?600,000 Damage minimum

JamboJohn1874

JamboJohn1874

Chick Young in radio just now suggesting the Led advertising boards that were destroyed during the pitch invasion by Hibs supporters were worth ?600,000.

That is excluding the pitch, turf and thefts from camera men etc.

The book has to be thrown at Hibs.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamboJohn1874, on 23 May 2016 - 6:45 PM, said:

Chick Young in radio just now suggesting the Led advertising boards that were destroyed during the pitch invasion by Hibs supporters were worth ?600,000.

He probably read that on here

deanmillar

I believe he's not far of the mark with that price

Nucky Thompson

Lovely, this gets better and better. Looking forward to how this pans out

AlimOzturk

If this is true and they have to pay that back along with a fine they could be royally screwed

Jambof3tornado

They will raise that in no time from all the extra season tickets they will sell on the back of their historic victory in the cup.

I believe he's not far of the mark with that price

?600,000 quoted in todays Scottish Sun as well!

This is going to be fun. The fine could easily wipe out any money earned from the final,funds that are vital to that lot's survival.

Only Hibs could Hibs a cup final win and end up putting their club through the shitter.

They will raise that in no time from all the extra season tickets they will sell on the back of their historic victory in the cup.

Not if they are to ban all the pitch invaders they won't lol

Jambof3tornado, on 23 May 2016 - 7:01 PM, said:

I believe they are running a poll on Hobo.net to see how many will chip in to cover any fines :tiny:

If Chick Young told me it was raining I would look out the window before I reached for my coat.

I believe they are running a poll on Hobo.net to see how many will chip in to cover any fines :tiny:

They'll need a few bake sales for that.

jambogemz, on 23 May 2016 - 7:13 PM, said:

They'll need a few bake sales for that.

yep hardly any fans at games and yet they think they can cover fines :tiny:

As I said when this was mentioned earlier today on another thread, I'm surprised the company that own the advertising screens don't have some sort of insurance policy to cover their property. 

That said, even if they do Hibs should be ensuring they aren't out of pocket in any way, e.g excess on policy. 

As I said when this was mentioned earlier today on another thread, I'm surprised the company that own the advertising screens don't have some sort of insurance policy to cover their property. 

That said, even if they do Hibs should be ensuring they aren't out of pocket in any way, e.g excess on policy. 

I'm sure they do but there will no doubt be a provision that where the cause of the claim is clear and can be claimed back they are obliged to do so.

mahgrassyshoes

If Chick Young told me it was raining I would look out the window before I reached for my coat.

More the fool you, I'd just grab my sunglasses instead.

mahgrassyshoes

Hope it's more successful than their whip round to buy their club :lol:

duckandcover

This is probably the only time I've been happy with the mass hysteria from all the Weegie press. Have a feeling the SFA will throw the book at Hibs.

The Gasman

I think I'm right in saying that the company is owned and run by a Hearts fan....

....and while I'm sure they will be insured, and will claim on their insurance - my guess is that the insurance company would be looking to get their money back by taking action against those it feels are responsible.

Pants Shaton

Hope it's more successful than their whip round to buy their club :lol:

Tregs. Maybe Fish can do a gig.

I think I'm right in saying that the company is owned and run by a Hearts fan....

....and while I'm sure they will be insured, and will claim on their insurance - my guess is that the insurance company would be looking to get their money back by taking action against those it feels are responsible.

Suppose it depends if they're even covered for malicious or even criminal damage etc maybe only accidental cover.

luckyBatistuta

Criminal damage and the criminals should be made to pay.

I would imagine the prize money would be an easy target to withdraw.

Damage done should be paid for on the whole and that should be the starting point.

Then you look at any other penalties if required

First things first though a full investigation is required

Suppose it depends if they're even covered for malicious or even criminal damage etc maybe only accidental cover.

Over-enthusiastic euphoria, surely, not malicious or criminal on purpose! 

:Aye:

fabienleclerq

If this was at Tynecastle would we not be in trouble and not hibs?

So is it not the sfa who were in charge at Hampden?

Back to 2005, on 23 May 2016 - 8:25 PM, said:

Hibs fans were always very keen that we should honour our debts...

but not their own...BOS

If this was at Tynecastle would we not be in trouble and not hibs?

So is it not the sfa who were in charge at Hampden?

The Rules.

28. Disorderly Conduct
The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and
any person carrying out a function at a match on their behalf.
In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a
consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting
on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in
the reparation of same.
The Scottish FA shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining
responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Judicial Panel impose upon any
club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Judicial
Panel, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club?s representatives or those associated with it
(Rule 6 refers).

fabienleclerq

The Rules.

28. Disorderly Conduct

The clubs are responsible for the behaviour of their players, officials, members, supporters and

In the event of damage being sustained to a stadium where a tie in the Competition is played as a

consequence of misbehaviour by a player, official, member, supporters, or any other person acting

on behalf of or associated with a club, then that club shall be responsible for any costs arising in

the reparation of same.

The Scottish FA shall have the power to request such reports as may be necessary in determining

responsibility for restitution and may additionally through the Judicial Panel impose upon any

club a censure, fine, ejection from the Competition or suspension if, in the opinion of the Judicial

Panel, a stadium is the subject of damage by that club?s representatives or those associated with it

(Rule 6 refers).

Good stuff.

The Rules.

28. Disorderly Conduct

the reparation of same.

(Rule 6 refers).

I didn't have any dessert tonight but those rules will suffice.

Delicious reading!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I didn't have any dessert tonight but those rules will suffice.

Delicious reading!

Very sweet indeed.  Someone better tell Ann that ?40k for some extra polis looks like a bargain!

And Jackie Chan is calling out copyrights on some of the attempts at martial arts from Vermin mups.

Footballfirst

Competition Rules

12. Semi-Final and Final Ties

12.1 The Semi-Final and Final Ties shall be under the direct control of the Board who shall make all of the arrangements therefor.

12.2 Without prejudice to the foregoing generality, each of the clubs participating in the Semi-Final and/or the Final Ties, respectively, shall be liable for any damage caused to the

stadium at which such a Tie is played (?the Stadium?) by that club?s supporters, acting with malicious intent or recklessly.

12.3 All costs and expenses incurred by the venue operator at whose ground the relevant Semi-Final or Final Tie is being played in repairing the damage caused to the Stadium or

otherwise to reinstate the Stadium shall be deducted from the financial proceeds of the Competition normally payable to the participating club referred to in Rule 12.2 by the

Scottish FA and paid to the venue operator at whose ground the relevant Semi-Final or Final Tie is being played.

12.4 Any dispute as to whether the damage referred to above was caused by that club?s supporters, acting with malicious intent or recklessly, shall be determined by the Scottish

FA, who shall act as an expert and not as an arbitrator, whose decision shall be final and binding on the club and whose costs and expenses in reaching such determination shall

be met from that club?s share in the financial proceeds of the Competition as aforesaid.

12.5 The costs of repair or reinstatement will be determined by an independent contractor, who shall act as an expert and not as an arbitrator, whose decision shall be final and

binding on the club and whose costs and expenses shall be met from that club?s share in the financial proceeds of the Competition as aforesaid.

12.6 Each club authorises, instructs and mandates the Scottish FA to pay the costs of any damage or repair, so determined, to the venue operator at whose ground the relevant

Semi-Final or Final Tie is being played, together with any costs payable under Rules 12.4 and 12.5 out of that club?s share in the financial proceeds of the Competition as

aforesaid.

12.7 In the event that the club?s share in the financial proceeds of the Competition as aforesaid is less than the aggregate amount of the costs referred to in Rule 12.3 to Rule

12.5 (both inclusive), the club undertakes to indemnify the Scottish FA against, and to pay within 7 days of a written demand, an amount equal to the amount by which such

aggregate amount exceeds the club?s share in the financial proceeds of the Competition as aforesaid.

12.8 The aggregate amount of any sums paid to the Scottish FA under this Rule 12 shall not exceed the sum of FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS (?50,000) Sterling exclusive of VAT (or

such other sum as is specified in the Rules from time to time).

I'm not sure how the ?50,000 fits into the equation i.e. whether it is in addition to other costs or a limit on costs.

scott herbertson

The Rules.

28. Disorderly Conduct
the reparation of same.
(Rule 6 refers).

They're screwed

So, its a ?50k fine plus they pay for the damage and it's deducted from prize money.

So, no prize money.

Competition Rules I'm not sure how the ?50,000 fits into the equation i.e. whether it is in addition to other costs or a limit on costs.

The way I read it is that the SFA will deduct costs from the money that the responsible club is due to receive from the competition. In the event that the costs exceed the money due, the SFA can demand the difference from the club, up to a maximum of ?50k. 12.8 looks fairly standard and says that the ?50k can be changed from time to time. In other words you can alter 12.8 without having to open up the rest of rule 12 for further debate.

Radio Ga Ga

The way I read it is that the SFA will deduct costs from the money that the responsible club is due to receive from the competition. In the event that the costs exceed the money due, the SFA can demand the difference from the club, up to a maximum of ?50k. 12.8 looks fairly standard and says that the ?50k can be changed from time to time. In other words you can alter 12.8 without having to open up the rest of rule 12 for further debate.

That's exactly how I read it.

Radio Ga Ga

So, its a ?50k fine plus they pay for the damage and it's deducted from prize money.

So, no prize money.

Think it is two fold, pay for the damage in full PLUS a fine and any sanctions that the SFA impose, I think their fine will be a lot further north than ?50k IMO

The SFA will be under severe pressure from the irate Buns to hammer Hibs. The SFA will already be reluctant to impose serious, non-financial penalties on Hibs because it is most certainly open to question as to what Hibs as a club could have done to prevent the actions of the tramps. As an example, to withdraw Hibs qualification to the Europa League or to suspend them from the 2017 Scottish Cup would probably result in a legal challenge.

To that end, going superfly TNT, the guns of the ****ing Navarone on their ass with the damages and fines seems like the ideal 'get out' for the SFA. They'll probably be hoping the financial cost of all the damage rises higher and higher.

Hibs are set to lose a baw busting amount of cash.

I wouldn't bet on there being a fine that's anywhere near ?600k. We'll be lucky if it exceeds ?100k.

Radio Ga Ga

I wouldn't bet on there being a fine that's anywhere near ?600k. We'll be lucky if it exceeds ?100k.

Are you not getting mixed up with the bill for the damage, plus the fine?

It would be truly hilarious if finally winning the Scottish Cup put them into administration.

Archived