Bored of Banks?

JamboGraham

First, I like the guy. He is an OK shot stopper, maybe a bit small to dominate in the air. However, he seems to work hard and gives the impression that he cares about the club.

But Banksie, Banksie, Banksie....

See every time you get the ball in your hands maybe think about doing something other than hoofing it through the middle. Motherwell picked everyone of these out so easily that it presented no threat at all.

Not the reason we lost, not even close...... the only thing you had to do in the game apart from the hoofs was pick the ball out the back of the net at the penalty.

Keepers need to be footballers as well.

Do you not think that is what he is told to do? Punting the long ball is not his choice. We have far deeper problems than Stevie Banks, who I think is one of the plus points in our team.

loveofthegame

His distribution was poor at times. However he is one of a very select few players at the club who care a bit about it

His distribution has been terrible. We should be building attacks from the full backs, unfortunately our full backs are probably the weakest area of the whole team.

His distribution has been terrible. We should be building attacks from the full backs, unfortunately our full backs are probably the weakest area of the whole team.

That is correct.

Robbie and Jose are pish.

What would you have him do?

Roll it out to any one of four defenders who really don't want it.

Defenders don't make themselves available, probably because they've been told and probably thats because they are about as comfy on the ball as a barbed wire polo neck!

Certainly nothing to do with Banks FFS!

Was just about to post thank goodness we got Banksie back in goals. Commands his box well and as for hoof ball maybe he is told to get the ball up the park!!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Exactly. You can only **** with the c**k you've got.

Hoofing it long is better than conceding.

We don't have many players in the midfield that like to go up for the header or all to often we're out muscled.

Sometimes I think we need a really hard dirty player in midfield that's willing to throw himself about a bit.

Jonsson always looks reluctant to as he doesn't want to mess up his nice hair, and Stewart and Ruben prefer to play on the ground.

A Barasa type CM would be useful.

Certainly nothing to do with Banks FFS!

Indeed, that is why I said "Not the reason we lost, not even close".

But surely if you launch kick after kick into the night sky only to see it come straight back you might want to try another approach.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

He'd be better having a shot.

Probably more chance of scoring than anyone else other than Velicka.

so what does he do? A mazy himself??

Worth a go...couldn't be any worse than some of the comedy served up by Miko trying the same thing...

Thunderstruck
Sometimes I think we need a really hard dirty player in midfield that's willing to throw himself about a bit.

With the refs we have, he would spend a lot of time in the stand!!

i was disappointed he didnt dive to his right for the pen...

mccormack always as a right footer puts his pens to the keepers right...:confused:

apart from that had nowt to do!

Neilson's passing was excellent last night. Can't say the same for Jose though.

Francis Albert
Do you not think that is what he is told to do? Punting the long ball is not his choice. We have far deeper problems than Stevie Banks, who I think is one of the plus points in our team.

But Basso always tried to throw the ball out when he could, so were his instructions different? And, on the weakness of Neilson and Jose, with a five man midfield why should throwing the ball mean only the full backs are ever available?

Captain Canada

I'd rather he hoofed it every time than rolled it out to Robbie or Jose - never seen footballers so scared of the ball. Things would be a whole lot worse without Banksy.

Dagger Is Back

I can't remember when we ever built from the full backs. Gordon punted all of the time.

You're right if you don't have full backs you can trust you ain't gonna start with them.

Exactly. You can only **** with the c**k you've got.

Hoofing it long is better than conceding.

Hoofing it LONG would be ok - but he struggles to clear the half way line FFS! He has to put so much effort into kicking it that far that he has no accuracy in it. All he did last night was give possession back to them and by not kicking it far enough that put us under even more pressure.

I admit Basso is maybe not the answer and I am glad Banks signed with us. However, i see him as a coach not a first choice 'keeper.

He just does not make enough saves for me - no howlers, but no real saves other than the really simple ones.

Banks has the ball

options

punt it and maybe something will happen

or

roll it out to jose who is in acres of space who head down traps it and plays a trundler to Berra who waits 3 seconds too long before feeding it out Robbie who thinks oh,no the ball and lays a hospital pass to miko who losses it and well are straight on the attack.

hard choice.

I can't remember when we ever built from the full backs. Gordon punted all of the time.

You're right if you don't have full backs you can trust you ain't gonna start with them.

Let me take you back to Burleys games in charge. Gordon rolled the ball out pretty much all the time. But to be fair we had a few footballers then.......

*goes all misty eyed*

lets play Kurskis or Basso..............:wacko:

until such times as we buy a new GK (which is not high on the list of priorities imho) BANKSIE it is.

end of debate as to who should be our No.1.:mad:

Archived