Gomorrah

vegas-voss

mrmarkus1981_1

I just went back to this. Only on series 2, a few really slow episodes but enjoying all the same

1 hour ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

I just went back to this. Only on series 2, a few really slow episodes but enjoying all the same

Now you can watch it through to the conclusion. Watch the side movie L'immortale between 4&5 to get the whole picture :)

Outstanding series. Loved every minute of it.

Went to start this last night, Season 1. Downloaded onto my skyq box to be faced with subtitles. Is the whole program subtitled ? Don’t mind if so but I’m sure I seen an advert for it and it was in English. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Went to start this last night, Season 1. Downloaded onto my skyq box to be faced with subtitles. Is the whole program subtitled ? Don’t mind if so but I’m sure I seen an advert for it and it was in English. 

Yeah it's all Italian bar the odd meeting here and there

22 hours ago, Dazo said:

I've watched a few of the "making of Gomorrah" episodes and on one of the episodes they were talking about the popularity of the show, they showed dubbed clips in a few languages, including English. So it must be available somewhere, it's possible it might be on DVD releases though, not sure.

4 minutes ago, jim747 said:

I've watched a few of the "making of Gomorrah" episodes and on one of the episodes they were talking about the popularity of the show, they showed dubbed clips in a few languages, including English. So it must be available somewhere, it's possible it might be on DVD releases though, not sure.

Cheers, the mrs said it was on the itv hub in dubbed English but I couldn’t see it. 

On 16/03/2022 at 23:10, Greedy Jambo said:

Still to watch the new season, it's better than the sopranos for me. 

Gomorrah is great, but it's not even close to The Sopranos for me. Nowhere near the same richness of characters. 

The guy that plays Genny is certainly no Gandolfini either. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Gomorrah is great, but it's not even close to The Sopranos for me. Nowhere near the same richness of characters. 

👍

28 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think it may depend on whether you watched it in the original language or dubbed. I loved it all (as I did with the Sporanos), and I also watched the program on the making of La Serie. The production crew and writer spoke a lot about the dialogue being the street dialogue of Naples - very different from accepted Italian. I suspect watching it dubbed would be a bit like watching Trainspotting in BBC English. Bound to have an impact on the characterisation. Unfortunately that means anyone who hates subtitles is going to miss out - a lot.

1 hour ago, Greenbank2 said:

I think it may depend on whether you watched it in the original language or dubbed. I loved it all (as I did with the Sporanos), and I also watched the program on the making of La Serie. The production crew and writer spoke a lot about the dialogue being the street dialogue of Naples - very different from accepted Italian. I suspect watching it dubbed would be a bit like watching Trainspotting in BBC English. Bound to have an impact on the characterisation. Unfortunately that means anyone who hates subtitles is going to miss out - a lot.

I certainly don't watch it dubbed.

• 2 weeks later...
McGlynn The Money

Watching the whole thing again from the start, ****ing brilliant. Amazing the change that happens to Genna in the first series.