***Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian. Match thread***

Beats

chester copperpot

Think we will lose this one sadly. This place is going to go into meltdown if we do though.

If Robbie has another negative approach (i fully expect him to do so) then there will be serious questions being asked about him.

To lose to that shower is unacceptable

Think we will lose this one sadly. This place is going to go into meltdown if we do though.

If Robbie has another negative approach (i fully expect him to do so) then there will be serious questions being asked about him.

Well Neilson is a worry. Hopefully he doesn't shite it again.

With out the words 'official match thread' then all posts are irellevant.

Quite correct.

We need a tart.

Psychedelicropcircle

They don't have the bottle to beat us, could go all the way to penalties though.

Always nervous, but always confident we can get the right result against Hibs, home or away.

I feel RN is going to get it right tomorrow.

Just win Hearts.

Always nervous, but always confident we can get the right result against Hibs, home or away.

I feel RN is going to get it right tomorrow.

Just win Hearts.

Just win Hearts.

As long as we win, I dinnae care.

We can pick through the bones of a shite-house formation, negative tactics, poor sub choices and bad personal performances after that.

Bazzas right boot

Fancy us to win by a couple if Neilson doesn't bottle it again.

A performance like the Aberdeen game is needed.

Funny enough, hibs fans will be saying the same!

Guest Paul Allen

Play like we did in the 2nd half of the first game then it will be a nervy night which I can see going to pens. Play like we did against Aberdeen in the last round then I reckon we'll win by 2 or 3.

chuck berrys hairline

2-1 after them taking the lead with us having a second half comeback. Cue Robbie doing a mourinho kneeslide

:flagwave:

The good news is that our worst performance in a while with players not used to each other etc. resulting in us almost beating them quite easily as even at 2-0 we weren't playing well and basically sat back and got done for doing so.

Hopefully this time the team know what to do, put more effort in, and basically play better. If we do that we'll show them why they're in the championship. 

1-3 Hearts

Think we will lose this one sadly. This place is going to I have into meltdown if we do though.

Hope you're no going as you seem to have a losing mentality yourself.

I've been watching derbies since the mid 70's and apart from the initial matches (and I was too young to understand at that time) I have honestly never contemplated the thought of losing to that shower of shite.

After the match is one thing but pre match ALWAYS A POSITIVE VIBE.

C'mon the Heeeeaaaarts !!!!! !

Francis Albert

I remember when you got a draw in the cup against one of the OF it was always said you've had your chance and would go out in the replay. That should be our attitude tomorrow (where for the avoidance of doubt we in this analogy are one of the OF).

Cannot wait for the game. I'm confident of a win and a good performance.

And it'll be my first Easter Rd derby.

enjoy it mate its usually a great party

I've been watching derbies since the mid 70's and apart from the initial matches (and I was too young to understand at that time) I have honestly never contemplated the thought of losing to that shower of shite.

Agree

We played piss poor last time 2nd half.

If it wasn't for Cummings fluke they were out.

Well Neilson is a worry. Hopefully he doesn't shite it again.

He can't shit it again can he?

I'm confident tho. 1-3.

He can't shit it again can he?

I'm confident tho. 1-3.

I'd hope he has learnt his lesson but how many times have we said that!

Without a doubt, stubbsy will try and limit opportunities for Paterson tomorrow, both our goals last week came from his crossing.

Really hoping that Prince is fit to play. We need him and the whole midfield to create more. That will be helped by Alexander passing the ball rather than punting

When did Neilson bottle it in the first game?

The players played crap in the second half, a few were carrying injuries and injuries themselves took away our options to make game changing subs.

He set the team up to win the game and we were 2-0 with 10 minutes to go and the players themselves chucked it down the pan.

I'd hope he has learnt his lesson but how many times have we said that!

If its much the same performance and we go out the fans will turn on him.

An Aberdeen like performance coming up.  :thumbsup:

Hibs better than expected performance and result against Livingstone has me a bit worried but still think Hearts will take it 3-0.

A bit off topic slightly but does anyone have an idea of which side I will be closer too for tomorrow. In Lower tier row L seat 119. East or West stand?

No chance losing tomorrow night. End of.....!!!!

A bit off topic slightly but does anyone have an idea of which side I will be closer too for tomorrow. In Lower tier row L seat 119. East or West stand?

Depends on the block.

RyTKUHs.png

More confident about this one than the home tie tbh. Maybe it's cause I went to the home tie so was nervous from about 3 days before it.

I think Dauda taking those goals the way he did up at County will give him confidence - also having Rossi and Walker back will be a massive lift. I thought Souttar was a class act up at Dingwall also and would like him to keep his place.

2-0 Hearts.

When did Neilson bottle it in the first game?

The players played crap in the second half, a few were carrying injuries and injuries themselves took away our options to make game changing subs.

He set the team up to win the game and we were 2-0 with 10 minutes to go and the players themselves chucked it down the pan.

He had us sitting so deep in the second half. We should have went for the throat, got the 3rd and its game over.

We have been shite in every derby against them with him in charge, 

chester copperpot

Cool.

History shows that Neilson will probably shite it tho I hope to god I am wrong.

He had us sitting so deep in the second half. We should have went for the throat, got the 3rd and its game over.

We have been shite in every derby against them with him in charge,

And what options did we have for going for the throat? This wasn't exactly a normal set of circumstances.

Dauda was blowing out his arse after 50 minutes.

Nicholson was injured.

Djoum was injured.

Cowie was blowing out his arse.

Pallardo was injured.

Our defence was minced by injuries and suspension to Rossi.

All of that after having to Sub Ozturk and Buaben again through injury.

We had no choice but to defend solidly from our own half and had we done that it was job done but instead McGhee sold a free header to Cummings and 7 or more players sold a free header to Gunnarson and followed that up with allowing Hanlon a free hit at goal from 5 yards. Alexander also handed them the corner needlessly.

Shambles of a game really and none of it pinned on Neilson.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

Out of interest how come you've never been to a derby at ER before?

The 'Neilson shat it / will shite it / might shite it' crew are the only ones shiteing themselves. Have some self respect lads, aye?

Neilson will, as ever, set out his formation and tactical approach by whatever he sees as our best chance to progress. I think our best chance is to do as much attacking as possible, without being suicidal at the back obviously. If we can create as much as they do then I think we have a better than even chance of winning. Their best chance is to have sustained periods of pressure and territorial advantage. I think we can quite easily cope if we can limit them to breaks and scraps.

Neilson may well see things differently. Probably will in fact. But he'll do whatever he does in order to win the game. Not because of some demented notion that he's scared of Hibs. It's not a ****ing playground pagger.

If Neilson gets it wrong then I'll say so. I'll simply say his tactics were wrong. I'll be as destroyed as any other Hearts fan on here or elsewhere. But Robbie Neilson is the right manager for Hearts today and he'll be the right manager on Wednesday.

Archived