We need 6 new players and a manager........

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Right back

Commanding Centre half

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Striker who can play "in the hole" who has vision

Striker with pace

That is the minimum if we are going to lose the weak links.:ninja:

We'll sign Maybury I think but no news on any other signings so far. Our season is over so I think a few more points in the league and we'll be safe from relegation, then we should build on bringing through some of the youth players. Maybe Templeton.

Right back

Commanding Centre half

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Striker with pace

Aye and you'll get Frail/East European Patsy + a few loans from Pishnas and Alan Maybury

then we should build on bringing through some of the youth players. Maybe Templeton.

I agree, season is a wash out, we wont get relagated so time to start promoting a few young lads.

I agree, season is a wash out, we wont get relagated so time to start promoting a few young lads.

Aye but to do this he has to come out and say he is doing this (he wouldnt) or when we get even more bad results everyone will start blaming him etc etc etc:527:

Right back

Commanding Centre half

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Striker with pace

Add a goalie in there and we can think of third next season.

Add a goalie in there and we can think of third next season.

The first thing we need to do is clear the dressing-room of deadwood so that we could see the wood from the trees. That means losing 10-15 players who would be easily replaced in the first team squad by keen budding youngsters.

Secondly we need a midfield hardman to sit in front of the back four and a commanding centre half as the team lacks backbone, in more ways than one. That would do me until the end of the season which in terms of achievement is already gone.

Next we should decide if Frail is to be our manager or get someone with a pedigree in asap - we have had plenty of time to think about who that might be. The players and fans would welcome management stability as this apparent dithering is doing nobody any good.

Start planning now for next season and have whatever signings we need in place before pre season training starts, not at the last minute. Training methods need to be overhauled and pre season should start with 2 weeks on Gullane sands to be provide a fitness base to last the season. Those players who failed to look after themselves in the close season would be identified immediately as having questionable attitudes. One day per month top up at Gullane in inclement weather will keep up fitness levels. I am beginning to wonder if this academy with the indoor pitch is mollycoddling players to the point where they are reluctant to play in poor weather (our last decent performance was Aberdeen in good weather conditions). The indoor pitch should only be used when outdoor pitches are unplayable eg flooding/snow.

I feel better now. Rant over.

The first thing we need to do is clear the dressing-room of deadwood so that we could see the wood from the trees. That means losing 10-15 players who would be easily replaced in the first team squad by keen budding youngsters.

Secondly we need a midfield hardman to sit in front of the back four and a commanding centre half as the team lacks backbone, in more ways than one. That would do me until the end of the season which in terms of achievement is already gone.

Next we should decide if Frail is to be our manager or get someone with a pedigree in asap - we have had plenty of time to think about who that might be. The players and fans would welcome management stability as this apparent dithering is doing nobody any good.

Start planning now for next season and have whatever signings we need in place before pre season training starts, not at the last minute. Training methods need to be overhauled and pre season should start with 2 weeks on Gullane sands to be provide a fitness base to last the season. Those players who failed to look after themselves in the close season would be identified immediately as having questionable attitudes. One day per month top up at Gullane in inclement weather will keep up fitness levels. I am beginning to wonder if this academy with the indoor pitch is mollycoddling players to the point where they are reluctant to play in poor weather (our last decent performance was Aberdeen in good weather conditions). The indoor pitch should only be used when outdoor pitches are unplayable eg flooding/snow.

I agree with a lot of your prescriptions doctor.

Big strong centre half and the return of Brellier would be a big plus for me.

Then bring in Alex McDonald and his team for the fitness work in the summer!

First off we need a manager asap.That's already one cup we have lost out on because of the boards dithering and forget the pie in the sky appointments the guy Thorvadson will do for me.

I agree with a lot of your prescriptions doctor.

Big strong centre half and the return of Brellier would be a big plus for me.

Then bring in Alex McDonald and his team for the fitness work in the summer!

Forget Brellier - he gets booked too often. Neil Berry was more effective and didn't get booked nearly so often. Christian Dailly on loan to the summer would do fine meantime.

We still have the League Cup semi-final.

We've done well against Rangers so far this season, you never know.

Saying that, Dundee Utd would pummel us in the final :(

Forget Brellier - he gets booked too often. Neil Berry was more effective and didn't get booked nearly so often. Christian Dailly on loan to the summer would do fine meantime.

Brellier was sent off twice for us. Once for jewellery/dive from the Athens player and once in that ridiculous Athens match. He could keep his discipline.

I think that Neil Berry might be a bit too old now, but we could do with his commitment and effort.

Dunk-Section G

There has got to be some transfer movement from us. It is plain to see that we are not good enough to merit a top end league finish.

I won't be holding my breath for any of this. There are no player signings on the horizon and, more crucially perhaps, no sign of a new manager either.

Those reading the runes believe this season to have been "written off" by the people controlling the purse strings.

No point in throwing good money after bad and all that.

One day per month top up at Gullane in inclement weather will keep up fitness levels.

I agree ...straight out of the Malofeev's book of pre season training but the players didnae like it....I recollect Levein stating that his players moaned about all the running they had to do pre season.....but there was no complaints that it was dated just that it was bleeding hard.....get the buggers down to Gullane now ;)

Brellier was sent off twice for us. Once for jewellery/dive from the Athens player and once in that ridiculous Athens match. He could keep his discipline.

I think that Neil Berry might be a bit too old now, but we could do with his commitment and effort.

Merely giving an example that a player can assert himself and not get continually booked. Brellier may only have got sent off twice but he spent too many games walking a tightrope. Believe it or not but Aguair's record of bookings is just as bad.

Billy the Jambo

With just over 1 week to go until the window slams firmly shut we are still waiting on the signing that puppet Frail said would light up our season .Who is he going to sign the guy who does the Blackpool lights

7.5 days before transfer window closes and still no real speculation on players/management.

I reckon Frail will be appointed till end of season and the argentine Screpis will arrive and maybe a couple of Kaunas duds. Canny wait!

Its just not going to happen in this transfer window unfortunately. There's hardly any time left, so I think we need a new manager asap who can make decent team selections and motivate the players we have.

With just over 1 week to go until the window slams firmly shut we are still waiting on the signing that puppet Frail said would light up our season .Who is he going to sign the guy who does the Blackpool lights

I think Fireworks Phil is making a guest appearance.

If Frail does have full control he will show the wasters the door but maybe he doesn't want to upset VR as several of his compatriots may finish back at Kaunus. He really needs to make space before getting in newcomers and unclog the dressing-room.

Archived