tournaments I've willed them to get beat,no so much the players themselves as individuals but the media and commentators this time round a really don't think it would bother me,they win,they will have deserved cos they can't fluke a win in this tournament,there's good teams in it!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I was born in Edinburgh but both my parents are English and I live down here now so I'm always in for an England win. Can't see them doing it though.

Skippy Doodle

I don't mind this current batch of players especially with a few spurs lads in it

Could never want a team with Cole and Terry to win in the past though

I'm going to back them using some of my winnings from the Scottish Cup.

I normally back on events I don't want to happen although I actually do fancy them to do well this time.

scottish_chicP

Imagine the media, commentators and pundits. For that reason no ta.

Hammered in the semis would be dandy...

Surely you mean narrowly losing a penalty shootout in the semis?

Me, I want to see any of the underdogs do well. Another result like 2004.

Heard the first blast of Three Lions in Glasgow earlier. I think they'll do pretty well but their defence will let them down eventually.

underwaterwoodwelder

Sky sports news england

Talk sport england

Media still bums them up big time and for that reason I'm out.

I agree with some comments already there defence isn't good enough to win it however I do enjoy watching them even better watching them loose tho.

I hope they get pummelled in every game. Might make the semis if they get a favourable draw in the knockouts

Seem to be to ignore them fairly easily

probably helps media is 50% about brexit

England win and it's oot apparently

Maiden Gorgie

Imagine a year that Hibs win the Scottish Cup and England win the Euros

Football-wise it is supposed to be my biggest nightmare ever.

But, I really don't give a ****.

Maiden Gorgie

edit - looking forward to new signings, new strips and HMFC announcing their record breaking ST sales.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Tokyo Drifter

Never going to happen

Mind you I said that about The Flumps winning the cup ...

if you support a football team you automatically have a team that is your natural rival and for whom you hope win sweet fa and get humped as often as possible. For Hearts its Hibs and for Scotland (wales and northern Ireland) its England. Personally I hope England lose every game.

The Internet

I still want England to lose every game, but I think Hibs winning the cup has desensitised me to this kind of thing. Won't be too bothered if they win it.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Time to resurrect an old favourite?

4660875830_60d18243f6.jpg

That is only a concern if you watch/listen to it.

Some might find this strange/odd but i've not seen the Cup Final goals...well, one...the last minute header...let alone the game.

I had no inclination to watch it. As for the Euros, i'll watch as many games as possible and if England win....switch off and let the dust settle. 

Simples.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

This - unfortunately.  When tournament is on, want them to progress as more interesting.  But I'm planning on living for around another 30-40 years and would rather not hear about it every one of those days if they win it.

The media are bad enough anyway

winning might calm them down a bit

however a Deli Alli red card and or an opponent to vilify will probably give them more to interest them

I was going to bet on this annus horribilis scenario a couple of months ago but didn't get my act together.

I think England will be there or thereabouts.

10 years ago I'd have been devastated if they won anything. Right now I couldn't really give a stuff. If they win it then they will have deserved to win it. Fair play. I wasn't that fussed about Hibs either.

Having said that, 10 years ago I lived in England and the hype and the endless flags got very wearing. Now I live in Wales and I'm finding their excitement more annoying, though entirely understandable.

jamtartan74

For the simple fact I will be at Wembley in November the thought of them winning it and letting us know all about it is a little off putting to say the least, that said though, this current group of players are pretty bloody good and I fear they have an outside chance. Feck England hope they get pumped rotten every game. Hope that helps.

willie wallace

The Hibs of international football so a penalty shoot out defeat in the quarter finals will do for me.

Bazzas right boot

England are like Hibs to me atm-

an irrelevance,

don't want them to win, if they do, meh.

when they get beat it puts a smile on my face.

Won't ruin or make my day either way.

I don't care enough to start a thread on them, but care just enough to answer on it.

They won't win it anyway, imo they aren't good enough.

Some might find this strange/odd but i've not seen the Cup Final goals...well, one...the last minute header...let alone the game.

I had no inclination to watch it. As for the Euros, i'll watch as many games as possible and if England win....switch off and let the dust settle. 

Simples.

That is my strategy for these kind of events as well.

No point in getting upset just ignore it and find something else to do.

I always watch the England matches with the sound down.

Jambos_1874

I actually don't mind England. I follow the EPL so know their players and am used to seeing them week-in-week-out; that's not the case with any other country competing in the tournament. BUT, the media make me want them to get absolutely rogered in every game they play. It is absolutely painful. Say what you like about the Tartan Army, but we/they follow the team through good and bad whereas there seems to be a bizarre seasonal patriotism in England which is linked to competing in the World Cup or Euros.

It'll most probably be the usual - massive hype, then blasted out by the first decent team they meet.

I used to be "anyone but England".

Roared with relief when they were turfed on pens by Germany (West) in 1990 and again in 1996.

Couldn't care less now.

Whether it's maturity, indifference or Scotland's devolution (and inevitable independence ?), I'm not really sure.

Rudolf's Mate

Simples.

Pretty much my feelings tbh.

I also don't have an issue with the media just because they big up their team. Despite wanting them to do well, it doesn't stop me from laughing my ****** off when the wheels come off!

Michael_Jackson

I think for once they are actually underrated. Going with players in form rather than big names who under deliver.

I feel for Drinkwater though.

I always support England

Have a lot of English friends and am quite happy if they do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Findlay

My first wife is English. My two eldest children are English. My two granddaughters. Support England at football. Not as long as I live and breathe. Just the way my DNA is.

I will be supporting whoever is playing them.

Supporting England would be like supporting Hibs.

Rudolf's Mate

You don't half talk some pish!

You don't half talk some pish!

England are our local rivals in international football.

Rudolf's Mate

England are our local rivals in international football.

As no doubt many others wouldn't, I wouldn't dream of support Hibs. Period! Like many others on here I've got family members who are English and it's pretty easy to get behind them to a certain extent. It's something I'd never ever contemplate for Hibs. 

I get what you're saying re local rivalries etc. 

Will anyone give up their season ticket and never watch hearts again if England win it.

Anyone?

The Real Maroonblood

Correct.

Archived