Game of Thrones season 6

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Saw some comments from the writers that there are likely to be only 23 more episodes of the series left to run, including season 6.

Not sure why but I was expecting a lot more than that.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Saw some comments from the writers that there are likely to be only 23 more episodes of the series left to run, including season 6.

I think the 2 Daves had said previously they saw 7 as being the ideal number of seasons, i.e. 7 kingdoms, gods, and likely to be 7 books in total

I think the 2 Daves had said previously they saw 7 as being the ideal number of seasons, i.e. 7 kingdoms, gods, and likely to be 7 books in total

Yeah, I knew that there would be 7 books although I'm guessing that 6 and 7 will be massive volumes like the last couple.

Mr Brightside

Game of Thrones - The Movie, next I suppose.

That plus back stories such as the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion.

Say What Again

I so hope that's true. Great shows have to end.

Nothing worse than... Coming soon, The Walking Dead season 24. Where some writers have been whipped into churning out more because it's selling.

Tell the story, make it the biggest show on tv if you're lucky, but end it. Folk will still talk about that show.

A young Ned Stark is part of the cast. Think we'll be finding out the truth about Jon's birth.

:pleasing:

jamboinglasgow

A young Ned Stark is part of the cast. Think we'll be finding out the truth about Jon's birth.

:pleasing:

Yup. Appears to be Bran who will be viewing the flashback. Plus all the location shots seem to suggest that scene and one of the descriptions for a new character they were looking for an actor to play was that he is the greatest swordsman in the 7 kingdoms (Arthur dayne.)

Watt-Zeefuik

I lost interest in the show, just waiting for new books at this point.  Will probably follow this season in the recaps, just to be up on the spoilers.

Right now I'm buying what the Great Northern Conspiracy folks are selling...

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Yup. Appears to be Bran who will be viewing the flashback. Plus all the location shots seem to suggest that scene and one of the descriptions for a new character they were looking for an actor to play was that he is the greatest swordsman in the 7 kingdoms (Arthur dayne.)

Yes I think I remember reading something about a location which would seem to be the tower of joy. So it'll be Bran having what was Ned's flashback in book 1 the tower of joy which is the biggest supporting evidence for the R+L=J theory

Stuart McNeill

Yes I think I remember reading something about a location which would seem to be the tower of joy. So it'll be Bran having what was Ned's flashback in book 1 the tower of joy which is the biggest supporting evidence for the R+L=J theory

What use is that theory though if Jon is dead?

Unless Jon will come back alive and be called Jon targaryen?

I'm not 100% sure what to expect this season but also lady stoneheart is meant to be appearing this season.

Regarding the episodes. It's meant to be 8 seasons?

10 this season.

7 in season 7 and

6 in season 8.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Watt-Zeefuik

I'm not 100% sure what to expect this season but also lady stoneheart is meant to be appearing this season.

10 this season.

7 in season 7 and

6 in season 8.

They're going to throw Jon on a bonfire to keep him from becoming a wight. 

If R+L=J, he doesn't burn, but gets up instead.

bajthejambo

They're going to throw Jon on a bonfire to keep him from becoming a wight.

If R+L=J, he doesn't burn, but gets up instead.

There have been images kicking about of Kit Harrington in Stark armour on set. Then again, Adam Driver was photographed in rebel pilot gear during the Force Awakens, do could be a swerve?

Mr Brightside

10 this season.

7 in season 7 and

6 in season 8.

I think Jon will come back but not in episode 1. The clip with Davos in Castle Black with Jon's body suggests they were keeping it away from the watch for a reason.

jamboinglasgow

I think Jon will come back but not in episode 1. The clip with Davos in Castle Black with Jon's body suggests they were keeping it away from the watch for a reason.

Yup, the traitor nights watch will want to burn Jons body. My prediction is he will come back in episode 4.

As for lady stoneheart, I think they are just going to put some of her story into Sansa.

kingantti1874

Jon Snow isn't dead, the red haired lady will bring him back, since the Knights watch killed him his oath is now over and he's free to do what he likes..

Say What Again

I'm surprised folk still actually think Jon Snow won't be back as, well, Jon Snow.

We've had teaser trailers focus on him, show people willing to defend his body with thier lives, and (thankfully) cast members all but confirm he won't turn into (worg? warg?) his dog.

The big is he / isn't he question still teases us all though...

If he's broon breed, I reckon there's more chance of it being because Negan killed him with Lucille.

Still can't wait for its return though!

Ps I know it's a direwolf. If you noticed, geek alert :P

Jambof3tornado

Just finished the 5th series (2nd time) plus watched the story so far which was pretty good.

Cannot wait.

I'm surprised folk still actually think Jon Snow won't be back as, well, Jon Snow.

We've had teaser trailers focus on him, show people willing to defend his body with thier lives, and (thankfully) cast members all but confirm he won't turn into (worg? warg?) his dog.

The big is he / isn't he question still teases us all though...

If he's broon breed, I reckon there's more chance of it being because Negan killed him with Lucille.

Still can't wait for its return though!

Ps I know it's a direwolf. If you noticed, geek alert :P

It's just called Ghost is it not?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

5th season was amazing. Best so far.

I watched the Hardhome battle/massacre again last night with the noise cancelling earphones in and the volume right up.

****ing immense.

I watched the Hardhome battle/massacre again last night with the noise cancelling earphones in and the volume right up.

****ing immense.

Best game of thrones sequence so far.

The end when the King reanimates all of the bodies while staring at John Snow.

:uhoh2:

bajthejambo

Best game of thrones sequence so far.

The end when the King reanimates all of the bodies while staring at John Snow.

:uhoh2:

One of the greatest moments in the history of Television. I was in awe. Spectacular!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

interesting video which picks up on the details in the background of the latest trailer

Say What Again

Read an interview with Maisie Williams today where she said that after she read this seasons script she was like 'OMG, they're preparing for the end game'.

That's what I want to hear!! This season is going to be superb! :)

Jon and Khaleesi are brother and sister IMO

Jon is Rhaegar's son, who is Danaerys' brother.

Although Tyrion is believed to be Rhaegar and Danaerys' older brother. Not sure that one is true though.

Jaime and Cersei are thought to be the offspring of Aerys Targaryen (the Mad King who Robert Baratheon dethroned) and Joanna Lannister, wife of Tywin.

This explains their blonde hair and incestuous tendencies, as the Tagaryens always married brother to sister.

jamboinglasgow

Although Tyrion is believed to be Rhaegar and Danaerys' older brother. Not sure that one is true though.

With the trailer showing Tyrion confronting the two other dragons, I think that will be sink or swim on that theory, if he wins them over then he is a Tagaryen.

I do like the idea that the Lannister children being not fathered by Tywin, as its a nice irony that a man who saw everything about the strength of his family and continuing the family name never realised that his children are even is. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

R+L=J is a fairly solid theory

there are countless other theories out there particularly on westeros.org eg the Lannister twins being the mad kings kids or Jojen Reed actually being Howland Reed. They all have a lot more holes in them than r+l=j. There was a theory out there that Robb Stark's Mrs in the book was pregnant with his child (she wasn't at the red wedding but stayed at river run) the GoT writers shot it down by having her tv alternative and the unborn baby done in during the red wedding

Watt-Zeefuik

I mentioned this above, but here's a link to my favorite of the fan theories:

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/07/04/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-the-grand-northern-conspiracy/

Mostly because I like the northmen in general, and the notion that they've all just rolled over and submitted during all this or just played along with Roose Bolton doesn't sit right with me. 

About an hour of reading in all that -- be warned.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Ooooo, this certainly isn't a slow opening! 

Thoughts on the necklace? It definitely stopped glowing so it's clearly significant. I can remember reading that Melisandre is 400yrs old. Is the necklace keeping her young looking? Maybe not though as she wasn't wearing it in the bath when she spoke to Stannis' nutty wife. So does the necklace just make her appear younger as it has some sort of power? Is she somehow transferring her power to Jon Snow through the necklace? Has she given up on her faith as she keeps getting major predictions wrong so she's chucked the necklace  aside? Is she just going to bed as she does every night and removes the necklace? No idea where this is going. Bizarre turn of events anyway.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

So, do we agree that it's acceptable or unacceptable to talk in here without spoiler tags?

Definately agree we should use them to discuss detail.

No real need for the extra "book spoiler" warning anymore

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Thoughts on the necklace? It definitely stopped glowing so it's clearly significant. I can remember reading that Melisandre is 400yrs old. Is the necklace keeping her young looking? Maybe not though as she wasn't wearing it in the bath when she spoke to Stannis' nutty wife. So does the necklace just make her appear younger as it has some sort of power? Is she somehow transferring her power to Jon Snow through the necklace? Has she given up on her faith as she keeps getting major predictions wrong so she's chucked the necklace  aside? Is she just going to bed as she does every night and removes the necklace? No idea where this is going. Bizarre turn of events anyway.

Yeah was all a bit strange. They seem to have canned the idea of Melissandre shapeshifting other people like Stannis but have revealed she does it to herself. Wonder what Davos plans will be for her. She knows that Thoros revived Beric Dondarrion so will may e chance her luck with Jon.

Wonder where Dorne will go from here. The Prince of Dorne was a shrewd man who didnt rush into wars he knew he couldnt win, Tywin was cautious of him. With him and his son dead, and no tv adaptation of his daughter, the storyline of them getting into bed with the Targaeryans seems to be done although Ellaria and the sand snakes might do the same. Im guessing we are not going to see Young Griff either on GoT

Warning: I will refuse to use spoilers to discuss the episode after it has aired. If you are going to come into the thread without being up to date then that is your own stupid fault.

First episode was decent, without being anything special. Think the main purpose of it really was to bring you up to date with the various groups, which it done well enough. Think we'll start to get in to the real stuff next week.

Ryan Jarman

That's not magic.

It's beer goggles and the outcome of many a one night stand

scottish_chicP

Didn't expect that ending. Weird one. I also agree after it has been aired (in UK) it's your own fault if you read the thread.

Archived