'Negative Neilson'

Texia

Apart from the players being utterly shite today can someone please explain what they see that makes them think we were set up negatively?

I just can't see it, we played the same formation as previous weeks that worked. I'm really struggling to see a reason to blame Neilson.

Frank Sidebottom

Apart from the players being utterly shite today can someone please explain what they see that makes them think we were set up negatively?

I just can't see it, we played the same formation as previous weeks that worked. I'm really struggling to see a reason to blame Neilson.

Waiting until 70 mins to play with 2 strikers?

Waiting until 70 mins to play with 2 strikers?

The same strikers that he would have got hounded for starting?

Walker was, and has been, essentially playing a striker role floating around the final third.

Didn't work at inverness.

Frank Sidebottom

The same strikers that he would have got hounded for starting?

Walker was, and has been, essentially playing a striker role floating around the final third.

That may well be the case but how many chances did we create today?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

He's cautious, fearful even, restrictive, he always thinks games will be dictated by the opposition players. All of these things impress on the players. You only need to watch Hearts for 45 minutes to know this is a team that doesn't believe it can take and keep the initiative and impose itself on opponents.

FenderJaguar7

You only need to watch Hearts for 45 minutes to know this is a team that doesn't believe it can take and keep the initiative and impose itself on opponents.

Reminds me of that time we pumped 'Well 6-0 in Jan...

Did not see the game today, but you are never really sure, what Hearts turn out on the park............Overall a good season, pretty close to Aberdeen in class.   It will be interesting to see how Hearts measure up to Rangers international and possibly Hibs.........If the club got the equivalent of a school report book, it would say satisfactory, but could try harder............. :bandana:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Reminds me of that time we pumped 'Well 6-0 in Jan...

Not sure what the point is. Are you saying that result means we're not the team I described or just that we obviously have the potential to not be that team?

William H. Bonney

Not sure what the point is. Are you saying that result means we're not the team I described or just that we obviously have the potential to not be that team?

We have the potential, of that there is no doubt. Its consistency that's the key.

I'm not sure we're negative, but we have become fairly pedestrian.  There never seems to be an overlap on the wings, and when players do find some space out wide, the player with the ball rarely sees them.  Lumping long balls up to Juanma doesn't work. 

Today reminded me of the recent St Johnstone performance, with too many players just not delivering. 

Tiberius Stinkfinger

If players are on holiday and not up for it, you get beat.

We don't play negatively, its the in word for the clueless that fall over the edge when we get beat.

Again, we are very poor after a break, that is something that needs looked at.

I'm not sure we're negative, but we have become fairly pedestrian.  There never seems to be an overlap on the wings, and when players do find some space out wide, the player with the ball rarely sees them.  Lumping long balls up to Juanma doesn't work. 

Today reminded me of the recent St Johnstone performance, with too many players just not delivering. 

It's the players to blame today, not the management. 

Half arsed performances from most of them. 

The midfield are clearly told to sit and protect rather then get up and support away from home.

The same players at Tynecastle are given much more license to attack.

I'm absolutely scunnered watching us away.  Thank god that's my last away game of the season.

I just can't get my head 'round professional football players not trying their hardest to better their team's current position in the league table. 

Alexander, Paterson, Smith, Nicholson and Walker are all Hearts supporters, so why the **** are they not trying their hardest to rally the troops when we aren't playing too well. 

In a number of games the season the attitude has been all wrong. 

Neilson needs to start being a bit ruthless and kicking some backsides.

Trapper John McIntyre

Sickening acceptance of mediocrity from club, players, management and  fans.

Neilson talked big about 2nd place then shat it at two away matches (as always, as expected.)

Jerking off over clubs attendance figures  on JKB also is downright embarrassing.

One of the worst leagues in Europe and we can't get near winning it. And as for the cups...don't even go there.

Maybe a better manager could get more out of this squad; regardless, I predict we're in for a long period of non-achievement other than the odd Euro excursion that'll no doubt be short.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

We could do better, much better. If Robbie was a traditional manager then obviously it's a different story and a much more disruptive decision - although even then JJ (twice) and Csaba were let go after finishing 3rd the previous season. Joe Jordan was let go after finishing 2nd. Under our system the coach could be replaced with minimum upheaval. Something for Robbie to think about. Anyway, that's enough spewing negativity for one night, I'm off to beat the kids.

i wish jj was my dad

We have the potential, of that there is no doubt. Its consistency that's the key.

That's my take.  We have some cracking young players who can blow hot and cold. I personally think Callum could be Scotland's best player within a couple of years but he played like a pub player today.  Jamie is probably our next best and he would have been as well sitting beside me today.

Jambof3tornado

The midfield are clearly told to sit and protect rather then get up and support away from home.

The same players at Tynecastle are given much more license to attack.

I'm absolutely scunnered watching us away. Thank god that's my last away game of the season.

All of the above. Glad I dont have to waste time money and effort driving to aberdeen to drive home wishing I had stayed at home poking hot needles into my helmet instead!

Maybe a better manager could get more out of this squad; 

Maybe the squad could get more out of themselves. 

Away from home:

No tempo

No pressing

No aggression

No desire/hunger

No likelihood of more than one goal

No pattern to our play

No continuity of selection

No accountability

Piss poor.

All of the above. Glad I dont have to waste time money and effort driving to aberdeen to drive home wishing I had stayed at home poking hot needles into my helmet instead!

:D

Away from home:

No tempo

No pressing

No aggression

No desire/hunger

No likelihood of more than one goal

No pattern to our play

No continuity of selection

No accountability

Piss poor.

So true.