Your Five A Day..?

Section Q

Say What Again

Following on from the "Indulgent Food Thread", does anybody actually eat vegetables any more....?

You've deduced from a thread a titled 'Guilty Food Indulgences', that nobody eats veg any more?

You do realise that the entries on the GUILTY Food Indulgences thread are most likely to be one offs that people eat every once in a while, and are not folks staple diet, aye? :lol:

And anyway, the answer is obvious. Of course people eat veg. Kebabs, pizzas and burgers aren't the same without them :)

You've deduced from a thread a titled 'Guilty Food Indulgences', that nobody eats veg any more?

You do realise that the entries on the GUILTY Food Indulgences thread are most likely to be one offs that people eat every once in a while, and are not folks staple diet, aye? :lol:

And anyway, the answer is obvious. Of course people eat veg. Kebabs, pizzas and burgers aren't the same without them :)

Haven't "deduced" anything.

Only asked a question, so you my friend,"deduced" wrong.

Now roll that in yer kebab & boil it!!

Салатные палочки

Don't eat as much vegetables as I should.  I like peas and carrots but I wouldn't thank you for any broccoli, cabbage or cauliflower.  

I eat plenty of salad, usually have it in a wrap with either meat or cheese each day or occasionally Ill have chicken salad for tea.  

I usually have a banana every morning or some grapes.  I would much rather eat shite every day though. 

itsnomarooned

Love veg, me. However it needs to be accompanied by meat.

Certainly like my meat (oo-er missus etc.) but trying to cut back a bit and eat more fish and also non-meat days.  Making some delicious veggie meals.

Салатные палочки

Love asparagus. Have it with toast for breakfast sometimes!

Wrong thread 

I get five a day.

Potatoes = chips

Tomato = burger relish

Cherry = cake topping

Grapes = wine

Lime = gin and tonic.

The whole 5 a day is a total nonsense anyway, it's all to do with your body, some countries recommend 3 a day, others up to 10.... some none!  Keep yourself fit with exercise, not with low carb, zero nutrition greens :)

Usually have a couple bits of fruit, fruit juice and soup each day. Don't eat much veg tbh.

Good Scottish soup must be at least three a day..

There's plenty of veg in a Vesta curry: onion, carrot, peppers (red and green) and peas.  Add to that the wee green bits in Super Noodles, and you'll find that my gourmet delight from the "Indulgent Food" thread, is pretty darned healthy.

I probably get my 5 a day most days as I tend to have soup and yoghurt at lunchtime and veggies with my evening meal. Bear in mind even if you don't like fruit and veg you can get portions from other things like fruit juice and smoothies. Even a can of tomato soup counts as 1.

I do know some people though that should be at risk of scurvy by now.

Jambof3tornado

Had onion, tomatoes and lettuce all in a side salad with a large portion of home made lasagne!

Was lovely.

And a glass of fruity vimto!

Used to get 7 of my 5 a day by blending a mixture of greens and fruit in a blender then drinking it in the mornings. Didnt taste good but has to be done! 

Now my daily habits seem to be:

Banana first thing in morning

Apple and a pear around 10

Two Pittas with a full red pepper and a full avocado in them. Another banana, handful of mixed unsalted nuts and a carrot at lunch.

Usually graze on some oatcakes/carrots between lunch and dinner.

Dinner usually is a soup with at least 3 different kinds of veg or fish with steamed greens.

It may sound super healthy but its balanced with other things. Tonight I tanned a full pizza for two to myself then had a bag of cola bottles. 

Everything in moderation I guess! 

Used to get 7 of my 5 a day by blending a mixture of greens and fruit in a blender then drinking it in the mornings. Didnt taste good but has to be done!

Two Pittas with a full red pepper and a full avocado in them. Another banana, handful of mixed unsalted nuts and a carrot at lunch.

Dinner usually is a soup with at least 3 different kinds of veg or fish with steamed greens.

It may sound super healthy but its balanced with other things. Tonight I tanned a full pizza for two to myself then had a bag of cola bottles.

Sounds like the body's a temple mon-fri, and amusement park w'ends !!!!

This is pretty much my daily diet.

Oh, minus everything you said that wasn't pizza and cola bottles.

Partial to a kebab or 2 as well from the place down the road, with a side of Chips, Cheese and Spicy mince.  Glorious :thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

I would much rather eat shite every day though. 

Is that along with dry cereal?!

Good Scottish soup must be at least three a day..

Lentils and pulses (not sure if they count)

Carrots

Spuds (again not sure if they count)

Parsnips

That's my usual soup ingredients.

Archived