Youth Cup final at Hampden

We_are_the_Hearts

First thoughts are that this is a nonsense decision - I could maybe see an angle that  providing the youngsters with the opportunity to play a competitive game at Hampden makes it worthwhile, but with it being on a Wednesday night and live on Alba, they have pretty much killed any hopes of a half way decent attendance - it has certainly put me off going and after the semi-final at Tynecastle I was up for it.

Disappointing, and I dont imagine Motherwell take much of a support to youth games when they have such a poor home attendance for 1st team games. So... play on a big pitch in a cavernous stadium with nobody there - hardly an uplifting experience for a developing footballer, cup final or not.

I suppose the other side to this is that the better sized venues that are better placed geographically are Falkirk or Hamilton, both of which are astroturf and that probably creates just as much debate.

They couldn't possibly have asked a West of Scotland team to travel outside of the Glasgow area for a final. It would have made much more sense to have played it at somewhere like Falkirk or even Airdrie.

They couldn't possibly have asked a West of Scotland team to travel outside of the Glasgow area for a final. It would have made much more sense to have played it at somewhere like Falkirk or even Airdrie.

motherwell isn't in the Glasgow area, it's in central Scotland , Lanarkshire same as Airdrie.

Might be the only chance some of these young lads get playing a final and Hamden, so why not.

OmiyaHearts

If I was playing I'd want it at Hampden.

Exactly.

Plus Hampden is very close to my flat.

motherwell isn't in the Glasgow area, it's in central Scotland , Lanarkshire same as Airdrie.

Might be the only chance some of these young lads get playing a final and Hamden, so why not.

It's a lot nearer Hampden than Edinburgh is. Google maps say nearly 45 miles from Tynecastle compared to 15miles from Fir Park. It has been decided anyway so nothing we can do about it.

Archived