Frightened Rabbit

Rab87

Started listening to these boys from a recommendation on these forums. Their latest album is sublime.

Frightened_Rabbit_-_Painting_of_a_Panic_

Edited by Rab HMFC

I was watching a film last night and one of the songs in it was quite obviously a Scottish singer, googled it and it was the singer from Frightened Rabbit who had went solo from the band.

They were top notch at the Al Hambra on Wednesday night. What a venue as well.

Actually went to see them in Hackney last night too as I was in the area. Another brilliant venue - a beautiful old church this time. Scott singing 'Keep Yourself Warm' from the pulpit was hilarious!

I was watching a film last night and one of the songs in it was quite obviously a Scottish singer, googled it and it was the singer from Frightened Rabbit who had went solo from the band.

What was the film?

letsalldothebeattie

From my hometown they used to play sets at lunchtime when we were at high school they are a great group

Hola, 

From a music industry perspective, it's kinda funny reading this thread, as the band have had a lopsided route to success - namely cracking America before they got it right back home. A long story short, they practically owned SXSW back on 2010 and were doing 3,000 theatres in the US whilst on Brighton based Fat Cat records - a label with deep  ties to new Scottish music. Now on Warners, they've upped their game with venues (Brixton Academy sold out) but the Pedestrian Verse record lost momentum. 

Seems like the new album is right back on track and I saw them at Church of St John in London and it was a total roadblock. The new material was well received and some of the classics like Head Rolls Off touched you like the U2 anthem 'Pride'. What's clear about their US success is that - as with Franz Ferdinand - American fans respect you when you tour your arse off. Both these bands hit the road hard and that really resonates with the American fans. 

@ Mods - how do I upload photos to the boards? I know how to do links to photos but I've got an ace shot of Scott at St John's Church I want to share with this thread. PM me - folks are going to love this photo. 

Deodato 

Good man. He sounds like the average JKB poster. A Hearts fan who supports Scottish independence.

:yas:

I'm sure Grant, the drummer, is a Hearts fan too. Correct?

Correct. I was stood behind him and the bass player in the queue for Hampden on the 19th May 2012.  :2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:

Been listening to them since midnight organ fight and they are now in my top 5.

Selkirk connection is pretty damn cool I believe we my mum is friends with Scott and Grants mum, or some small town trash like that.

New album is ace.?

Been listening to them since midnight organ fight and they are now in my top 5.

Selkirk connection is pretty damn cool I believe we my mum is friends with Scott and Grants mum, or some small town trash like that.

New album is ace.?

Scott is too. Or at least he was when he was at school

I asked him a couple of weeks ago about if he is a Hearts fan (he was doing an acoustic set in a shop and I got to speak to him for a couple of minutes).  He said that he would say he supports Hearts but that he lost interest years ago and Grant is the one who is really into it.  

Edited by Stanley_

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The Twist, absolutely love this song. And Poke. 

Or pretty much the entirety of Midnight Organ Fight tbf. Although Floating in the Forth has become a very hard listen. Poke, I heard for the first time after my first break up a few years ago and it just described what was going on so perfectly that I immediately put it back on and bawled the whole time 

19 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The Twist, absolutely love this song. And Poke. 

Any links to these tracks please.

Edited by Harry Potter

AlphonseCapone
27 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thanks a lot AC, i enjoyed them both.

No worries Harry. They have a lot of excellent songs.

InNothingWeTrust

You might also have heard this one.  Scott Wilson has been playing it after defeats at Tynecastle over the past couple of years (which has been most games 🤦🏻)

It's one of my favourites (out with TMOF album) along with Holy

• 2 months later...