?600,000 Damage minimum

JamboJohn1874

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they get around ?115k for winning the cup, plus they have to pay up to ?50k more than that for damages. Surely ?165k is the maximum they will have to shell out.

If ?115k is what they would get for winning, then ?165k looks like the sum they could be fined as per rule 12 (IF we're interpreting it correctly).  That doesn't, however, account for third party actions that might be taken, eg the equipment stolen form the pitchside photographer that Gasman mentions.

This is all speculation.  It's what we do.  But I'd imagine that the Hibs board started budgeting for next season with SC money in mind.  If that were to be taken away from them... and with no parachute payment for YEAR 3 in the Championship... and with sub-10k crowds hardly bolstering the coffers from the season just gone... who knows what might happen?  Something we can all tick-tock about as the picture starts to become clearer.

The Treasurer

They can lie through their teeth and say they are not bothered about it blah blah blah but when the dust settles they will start to feel it.

They will realise they cheated themselves out of the best day of their lives and made their club look like the trampy institution it is.

I thought the area I live would be bedecked in green and white with flags hanging from all the scabby flat windows but there's nowt, absolutely nowt.

They will never admit it but they know deep down what a shop front they have made of this.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

There's a few of them live in my street and surrounding area but I've not seen sight of a single one of them since Saturday.

As for their punishment, my guess would be a fine of around ?100k and/or all prize monies.

What will happen with regards to paying for damage etc is anybody's guess but either way it will have an impact on their budget for next season

I take my hat off to our Lochend friends.  Plenty of material here to keep my interest during the close season.

Just hope the enquiries don't grag on as long as the Griffiths racism ones.  Find them guilty.  Bankrupt them.  Job done.

Rudolf's Mate

I take my hat off to our Lochend friends.  Plenty of material here to keep my interest during the close season.

Just hope the enquiries don't grag on as long as the Griffiths racism ones.  Find them guilty.  Bankrupt them.  Job done.

I have to agree. Within minutes of the final whistle them winning was irrelevant and has become nothing more than a minor incident. Never thought them winning would see me having to get more popcorn in :pleasing:

tommythejambo

I think it'd be funny if they got hammered.

But this is exactly like one of their threads over on .net that we used to rip into.

Jambof3tornado

But this is exactly like one of their threads over on .net that we used to rip into.

I dont remember us ever invading the pitch at our national stadium, assaulting people and causing damage.

Classless vermin scum

tartofmidlothian

If ?115k is what they would get for winning, then ?165k looks like the sum they could be fined as per rule 12 (IF we're interpreting it correctly). That doesn't, however, account for third party actions that might be taken, eg the equipment stolen form the pitchside photographer that Gasman mentions.

This is all speculation. It's what we do. But I'd imagine that the Hibs board started budgeting for next season with SC money in mind. If that were to be taken away from them... and with no parachute payment for YEAR 3 in the Championship... and with sub-10k crowds hardly bolstering the coffers from the season just gone... who knows what might happen? Something we can all tick-tock about as the picture starts to become clearer.

Good post. I don't want them in admin, because tick tocking is a bit Hibs and that would let them clear the decks. Anything which hinders their promotion chances is hilarious, though. Like you say, a 165k bill sounds realistic if that much damage was caused.

tartofmidlothian

I take my hat off to our Lochend friends. Plenty of material here to keep my interest during the close season.

Just hope the enquiries don't grag on as long as the Griffiths racism ones. Find them guilty. Bankrupt them. Job done.

More twists and turns than the Rangers megathread. I'd guess that bills for damage could be made as soon as the estimates are in. The investigation will need to be completed in good time before their first European game, that question will need to be answered by then.

I don't expect Leveson levels of detail, it'll probably be wrapped up on a month or less.

The Treasurer

More twists and turns than the Rangers megathread. I'd guess that bills for damage could be made as soon as the estimates are in. The investigation will need to be completed in good time before their first European game, that question will need to be answered by then.

I don't expect Leveson levels of detail, it'll probably be wrapped up on a month or less.

If it has to be sorted before the first round of the Europa ,it will all need to be done and dusted before the blazers go on their holiday junket,  sorry I meant "fact-finding mission" to the Euros which kick off in just over two weeks

They could always get a bank loan to pay any fines and damages.......................................................................... Oh wait !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott herbertson

They could always get a bank loan to pay any fines and damages.......................................................................... Oh wait !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or they could dip into the ?1.4 million their fans are putting in every year.

Oops, wrong team

Nookie Bear

Oops, wrong team

Chortle.

Nookie Bear

There is an element of overkill about all this but, in fairness, the season has finished, no signings are imminent, the Euros are yet to start...what else is there to do except fan the flames of hibs demise?

Any fines will severely impact on their already tight budget for next season. I never wanted them to win the cup but if it means they flounder in the 2nd division for another couple of years, I can take that.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Or they could pay it out of the 13,000 ST money they get and the sell-out crowds at every home game.

Oops, wrong team.

Heartsofgold

I wonder if the company that provided the LED billboards for Hampden happen to be the same company with a contract for Fester Road?

Armageddon

The Hampden beaks will have insurance ... Rod Petrie will find a way to fund this by other means within the SFA!

In the current situation of the 2 ugly sister games returning it would be hilarious is they used Hibs as an example to show those 2 what could happen should they ever attempt the same.

Hibs will be fined ?100k - ?50k suspended

Rangers will be fined ?50k - ?25k suspended

Vlad calls them monkeys and was fined ?20k haha

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Good news down Lochend way.  Their application for legal aid has been approved, and counsel for the defence appointed....

SNA1625AN_280_804761a.jpg

I dont remember us ever invading the pitch at our national stadium, assaulting people and causing damage.

Classless vermin scum

Perhaps not at the National Stadium, what about the Neil Lennon incident to name but one!

We_are_the_Hearts

Perhaps not at the National Stadium, what about the Neil Lennon incident to name but one!

Aye because one person is the same as what happened on Saturday!!

Aye because one person is the same as what happened on Saturday!!

Not what I said, but come on, whilst we can gloat at their likely punishment for way over the top acts, we are not without our fair share of muppets as well.

Unfortunately the SFA seem to punish us more so than any other club for similar complaints. It will be interesting to see how they deal with both Hibs and Sevco, cannot see them being banned from next years competitions nor Europe to be quite honest, big fine suspended for a year!

AlimOzturk

And they never destroyed any property although they did attack the man I bus. Christ Hibs could be utterly hammere

scott herbertson

And they never destroyed any property although they did attack the man I bus. Christ Hibs could be utterly hammere

..also they 'jostled' and 'taunted' the opposition players , and there seem to have been no fights with the opposition fans. Seem to be very similar incidents with the Scottish Cup final one being worse in terms of violence and property damage. 

The SFA are no doubt looking for a way to minimise any action against Sevco while hammering Hibs. Bet Petrie is wetting himself trying to get any action against Hubs watered down.

punkrockcroc

Edinburghs Shame

Nothing to do with Edinburgh they're from leith as they never tire of telling us unfortunately Edinburgh will be tarred with the same brush.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good news down Lochend way. Their application for legal aid has been approved, and counsel for the defence appointed....

SNA1625AN_280_804761a.jpg

:lol:

:thumbsup:

socrates82

The problem is the fine is because it was Villa's responsibility to maintain security. In the cup final's case it was the SFA.

They have to fine themselves basically! For us this is all win-win-win - the Rangers support getting shown up for what they are (as well as the hooligan element of the Hibs support), the comedy value of Hibs Hibsing their cup celebrations, and embarrassment for the SFA.

socrates82

The Hampden beaks will have insurance ... Rod Petrie will find a way to fund this by other means within the SFA!

In the current situation of the 2 ugly sister games returning it would be hilarious is they used Hibs as an example to show those 2 what could happen should they ever attempt the same.

Hibs will be fined ?100k - ?50k suspended

Rangers will be fined ?50k - ?25k suspended

Vlad calls them monkeys and was fined ?20k haha

?100,000

Rudolf's Mate

Genuine question. If that had been us and the day played out exactly like that. Do we show total restraint?

Not going to lie, I'd ****ing explode with rage if they came anywhere near our end :angry:

japanjambo

Oops, wrong team

:chinese:

Back to 2005

Can Hibs as a club be held liable for damage to the electronic boards? I'd like to think so but doubt it somehow.

The Gasman

Can Hibs as a club be held liable for damage to the electronic boards? I'd like to think so but doubt it somehow.

I'm not sure how a court may view it from a legal perspective, but as its up to the Clubs to manage how and who they sell their tickets to, there's at least a case to be considered.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'd say so, the rules shown on this thread suggest that they can and also it is established practice for clubs to pay for damage caused by their fans. Celtic payed for damage at Tynecastle this season

I'm not sure how a court may view it from a legal perspective, but as its up to the Clubs to manage how and who they sell their tickets to, there's at least a case to be considered.

Those response for managing the venue, I'd imagine would have some responsibility too, though perhaps they could then take it up with the club(s).

BelgeJambo

As a possible gauger for Rangers, Celtic were fined 13000 euros for flares at Fenerbache IIRC. Add sectarian singing and field encroachment I would estimate around 20 grand for them.

No idea where they begin with Hibs but I would say upward from 100k

avhudtheteeshirt

Over-enthusiastic euphoria, surely, not malicious or criminal on purpose! 

:Aye:

Honest your Honour, a wiz jist walking oan the park and the next thing these goal posts lifted me up??????

Sandy Clark

Genuine question. If that had been us and the day played out exactly like that. Do we show total restraint?

Not going to lie, I'd ******* explode with rage if they came anywhere near our end :angry:

Explode with rage is fine but would you go onto the pitch and start fighting? Thankfully we'll never know. I am surprised Rangers fans didn't go on in more numbers to be honest.

queensferryjambo

I am surprised Rangers fans didn't go on in more numbers to be honest.

The 92nd minute goal took care of the majority of their support. They headed for the exits as soon as the ball hit the net.

If the fine doesn't exceed ?500,000 then the game in this country is well and truly down the shitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13732136

I hate to give you the bad news but the game in scotland has been down the shitter for many years, aided and abetted by the sfa/spl/spfl and their bias towards the ugly sisters.

Hibs will be punished for what happened, of that there is no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how far the sfa will go.

maroonlegions

I hate to give you the bad news but the game in scotland has been down the shitter for many years, aided and abetted by the sfa/spl/spfl and their bias towards the ugly sisters.

Hibs will be punished for what happened, of that there is no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how far the sfa will go.

but it will be interesting to see how far the sfa will go.

All the way up their sun dont shines..

punkrockcroc

Guys did we not rip the pish out of Hibs re their letters to Lithuania etc.....

And the point is what exactly?

Victor Meldrew

The way I read it is that the SFA will deduct costs from the money that the responsible club is due to receive from the competition. In the event that the costs exceed the money due, the SFA can demand the difference from the club, up to a maximum of ?50k. 12.8 looks fairly standard and says that the ?50k can be changed from time to time. In other words you can alter 12.8 without having to open up the rest of rule 12 for further debate.

I think that's the correct interpretation of the rule.

Archived