Sam Nicholson

Kramer

Has he improved since the summer of 2014?

Why so many sub appearances? Is the manager restricting his progress?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'll bite.

Yet another thread with one aim.

To stir up the shit and the negativity.

His performances, mince that they are currently, are mentioned many times elsewhere.[/quote

Has he improved under the current management Jonno. Who's buying him if he can't get a game for us?

Sam is a pretty poor player in general who can ocassionally produce something magical. Christie would be a good replacement though I guess he would rather waste his career on the Celtic bench/stand than come to us.

jambogemz

Seems to be quite strong rumours that he's unhappy and wants away. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case as he's not really kicked on in the manner we had hoped.

Let's just hope if he does move on it doesn't come back to bite us.

alanthejambo

Sam started the season really well and his form has faded towards the end of the season. He is only 20 and effectively 2 years behind Walker. I am sure he will work hard over the summer and come back better and stronger next season

Clerry Jambo

He's away end of season

Shame but he has been posted missing for a while now

Here's what will happen

Start of next season, Sam will turn out to be the player we all hoped he would be, he will be on fire.

He will obviously refuse to sign a contract extension and we will sell him to one of the ugly sisters for a nominal fee or whatever development fee we can get for him, you can add Callum Paterson to that to probably.

amadjambo

He actually went past a man yesterday for the first time in 2016. Unbelievable.

I refuse to believe this.

Here's what will happen

Start of next season, Sam will turn out to be the player we all hoped he would be, he will be on fire.

He will obviously refuse to sign a contract extension and we will sell him to one of the ugly sisters for a nominal fee or whatever development fee we can get for him, you can add Callum Paterson to that to probably.[/quote

I would love to get money for either of them from the old firm.

Like so many others players he will be totally bemused and annoyed at the tinker man and his gaffer. Jokers are choking the club!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I'll drive him to any team that offers >?1.50 for him and we can get a proper footballer in to replace him.

Seems like a huffy wee bairn ,

I'd give him a kick up the erse .

Comes across like an immature wee laddie. His lack of physical development would lead me to question his work ethic and attitude.

He's been a passenger for months now

1874robbo

Is he? Why?

Don't know his reasons why but I do know he's not happy and will be away.

Don't know his reasons why but I do know he's not happy and will be away.

Any idea where to?

Seems to be lacking something at the moment, not sure what it is.. but hasn't hit the heights of earlier in the season.. I don't think his strength is on the right at all. There's no doubting there's a player in there but hasn't progressed as hoped. 

duckandcover

His celebration after scoring against Hibs in the cup was absolutely disgusting and certainly not what's expected of a Hearts player. Lost a bit of respect for him after that, a proper legend like Robbo should have pulled him aside and told him what it means to play for Hearts.

Seems to be quite strong rumours that he's unhappy and wants away. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case as he's not really kicked on in the manner we had hoped.

Let's just hope if he does move on it doesn't come back to bite us.

Sam was at the FOH plot ceremony today presenting some of the certificates, he stepped in at the last minute as another player could not attend, he looked far from unhappy, and was having a laugh and a joke with Perry Kitchen and the fans that where there, no idea if he is unhappy at Hearts but he looked far from being unhappy at his work today.

Far from sure we have been getting the best of players like Nicholson and Walker. I would be looking to free them from as many defensive duties as possible and get them the ball quicker.

They both get the ball too deep and with very few options. How often do they get a pass like Djoum's to Buaben for the goal yesterday?

Livvyjambo

Far from sure we have been getting the best of players like Nicholson and Walker. I would be looking to free them from as many defensive duties as possible and get them the ball quicker.

They both get the ball too deep and with very few options. How often do they get a pass like Djoum's to Buaben for the goal yesterday?

Great post best young player at club were not getting best out of

mahgrassyshoes

Agree with this, particularly for Nicholson. Nicholson doesn't have the pace to run a full back from the half way line. He needs to get one on one with a full back about the 18 yard box, that's when he can do most damage.

As for him not improving, there was a massive improvement between last season and the start of this season. He was unplayable at the start of the season, looked like he had become stronger and quicker. He had certainly regressed the second half of this season, but I'm not sure that can be landed solely at the managements door.

loveofthegame

Heard him and Neilson don't get on but was just pub gossip. Hope it isn't true, Sam is capable of becoming a real class act, bags of ability (even though I agree he's been poor of late).

Yes but did he have the ball  :sunny:

Just joking, I did actually spot that just before I fainted from the shock.

Heard him and Neilson don't get on but was just pub gossip. Hope it isn't true, Sam is capable of becoming a real class act, bags of ability (even though I agree he's been poor of late).

With any luck they can come to a mutual agreement and both leave :lol:

Seems like a huffy wee bairn ,

I'd give him a kick up the erse .

I agree.

Said to my mate months ago hes strutting about like hes made it.

And i was always a nicholson fan.

Thinks hes a top boy.

Hes in for a shock .

Hes needing to work out andvwork at his game because this will be his highlights.

Really has annoyed me lately.

Hope yer reading this sam stop being a wee *****

They dont move off the ball cleverly enough.

In fact the whole team has got static.

Another Billy King. Just not good enough, not strong enough, lacks pace and he is hopeless defensively.

I don't see him being around Tynecastlke for much longer.

Marooned in Sec Z

Another Billy King. Just not good enough, not strong enough, lacks pace and he is hopeless defensively.

I don't see him being around Tynecastlke for much longer.

Hopless defensively?.....that shouldn't be a concern as hes on the park to create and score goals.

Had high hopes for Sam when he broke into the team and still do. On his day he's a fantastic player with bags of ability.

Captain America

Sam was great at start of last season but faded away towards end and the same has happened this season. 

1st game against St Johnstone he was outstanding.

Kind of player who can produce something out of nothing but only when he in the mood.

He still young so hopefully gets head down and comes back stronger next season.

Currahee!

I think letting King go to Rangers allowed him to take his foot off the gas a little.

No pressure from behind so didn't need to be at his best.

An excellent player when he's on it.

Sam was at the FOH plot ceremony today presenting some of the certificates, he stepped in at the last minute as another player could not attend, he looked far from unhappy, and was having a laugh and a joke with Perry Kitchen and the fans that where there, no idea if he is unhappy at Hearts but he looked far from being unhappy at his work today.

Yep.  If Sam's unhappy he's a very good actor. He answered a few questions quietly and sensibly, didn't hide disappointment in his own and the teams recent performances but seems to be looking forward to a rest and then the new season.

Jambof3tornado

I think letting King go to Rangers allowed him to take his foot off the gas a little.

This. Just tell the lad to go beyond his man and cross the ball. Cuts inside everytime just now and it slows things down.

Hector Riva

:spoton:  

We_are_the_Hearts

Huge season for him next year. Was outstanding in the Championship but still to prove it in the top league. My first concern this season was against Everton and how weak he looked. He really needs to work on his upper body strength and power over the Summer.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think a lot of the team are looking washed up whilst other teams are looking fresher than us right now. We should maybe tailor the training a bit next season to ensure that high energy players like Sam don't burn out two thirds into the season. It comes across like that to me more than he is disillusioned but who knows.

Hopless defensively?.....that shouldn't be a concern as hes on the park to create and score goals.

Had high hopes for Sam when he broke into the team and still do. On his day he's a fantastic player with bags of ability.

He is a midfielder not a centre forward, allude platers must have defensive responsibility otherwise we would get torn to shreds every game. Sam is an outstanding young prospect but like Jamie Walker before him, he needs to work on his defensive game as well as being stronger going past a man

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

He is a midfielder not a centre forward, allude platers must have defensive responsibility otherwise we would get torn to shreds every game. Sam is an outstanding young prospect but like Jamie Walker before him, he needs to work on his defensive game as well as being stronger going past a man

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Correct. All the chat about Sam and Jamie not having to do defensive work as it tires them out and stops them pushing forward, load of pish. Other teams forward thinkers manage to defend at times!!!

Nookie Bear

His celebration after scoring against Hibs in the cup was absolutely disgusting and certainly not what's expected of a Hearts player. Lost a bit of respect for him after that, a proper legend like Robbo should have pulled him aside and told him what it means to play for Hearts.

The same Robbo who celebrated a goal at easter road by giving hibs fans a bit of Gareth Hunt Nescafe action?

Archived