'Big Strong Hearts'

bigsuperslim1874

bigsuperslim1874

For me the biggest turning points was the hatchet job on Djoum and Nicholson - the two players who ran our first half. They gambled with late, hard challenges but got away with bookings where our lads were finished - this along with the normal game injuries to Ozturk and Prince restricted what we could do with the team and contributed to the way the game went. McGregor on Nicholson in particular looked late and had the added suckerpunch of Augustyn getting a yellow for the afters meaning he's suspended.

At least Rossi is back for the replay!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Don't be silly. There were strong challenges going on from both sides. Exactly what you'd want and expect in a derby.

bigsuperslim1874

No really big strong hearts we got bullied all across the park the day.

It was more a sarcastic title - they put the boot in to our key players to effect. Which makes a mockery of the headlines we have been getting recently.

bigsuperslim1874

Don't be silly. There were strong challenges going on from both sides. Exactly what you'd want and expect in a derby.

Those particular challenges for me were calculated. In the end, a draw was fair with plenty hard challenging which is fine by me but those two for me were OTT and were telling in how the game went.

Seymour M Hersh

Except we seemed to be the only ones being pulled up by the twat of a ref.

luckyBatistuta

Except we seemed to be the only ones being pulled up by the **** of a ref.

That's because he's trying so hard to shake off the belief in Scotland, that he favours Hearts.

Notorious BIG

Thought the game was perfectly even in terms of physicality, If anything Hibs shaded it in terms of bossing the midfield, our 22 fouls to Hibs 9 was only down to that clown Thomson

For me the biggest turning points was the hatchet job on Djoum and Nicholson - the two players who ran our first half. They gambled with late, hard challenges but got away with bookings where our lads were finished - this along with the normal game injuries to Ozturk and Prince restricted what we could do with the team and contributed to the way the game went. McGregor on Nicholson in particular looked late and had the added suckerpunch of Augustyn getting a yellow for the afters meaning he's suspended.

At least Rossi is back for the replay!

There wasn't a turning point- we were shyte  from first to last. And not for the first time. 

Tokyo Drifter

22 fouls to 9 in their favour - think we more than gave as good as we got today. They also had more possession, twice as many shots, more shots on goal as well and twice as many corners. Frankly we were lucky to get a draw. Dreadful performance from Hearts. 

bigsuperslim1874

There wasn't a turning point- we were shyte from first to last. And not for the first time.

I thought from about 15mins to half-time we were far better than them and playing decent enough. I get the points about the number of fouls etc just pointing out what I saw as two clear cynical fouls designed to take them out of the game. We were poor second half but feel the injuries to them two really contributed to that.

Hey-ho. We go again a week on Tuesday - at least we get a jaunt to Fester this season afterall!

luckyBatistuta

22 fouls to 9 in their favour - think we more than gave as good as we got today. They also had more possession, twice as many shots, more shots on goal as well and twice as many corners. Frankly we were lucky to get a draw. Dreadful performance from Hearts.

Your quoting figures that don't really tell the whole story imo. We let them have all the possession/shots/corners in the second half, as we set out to defend and let them press us, trying to hold onto a two goal lead. If we had came out in second half and played the same as the first, those stats would be totally different, that's why it's so annoying, as we gave it away and not because they turned it on.

Archived