Would you rather?

feedthefox

feedthefox

So to get us started....

Kept Keatings over Reilly?  Eckersley before Juwon? King before Cowie? Gomes and let Pallordo go?

Maybe none them are where we want to be but it does pose some questions..

feedthefox

So to get us started....

Kept Keatings over Reilly?  Eckersley before Juwon? King before Cowie? Gomes and let Pallordo go?

scott herbertson

King for Cowie ( at the time would have kept eckersley but hindsight says Neilson was bang on, but the replacement is not good enough). Keatings and Reilly a bit meh - neither is good enough for us IMO. Gomes probably bit only with hindsight  - surprised at how pish Pallardo has been this year

Keatings was crap when he was with us and is a Championship player.

Eckersley was injured for the majority of the season.

King and Cowie are not like for like. King has the tendency to hide when things

are not going the teams way.

Gomis and Pallardo in a midfield crammed with talent already

with Djoum and Kitchen were both surplus to requirements in my opinion.

So in summary I probably would have only kept King but only because we had no idea

Sam would go off the boil or that Jamie Walker would have been out injured

for a huge chunk of the season.

So to get us started....

Eckersley has been injured all season. Why do people keep saying we should have kept him ? Juwon has been a disappointment but at least we have been able to get him fit to play.

Keatings is struggling to get a game for a lower league team. What makes you think he would get any more game time in the Premiership ?

The others I'm not fussed either way.

I would rather you got the spelling correct for our players names before answering the question. It is Morgaro Gomis not Gomes.

However I would have preferred Keatings to Reilly and Eckesley to Juwon. King and Cowie I think we could do better than both of them.

What does pose a question is, are you shitting yourself for that knock at the door ? Know a boy who is looking at 6 months, just because he had his picture taken digging up turf.

So to get us started....

Kept Keatings over Reilly? Eckersley before Juwon? King before Cowie? Gomes and let Pallordo go?

its Gomis & Pallardo

So to get us started....

Thought you had a point until you hibsed it at the end there!

Gomes and let Pallordo go? Eh, no.

:o

Bazzas right boot

Eck was injured, so no point in keeping him.

Reilly is a good team player but needs a better striker alongside him. Team plays better with him in it, IMO.

I did like Keating's but probably not the right character for Hearts tbh.

Osh has been very poor, needs to massively improve or be punted, nothing but a liability ATM.

Gomis and pallardo have been too slow and ponderous, need replaced.

King should stay to give us rotation and option's from the bench.

feedtheroman2

Knowing what we know now about Keatings, I would keep reilly all day long.

Preferred eckersley over Juwon, imagine him and Patterson being used as wing backs???

Preferred King over Cowie too if for no other reason other than pace and work rate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

If you had asked me awhile ago I would have said keep Eckersley but having seen Pallardo so short of pace in this league I feel it could have been a similar scenario with Eckersley. Gomis too looks short on the reaction time needed to cope at this level and Keatings and Reilly both look championship standard. Out of the list King is the only one I would keep but Cowie could come good with a good pre'season although I am still to be convinced that he improves the team.

queensferryjambo

I don't see King and Cowie as comparable players style wise. Cowie will come good IMO and if King is good enough he will be back next season.

Reilly only turn 23 the other week so I will give him a bit more time. Keatings was decent for Hearts but would only give a comparison if and when Keatings ever plays in the Premiership.

Reilly's performances this year have often spurred the team on and allowed us to press faster.

I don't see Keatings offering that at all.

Keatings may be a goalscorer so the better comparison would be Juanma who I would take over Keatings every day of the week

None of the players we have let go in the last two years were good enough for Hearts.

None of the players we have let go in the last two years were good enough for Hearts.

Correct

I would rather you got the spelling correct for our players names before answering the question. It is Morgaro Gomis not Gomes.

However I would have preferred Keatings to Reilly and Eckesley to Juwon. King and Cowie I think we could do better than both of them.

Sorry wavydavy, couldn't let this pass. :)

Archived