New Strip

keithyboy1975

Are collars and V necks exclusive to the seventies?

No they are not, but combined they have that look. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mn2amx.jpg

:wow:

Breathtaking, out there, zany and unusual. Perfect awak kit.

slashishere

You do know were all going to be hugely disappointed now after those magnificent efforts by Ray!

*i do hope to be completely wrong btw.

OmiyaHearts

You do know were all going to be hugely disappointed now after those magnificent efforts by Ray!

It'll need to be much much better than this seasons top to even be slightly acceptable. Totally underwhelmed having Puma as kit designer.

Diadora Van Basten

It'll need to be much much better than this seasons top to even be slightly acceptable. Totally underwhelmed having Puma as kit designer.

It's not just the design the fit for the kids strip was atrocious.

The v neck was far too big and the shorts were too short and didn't have ties.

The last time I bought something that poor was at East Fortune Sunday market.

Unknown user

I always wondered why teams were called Dynamo (or Dinamo) and Lokomotive and I believe that the Dynamo teams tended to be linked to the state, either military, police or both and Lokomotive teams tended to be linked to the industrial workers unions.

Shaktars originated as miners' teams too

Pistol1874

Correct. Utter rubbish.

Rick Grimes

I bet you're not wrong. I bet you a lot....     :lol:

Салатные палочки

Would love that maroon and white striped one as a home shirt just for one season. Would shake it up a wee bit. Piss off the traditionalists but I think it would look class. Just for one season though.

Sent from my Blade III using Tapatalk

Bunny Munro

It's not just the design the fit for the kids strip was atrocious.

The v neck was far too big and the shorts were too short and didn't have ties.

The last time I bought something that poor was at East Fortune Sunday market.

Ties would look silly without a collar IMO.

Bunny Munro

I like a plain maroon home top, but I do like something different on the away the silver looks lovely.

As an asidez does anyone remember the reserve keepers kit from 4/5 years ago? The main keepers kit was the hideous luminescent one, but the other one was gold and black and looked very smart. Kello wore it most weeks (this may have been to avoid wearing the luminescent one though) Be good to see a return of something similar for the keepers this year. 

I'm another one who doesn't rate Puma kits.

Probably going against the grain but I'd actually quite like to see us go with New Balance or Macron. I don't mind their designs.

I like what new balance hace done with the Liverpool home kit this year I would love for us to go back to umbro

Silver and white one with silver or white shorts that's your winner

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is an oldy but a maroon tartan would look good I reckon

post-29882-14636768098657_thumb.jpg

Bungalow Bill

This is an oldy but a maroon tartan would look good I reckon

The Neil Berry testimonial strip, wonder what the thinking was behind having a tartan strip for the game.

Always wondered how Neil Berry's testimonial committee managed to get Lyon as opponents, yet Levein's got the mighty Coventry City!

The Neil Berry testimonial strip, wonder what the thinking was behind having a tartan strip for the game.

Always wondered how Neil Berry's testimonial committee managed to get Lyon as opponents, yet Levein's got the mighty Coventry City!

I've still got that kit in my parents loft somewhere. I was a mascot and my Dad was on the committee. 

Can't remember how they chose the kit. Will ask him next time I see him. 

They got Lyon through Rousset, who had connections back home with them.  

hughesie27

I have no confidence in PUMA providing us with a decent kit after this seasons 50p tissue paper effort.

letsalllaughathobos

I have no confidence in PUMA providing us with a decent kit after this seasons 50p tissue paper effort.

This, puma is the worst kit possible in modern football

kingantti1874

This, puma is the worst kit possible in modern football

Joma? macron? Errea? Not worse than them surely?

Although I will agree the stuff is pretty shit... Back to adidas please

BroughtyJambo

Never wear strips now since a knackered knee stopped me playing five a side but I look at my collection hanging in the wardrobe and this seasons puma top really stands out as rubbish.

However take the stunning 2014-15 strip out of the list and review our last few strips, the quality has been going downhill for a while, doesn't matter who has made it.

Material all Pulling around the badge is one of my pet hates.

Mind when we had the game where the young players modelled possible variations on a strip. Why not do the same again. Hearts announce that the following season a new strip will be released and like on here half a dozen variations are presented and we get to cast a vote?

Unknown user

Never wear strips now since a knackered knee stopped me playing five a side but I look at my collection hanging in the wardrobe and this seasons puma top really stands out as rubbish.

However take the stunning 2014-15 strip out of the list and review our last few strips, the quality has been going downhill for a while, doesn't matter who has made it.

Material all Pulling around the badge is one of my pet hates.

Mind when we had the game where the young players modelled possible variations on a strip. Why not do the same again. Hearts announce that the following season a new strip will be released and like on here half a dozen variations are presented and we get to cast a vote?

IIRC the last time we did that we ended up with the errea v-neck that looked shit in real life and sold poorly

I know and appreciate that this means a lot to younger supporters.  For me, I couldn't care less if they were wearing the mother in law's nighties if they were banging in the goals against the OF and laughing in their faces in the process.

For what it's worth though, I like the stripes.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Been far worse than this year's. Errea were our worst mistake. Macron is the modern Errea. Nike would be good but I suspect we are commercially better off with Puma than the big two

Bungalow Bill

I'm clearly in the minority but I don't see what's wrong with Macron as a kit manufacturer. They seem perfectly good to me.

Macron seem ok these days - I think they are essentially New Balance? The quality is there even if some of their stuff is out there.

Puma are producing shite quality kits however and are living off their big name reputation. I hope we ditch them when the contract expires.

I'm clearly in the minority but I don't see what's wrong with Macron as a kit manufacturer. They seem perfectly good to me.

Macron have upped the anti in recent years. They have been producing good quality material rugby gear. My only real beef is that their sizing is all over the place! For anyone XL with Macron you need to go up to XXL at the very least and that is for casual Polo shirt type wear and not the figure hugging team shirts.

Puma can still make decent kits, for example the Italy away top for Euro 2016 is beautiful, but they do produce some pure shite as well.

Hopefully they'll get ours right.

I'd have Macron over PUMA in an instant. I know a Motherwell fan and the kits are crisp, clean, decent designs with good quality - and the training gear is great. The rugby stuff they do looks pretty solid and I really don't get why folk don't like them. Check out their recent releases and I think you'll be surprised.

Some folk liken them to Errea and Warrior - but I think thats unfair to be honest

letsalllaughathobos

Fair point, would like to go back to adidas

All the moaning about Puma simply attracts all the posters wanting to join the crowd most of whom never even buy the strip anyway.

The other factor to be taken into account is money....all this harking back to the past seems to forget the deal we have dwarfs any deal we had with Adidas. The success of our team is impacted by the finance we can bring to the club so would all the moaners be happy to finish lower to live the Adidas dream ?....I doubt it.

Puma are a decent strip manufacturer and just look at the number of teams they supply.

I'll grant that last seasons v neck was not the best but had that been fixed it would have been a decent effort.

Looking at this seasons international strips manufactured by them there would be one or two that would be great in our colours and I'm sure mock up's would support this.

Oh and the strip thickness is the same whichever manufacturer you have. The strips are mostly made in the same factories no matter the badge on them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'd have Macron over PUMA in an instant. I know a Motherwell fan and the kits are crisp, clean, decent designs with good quality - and the training gear is great. The rugby stuff they do looks pretty solid and I really don't get why folk don't like them. Check out their recent releases and I think you'll be surprised.

Some folk liken them to Errea and Warrior - but I think thats unfair to be honest

Leeds have Macron, it is utter sh*te. Of course I am right :lol:

Leeds have Macron, it is utter sh*te. Of course I am right :lol:

Yeah... of course.. err..  :rolleyes2:

Sh*te in what manner? Quality? Design? Range?

The problem as I see it is that kit manufacturers tend to over design each year. What we need to see is plain simple designs that you can associate to each respective club, irrespective of kit producer. For example Celtic, hoops. Hibs, white sleeves....Hearts, solid maroon with white pipping, Sunderland and Newcastle, stripes ...etc. Some of this years output is eye bleeding to say the least.  

The problem as I see it is that kit manufacturers tend to over design each year. What we need to see is plain simple designs that you can associate to each respective club, irrespective of kit producer. For example Celtic, hoops. Hibs, white sleeves....Hearts, solid maroon with white pipping, Sunderland and Newcastle, stripes ...etc. Some of this years output is eye bleeding to say the least.  

They need to look different so that people want to buy the latest kit every year.

Nookie Bear

They need to look different so that people want to buy the latest kit every year.

But they can only tweak the previous effort because the base colour has to remain the same. There is no reason why Ra Gin's striped effort cannot be a goe-er but the seethe on here would be massive.

If Bayern Munich can play around with it then I am sure we can, however I would rather we kept the same home shirt for at least 3 years (and ***** about with the away kit all they want)

Phil Dunphy

These threads go a long way to showing how shite some peoples tastes actually are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived