tartofmidlothian

That pitch invasion

redm

I thought the invasion looked like a good laugh but been reading the comments of some journalists who were there and they said there was some really ugly stuff. Who wins a cup and celebrates by attacking folk? Who even does that?

I don't think it's just sour grapes from Rangers, sounds like people really were attacked. Lee Wallace included, apparently.

maroonlegions

Fully expect that the daily record photographer was in the dressing room and if any players are marked the it will be front page all week.

Aye front page of black eyes. 

Spencer

And it begins, the Daily Ranger starts the ball rolling..

post-10250-14638480839819.png

Maybe they should initiate an investigation into the 11 clowns on the pitch with Rangers tops masquerading as professional football players

maroonlegions

There's a massive difference between running onto the pitch in celebration, and running on to chib the opposition players.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a pitch invasion. There is everything wrong with running onto the pitch to assault someone.

99% of people that ran onto that pitch today done it to celebrate. The other 1% went on to break things and hit people.

I didn't insinuate in any way, shape, or form, that assaulting people wasn't anything serious, so you deserve that :facepalm: right back.

Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion ,well for one it breeches health and safety issues ,  your club faces unnecessary fines  but feck it..  :uhoh2:

MacDonald Jardine

I suspect the media frenzy from the west coast media will be lining the SFA up to removearrow-10x10.png Hibs from the Europa cup and put Rangers in their place.

Oh get a grip.

Ray Gin

I thought the invasion looked like a good laugh but been reading the comments of some journalists who were there and they said there was some really ugly stuff. Who wins a cup and celebrates by attacking folk? Who even does that?

I don't think it's just sour grapes from Rangers, sounds like people really were attacked. Lee Wallace included, apparently.

Just don't understand it. Why would you taint what should have been such a happy and momentous moment for club by attacking people? I'm sure the vast majority were just on to celebrate but the scummy element of their support has to go and ruin it for them. Lee Wallace is a Hibs fan ffs.

You didn't see Hearts fans acting like this in '98. Utterly classless.

Edited by Ray Gin

1874robbo

Has the losing team in a cup final ever been unable to go up and receive their medals due to safety?

1874robbo

Oh get a grip.

I suspect he's being sarcastic so I think you need to get a grip.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So what does "I would still be on the pitch if it was us." mean?

Who is "us"?

You aren't that stupid, I'm sure you know what I meant.

The Frenchman Returns

First punch Wallace took, allegedly

Ci_xdHDXEAAHcVa.jpg

The Old Tolbooth

Classless scum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

You aren't that stupid, I'm sure you know what I meant.

I suspect so but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

What's the cut off point for pitch invasions? 100 years? 80?

the big show

ffs Kenny Millar punched clean out then booted to **** and they are claiming he is ours now , aye hibs class all right the guy was lying out sparkled .

amadjambo

I'm not suggesting that the attacks on Rangers players didn't happen, but I saw no evidence of it on TV. There were plenty Rangers players making their way off the pitch through Hibs fans without any visible incident.

If it did happen then it is appalling and hopefully the police will be able to identify and prosecute the culprits.

Maybe I'm too cynical of our media, but just because they say something has happened doesn't mean that it has.

Natural Orders

ffs Kenny Millar punched clean out then booted to **** and they are claiming he is ours now , aye hibs class all right the guy was lying out sparkled .

What, really? Quite shocking if true

amadjambo

Really? Where did you hear/read that?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Maybe they should initiate an investigation into the 11 clowns on the pitch with Rangers tops masquerading as professional football players

Or maybe the singing of songs by their fans that should be consigned to the dark ages.

amadjambo

First punch Wallace took, allegedly

Ci_xdHDXEAAHcVa.jpg

Ok, that's worse than what I saw on TV. Doesn't look good at all.

Masonic

lol at people crying about the fans invading the pitch

RussAsia

Or maybe the singing of songs by their fans that should be consigned to the dark ages.

thats right.. because if the fans sing bad songs their players deserve to be assaulted

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

And it begins, the Daily Ranger starts the ball rolling..

post-10250-14638480839819.png

Hibs will be rightly punished for this, I'm sure.  But this statement simply demonstrates the arrogance and selective memory of OF, when they choose. 

Or did the disgraceful behaviour in Manchester not really happen?

jamie1874

Centre of Glasgow will be fun shortly I'd imagine

Not just the city center, around Hampden. Brother in Law was at game and called to say it had all kicked off outside

Seeing your team Win the cup for the first time and the firsts thing on your mind is to fight, attack players and invade the pitch, hibs class

Geoff Kilpatrick

Examples of this "crying" please?

Ray Gin

Have Rangers issued a statement yet about their own disgraceful supporters setting off a series of smoke bombs and singing sectarian songs?

Footballfirst

There is no "Strict Liability" policy in place in Scotland, so I can't see the club being sanctioned.

maroonlegions

Strip these low lifes of the cup fecking vermin scum bags..

Craigieboy

Listen, you can't criticise those who went on for the sheer joy of it. I thought it looked good.

I'd be pissed off at no lap of honour if that didn't take place and it is a bit trampy.

But you've got to understand the emotion involved.

No time for those swinging punches though. Tranps.

the big show

Really? Where did you hear/read that?

i can assure it happened .

Nucky Thompson

Only Hibs could taint a Cup win like this, set Scottish football back 30 years and be a laughing stock after winning.

Oh Hibs :lol:  :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is no "Strict Liability" policy in place in Scotland, so I can't see the club being sanctioned.

:laugh:

The vermin will get fined and deservedly so.

maroonlegions

Nope, assaulting players  and staff is the grievance here.  Imagine young kids witnessing that,,

the big show

Have Rangers issued a statement yet about their own disgraceful supporters setting off a series of smoke bombs and singing sectarian songs?

NO . But they have issued a statement regarding the 6 players that were attacked by hibs yobs and coach Davie Weir being attacked .

heartsfc_fan

Only Hibs could taint a Cup win like this, set Scottish football back 30 years and be a laughing stock after winning.

Oh Hibs :lol::lol:

True :D

All roads lead to Gorgie

thats right.. because if the fans sing bad songs their players deserve to be assaulted

The hibs fans were a disgrace but it is a bit rich coming from a club that turns a blind eye to the singing of sectarian songs and its own record of bad behaviour over the years.

Swarlos

It feels hard to take and I don't feel good right now. But What are we going to do about it? Seems to me people just condemning the pitch invasion to make themselves feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? Why is it hard for you to take?

Doesn't affect us, they still have **** all over us.

maroonlegions

Hibs fans have just Hibsed it on their team  winning the cup...Oh Hibs.. 

LeithJambo

Yeah they have and they also said you were a cok

Geoff Kilpatrick

The hibs fans were a disgrace but it is a bit rich coming from a club that turns a blind eye to the singing of sectarian songs and its own record of bad behaviour over the years.

Whataboutery doesn't apply here.

amadjambo

Listen, you can't criticise those who went on for the sheer joy of it. I thought it looked good.

I'd be pissed off at no lap of honour if that didn't take place and it is a bit trampy.

But you've got to understand the emotion involved.

No time for those swinging punches though. Tranps.

Agreed. I can understand why the pitch invasion took place. Hibs fans have been repeatedly kicked in the teeth for years and now they have finally achieved what seemed impossible. Emotions will be running sky high, and rightly so. There's no excuse for any violence though. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as some are suggesting.

Kiwidoug

Must say this has cheered me up no end.  Massive fine and a 5 year ban from the competition would do me.  Not to mention being withdrawn from Europe.

Hope they are also investigating the sectarianism from the Rangers mob and afford them a similar punishment.

Debut 4

It was only a matter of time before a full on invasion from the Vermin Forces after many campaigns and short skirmishes of military precision over the years.

LeithJambo

Agreed. I can understand why the pitch invasion took place. Hibs fans have been repeatedly kicked in the teeth for years and now they have finally achieved what seemed impossible. Emotions will be running sky high, and rightly so. There's no excuse for any violence though. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as some are suggesting.

Hopefully it was and they all get deported

Ferryjambo99

Invading the pitch would be fine if they had a laugh and a dance and went back into the stands.

But assaulting players is completely unacceptable and they should receive a massive fine and deservedly so

Mister Dee

Strip the trophy from the vermin.

Tazio

The Kenny Miller thing came from a series of satirical tweets. 

The last one of which was about Hibs fans throwing his unconscious body in the air as they chanted that he must die. 

You know, like a joke. Admittedly not very funny but not factual.

Edited by Tazio

Malinga the Swinga

I am sure that is these assaults took place, then there will be photographic or film evidence. Until then, there is only rumour and you cannot convict on that.

Sorry, I do not believe the Millar being knocked out story, as if this had happened, it would be all over the media. If it turns out to be correct, then Hibs will be hammered with fines and the guilty parties should be arrested, convicted and jailed.

Taffin

It will be interesting to see if hibs hand out any bans to those uploading picturew of themselves on the pitch to social media.

JamboCampbell

There will shortly be some shocking videos coming out, its about to get a lot worse for them!

the big show

Was not as bad as some suggesting Kenny miller being sparkled straight out then them booting into him . a hope they get the book thrown at them when the police get a grip of them .

All roads lead to Gorgie

Whataboutery doesn't apply here.

Anyway lets move on and see what punishment awaits one or both clubs.