Xenophobic abuse (title changed)

Rick Grimes

Just heard this closing out the Sportsound broadcast.

If the Neanderthal or Neanderthals can be identified I hope they are not only given a life ban but prosecuted. Just what we need when we're making so much progress on and off the park.

Unacceptable

jambowiggy1874

Sit down the front of section D and he had a go at someone for getting called Irish when he is Northern Irish? Might have been something else, but I heard that from his mouth..

FenderJaguar7

If this is true then it's despicable and hopefully the culprit is caught.

However I wouldn't believe anything that comes from that man's mouth

What on earth has he got to gain from lying about it?

Section E of the Wheatfield. A specky middle aged tit in about row 4 must have said something. Didn't hear what he said but Magennis reacted and was telling him "I'm from Northern Irelane" over and over again whatever it was he definitely took issue with it.

Interesting evidence of the recent strengthening of the Hearts brand. Cosgrove's and Tam Cowan opening off the ball with this story. Cosgrove's talks about the problem. Cowan says "we only heard about this 4 minutes ago and no doubt Ann Budge has already sorted it. She won't muck about." Nice positive spin on the story instead of how it could have gone in recent years.

Why?

William H. Bonney

Section E of the Wheatfield. A specky middle aged tit in about row 4 must have said something. Didn't hear what he said but Magennis reacted and was telling him "I'm from Northern Irelane" over and over again whatever it was he definitely took issue with it.

Sounds like he used the f word.

Hannibal Lecter

Hopefully, if the allegation is true, the person responsible will be found & dealt with accordingly. No place for idiots like this at Tynecastle or society as a whole.

Thought Police

Hopefully someone heard it and reports it. The guy can't have any pals to protect him, window licker. Racial abuse it bad enough, but Hearts must be the most racially diverse clubs in the country. How would they feel knowing that a few fans still act like this? But yeah, as has been said, Ann will go through them

FenderJaguar7

What on earth has he got to gain from lying about it?

We live in a day and age where people are condemned on the internet before there is any proof or conviction. Facebook & Twitter warriors. Probably a lot of actual racist people condemning it on such platforms taking the moral high ground just because it's Hearts. The same Hibs fans who used to call Nade Eddie Murphy.

If this did happen then I do condemn it.

I will personally await the verdict if it goes to court. It's how our justice system works

Sounds like he used the f word.

Responding with "I'm from Northern Ireland" is a bit of an odd come back if so.

Perhaps he shouted "Irish sweary-word". Would also then be racist...

dalkeithjambo

Nope, he's in row 2. It was the guy next to me.

Hopefully someone heard it and reports it. The guy can't have any pals to protect him, window licker. Racial abuse it bad enough, but Hearts must be the most racially diverse clubs in the country. How would they feel knowing that a few fans still act like this? But yeah, as has been said, Ann will go through them

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

'Window licker' ffs...

We live in a day and age where people are condemned on the internet before there is any proof or conviction. Facebook & Twitter warriors. Probably a lot of actual racist people condemning it on such platforms taking the moral high ground just because it's Hearts. The same Hibs fans who used to call Nade Eddie Murphy.

Doesn't explain why you don't believe the accuser. 

Nope, he's in row 2. It was the guy next to me.

What was it he said? I couldn't only hear Magennis talking back and then him telling Magennis to **** off.

Row 2.

Was 2 rows behind. Didnt hear fully what was said as was concentrating on the game but heard the word Irish and saw Magennis react but cant honestly say what he was subjected to.

If it was racial then he can do one.

FenderJaguar7

Doesn't explain why you don't believe the accuser.

I think he's a very questionable character.

If there was racism at Tynecastle today I trust the fans sitting close to the alleged incident will help the police bring the accused to justice.

Thought Police

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

'Window licker' ffs...

Sorry mate. I'm sure the racist is a sensible, fun-loving intellectual

FenderJaguar7

Sorry mate. I'm sure the racist is a sensible, fun-loving intellectual

So we can make fun of disabled people but not be racist? Cool story bro

Would that not be sectarian?

No. They were a political group....

Don't approve of the use of the word anyway. Because of what people mean by it.

Thought Police

So we can make fun of disabled people but not be racist? Cool story bro

Didn't know disabled people lick windows. I apologise

Hear abuse of our black players in the Wheatfield from time to time unfortunately. Buaben in particular. Still not eradicated from our game in 2016 which is pretty unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalkeithjambo

What was he saying?

I wasn't paying attention to him in particular and guess it's daft as I sit next to him but pretty sure it was words to the effect of you Irish B******. Mcgennis replied he's not Irish and that hes northern Irish.

McGennis looked back a couple of times afterwards I dare say to remember the location

MacDonald Jardine

Responding with "I'm from Northern Ireland" is a bit of an odd come back if so.

Perhaps he shouted "Irish sweary-word". Would also then be racist...

Yes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I wasn't paying attention to him in particular and guess it's daft as I sit next to him but pretty sure it was words to the effect of you Irish B******. Mcgennis replied he's not Irish and that hes northern Irish.

McGennis looked back a couple of times afterwards I dare say to remember the location

If that's the case,I'd suggest our police have more important things to do with their time ffs.

Have the roasters arrived on this thread going on about atmosphere and slating Budge about insulting our fans?

Or do we have to wait a couple of days until their brains catch up and work out how to move a finger to type some shite?

No. They were a political group....

Don't approve of the use of the word anyway. Because of what people mean by it.

Ah, yes, political not religious. My bad

Archived