Gomorrah

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Outstanding so far again.In fact is there such a thing as a bad episode of this show.

Edited by vegas-voss

Private Hudson

Spot on. The acting is phenomenal. It's one of those series that leaves me wondering what the characters are doing while I'm sat at work. Then I remember it's not real.

Tbh ive actually thought the second series has been really slow compared to the first series,also alot of random new people without any backstory in how they are involved

vegas-voss

Love the series. I'm with Ciro! Genna seems wimpish to me? Great character acting.

They are both despicable

Its what i like there are no good guys.

AlphonseCapone

Love the series. I'm with Ciro! Genna seems wimpish to me? Great character acting.

Ciro would kill his own daughter if it got him power, despicable man.

Hope Genny mans up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
robroy1874

Tremendous series yet again. Especially when you know the true story behind Saviato, the writer of the book

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Excellent series. A mate recommended it and I've watched them all in a couple of weeks.

crunchy frog

I am ashamed to say I misread the title of this thread as Gonorrhea and thought it was people sharing their STD stories.

Dirty mind, dirty duvet

The Future's Maroon

I was playing golf yesterday with a mat who highly recommends this series, so I will download it. 

He also mentioned something else, Corleone (spelling could be wrong), says its even better than this?

William H. Bonney

I was playing golf yesterday with a mat who highly recommends this series, so I will download it. 

He also mentioned something else, Corleone (spelling could be wrong), says its even better than this?

That was on sky arts i think. I've heard good reports about it.

The Future's Maroon

That was on sky arts i think. I've heard good reports about it.

Yeah he said it is miles better than Gomorrah. Also, he can get it on demand through Sky Arts no problems as a Sky customer, but I'm a Virgin customer and its not there for me....weird! (Showbox should have it though).

William H. Bonney

Yeah he said it is miles better than Gomorrah. Also, he can get it on demand through Sky Arts no problems as a Sky customer, but I'm a Virgin customer and its not there for me....weird! (Showbox should have it though).

I struggle to believe there is anything on tv right now better than gomorrah. A truly outstanding show.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I struggle to believe there is anything on tv right now better than gomorrah. A truly outstanding show.

I agree,but I'll definitely be checking out Corleone.

I've no really looked at the thread as I've down loaded Series 2 but not seen series one  SKY wont let me for some strange reason

Anyone got a link for Ser/1... thanks

I am ashamed to say I misread the title of this thread as Gonorrhea and thought it was people sharing their STD stories.

Dirty mind, dirty duvet

I have never heard of this. I only joined the thread as I misread the title.

Not alone at least.

AlphonseCapone

I watched Corleone a few years ago when it was on. I love Gomorrah but I think your mate is right, Corleone is even better but only just.

fabienleclerq

I prefer Gomorrah to corleone. Gomorrah is a modern take on the Mafia and corleone starts a lot earlier. Both good tv.

I've no really looked at the thread as I've down loaded Series 2 but not seen series one  SKY wont let me for some strange reason

Anyone got a link for Ser/1... thanks

That's very strange - i have Series 1 and 2 available currently on SKY demand for download

That's very strange - i have Series 1 and 2 available currently on SKY demand for download

I'll try again but i think its something to do with HD when downloading as I dont have that with SKY well not yet

I paid SKY  an extra ?2 a month so I could down load the series... well worth it, Gomorrah was phenomenal, hopefully more to come

Now for Corleone

Italian Lambretta

Absolutely brilliant series.

My best tv viewing over the last couple of months. Looking forward to series 3 when it comes out next year.

Private Hudson

Absolutely brilliant series.

My best tv viewing over the last couple of months. Looking forward to series 3 when it comes out next year.

There a third series planned? The last episode seemed pretty much to put the tin lid on the story arc?

Remnants of Standards

Series 3 and 4 still to come.

Really?! Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Say What Again

Ciro would kill his own daughter if it got him power, despicable man.

Hope Genny mans up soon.

He won't have to worry about that now :(

Fantastic series.

I agree with whoever above saying there are no good guys. I totally agree, but always seem to find myself rooting for Ciro for some reason. He's evil ***** just like like the others.

Hope it's right about seasons 3 and 4. There's nowt ion IMDb about it being in production etc.

Marinella though.... :heartpump::wub:

1193927_620x410.jpg

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He won't have to worry about that now :(

Fantastic series.

I agree with whoever above saying there are no good guys. I totally agree, but always seem to find myself rooting for Ciro for some reason. He's evil ***** just like like the others.

Hope it's right about seasons 3 and 4. There's nowt ion IMDb about it being in production etc.

Marinella though.... :heartpump::wub:

1193927_620x410.jpg

http://release-date.info/tv-series/gomorrah-seasons-3-season-4-release-date-483982834/

• 2 weeks later...
Heartsmad1874

Loved the first season of this but as mentioned earlier in the thread too many new faces with no real storyline in series 2 slowed it down, Although the season finale was simply outstanding

Turkishcap

Loved Boardwalk Empire and 17 years late I have just finished watching all 6 series of The Sopranos (Only found out James G died a few years ago). So how does this compare to these two shows? 

Very different styles. Gomorrah is bleak and brutal and the story arc covers both the series so far. Excellent tv but not many lighter moments.

Heartsmad1874

Really enjoyed this, season two ended with a bang! Every character is completely ruthless.

Season 2 finale just makes me think what are they gonna do next, Is Ciro gonna come back to rule or is Genny going to take control again. Exciting times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Heartsmad1874

luckyBatistuta

Very different styles. Gomorrah is bleak and brutal and the story arc covers both the series so far. Excellent tv but not many lighter moments.

Bleak and brutal, just like a lot of Naples. Really is a fantastic series and can't wait for 3 & 4 now. Got to go and give this Corleone a try, now that I've finished this.

Edit: just tried to find this on Sky and Kodi and nothing. Where did the guys who've watched this, get it from?

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Loved Boardwalk Empire and 17 years late I have just finished watching all 6 series of The Sopranos (Only found out James G died a few years ago). So how does this compare to these two shows? 

Gomorrah is a totally different beast! 

Boardwalk and Sopranos, ( which I also enjoyed ) are like American candy compared to Gomorrah. The Wire series was a better reference point which was well conceived in its time.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Steak said:

Nearly finished s5. Dark as ever!

I’m struggling to get into season 5 . I need to really concentrate  and set aside a few Hours to get into it as it is a great series 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m struggling to get into season 5 . I need to really concentrate  and set aside a few Hours to get into it as it is a great series 

I'm 7 in and it's been non stop dark action as per. Nothing like it out there

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Steak said:

I'm 7 in and it's been non stop dark action as per. Nothing like it out there

Yes I’ll get into it soon 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Still to watch the new season, it's better than the sopranos for me. 

😄

3885F309-9D09-47CD-AFCD-BC8BADA911BC.gif