Roman Bednar: continued

cosanostra

loveofthegame
Hearts took up a option for 2 more years on Skacel's contract that was agreed at the start of that season, it was different.

I think it'll be a similar deal in essence though, ie. WBA have an agreed price which will enable them to sign RB for that amount if the player agrees to it. Hearts will not be able to pull out as this '1st option' clause is very likely to be written into the deal, otherwise what would be the point in it.

I think the only person that can scupper the deal is RB. We just have to hope a bigger, better club 'taps him up' so he comes back here and we can sell at a much higher price.

However, i think he'll still be a WBA player next season, most likely in the Premiership. We shall see though

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that mate, I read it.

I think Hearts could recall him whether he liked it or not though.

He may be doing his utmost to ensure Hearts sell him right enough but by hearing what he had to say in that interview it doesn't sound like going to WBA is the only option.

I've got a sneaky Vlad is holding all the aces on this one.

If we did force him to come back i think we all know the Bednar we would end up with and its not the one playing for WBA. I hope your right about VR as we really could end up getting seriously done over on this. Also can you shed any light on this "fact" that is doing the rounds about it being a done deal ?

Hopefully its another lesson VR has learned on the importance of having a manager.

If we did force him to come back i think we all know the Bednar we would end up with and its not the one playing for WBA. I hope your right about VR as we really could end up getting seriously done over on this. Also can you shed any light on this "fact" that is doing the rounds about it being a done deal ?

Hopefully its another lesson VR has learned on the importance of having a manager.

First I'd heard about it was on this thread.

Maybe the poster who first mentioned it can back it up with a link?

:rolleyes:

Depends as has been said about the 'small print' which vlad seems pretty clued up about, having had our fingers burnt by the lee miller episode I imagine any club loaning a player to hearts is pretty screwed down, given bednars poor form before going not sure that wba would have been as estute, maybe they were time will tell but i don't think it's a done deal if bednar is suggesting there may be other clubs interested.

Fair do's - I would be baffled as to why TM came out and said a deals in place if WBA want it if he could bugger off somewhere else though.

Fair do's - I would be baffled as to why TM came out and said a deals in place if WBA want it if he could bugger off somewhere else though.

I will try this again, where did monkeypuss say that ? Have you got a link as it seems to be news to everyone including Bednar.

First I'd heard about it was on this thread.

Maybe the poster who first mentioned it can back it up with a link?

:rolleyes:

This is the only place i have read it aswell. I am not saying they don't have a deal done but i would just like to see where this has been said.

Thank you, only took about 5 posts to get there. Sounds like the deal was agreed recently if i am reading the article correct. Which may suggest we will get his market value. Then again i don't think VR minds losing money to get rid of his enemies.

Thank you, only took about 5 posts to get there. Sounds like the deal was agreed recently if i am reading the article correct. Which may suggest we will get his market value. Then again i don't think VR minds losing money to get rid of his enemies.

No worries. :cool:

I would say one thing it suggests the deal has been agreed with hearts however maybe they have not done a deal with Bednar. Maybe thats why he thinks he has options at the end of the season. Nothing WBA can do if he turns down their offer. Hopefully he continues to score and some big clubs show a interest in him.

Drylaw Hearts
This is the only place i have read it aswell. I am not saying they don't have a deal done but i would just like to see where this has been said.

From Sunday Mail

Jan 13 2008

TONY MOWBRAY has agreed a deal with Hearts to make striker Roman Bednar's move to West Brom permanent.

Bednar has starred on loan for Albion since his return to fitness and Mowbray is keen to keep the Czech star.

Former Hibs boss Mowbray said: "Everything is in place if we decide to pick that up. Roman has not done himself any harm and we will wait to see what happens.

"Roman is happy go lucky and a nice character. He enjoys the banter and is a good character to have around the place.

"He has to show he can have a big part in our success."

The deal means nothing if Roman does not want to play for West Brom. A bigger team comes in with a bigger offer and he can go where he wants.

The price is agreed between West Brom and Hearts if he decides he wants to join them.

He keeps scoring goals and a bigger club will put a bid in.

Of course, Bednar may exercise the option of signing a short term contract at WBA to simply get out of Tynecastle, then pick a 'bigger' team if WBA don't get promotion. Assuming his form continues - and Bednar would have the incentive to keep performing, RB and WBA would both be winners. We of course would get very little other than an apparently 'fat and useless' striker off our books.

cardboardcutout

we had a guy with the same name, useless big numpty couldnae score in a barrel o *******!

cannae be him could it?

roman returns to hearts, instantly gets depression and has his glass hamstrings reattached, begins competition with Nade to become the unfittest player at the club.

or we could try and get a transfer fee for him.

Winning penalty scored by Bednar...

4-3.

Just showed you on SSN, he looks alot fitter than the last time I saw him in a Hearts jersey. Looks back to his best, pity we wont see him up here again!!

boabyarsebiscuit
Sell him for ?4m, better than bringing him back, just can't see him wanting to come back tbh.

So we hope WBA don't pick up the 300 grand option and then we sell him to someone else for 4 million? Like the sound of that plan.

Nucky Thompson
So we hope WBA don't pick up the 300 grand option and then we sell him to someone else for 4 million? Like the sound of that plan.
You can say what you want about Vlad, but I don't think he is a mug when it comes to the value of our players:cool:

Winning penalty scored by Bednar...

4-3.

WHOOPEE DOO BUT TIME TO MOVE ON, HE DOESN`T PLAY FOR HEARTS ANYMORE & WILL NOT PROBABLY DO SO AGAIN VLAD WILL COLLECT CASH AT THE END OF SEASON.

NEVER TRIED A LEG FOR HEARTS AFTER SIGNING A 3 &

1/2 YR DEAL, BUT HAPPILY TAKE THE MONEY, ANOTHER MERCENARY TO WEAR THE HEARTS SHIRT

WHOOPEE DOO BUT TIME TO MOVE ON, HE DOESN`T PLAY FOR HEARTS ANYMORE & WILL NOT PROBABLY DO SO AGAIN VLAD WILL COLLECT CASH AT THE END OF SEASON.

1/2 YR DEAL, BUT HAPPILY TAKE THE MONEY, ANOTHER MERCENARY TO WEAR THE HEARTS SHIRT

Caps Lock is generally the button third up from the bottom left hand corner of your keyboard.

Press it, it will help stop making your post look like a childs written it.

The Real Maroonblood
You can say what you want about Vlad, but I don't think he is a mug when it comes to the value of our players:cool:

They certainly won't be Lithuanian that's for sure.

Caps Lock is generally the button third up from the bottom left hand corner of your keyboard.

Press it, it will help stop making your post look like a childs written it.

Woo,whats up did I touch a raw nerve or something ?? You done well to be able to count that far up the keyboard...........still each to their own.

Won't last, he was great when he started with us too, being fat and a chain-smoking burger muncher is down to him, not Vlad.

Lazy folk can never keep up increased/false energy levels for long.

mark mcghee got a team like that when he took over at motherwell

gets them on a health kick,all get there body fat measured each week.

trained properly............. you get a football team

some of our players could do with this :527:

I cannot believe how much we still debate this tbh.

Bednar is gone, he won't be back. Those that said he was rubbish were wrong. The only debate left (IMO) is how much we will get for him and knowing VR that could be anything. Given the quotes from Mowbray though, it is like a Skacel-esque deal, I wonder if attaining Premiership status increases the value of the deal?

Guest JamboRobbo
Hopefully that price tag is a wind up! Velicka ?2m, Goncalves ?1.3m, Bednar who has 3 years on his deal left 300k?

Vlad's mad but not that mad.

Time will tell. You need to remembmer that Vlad thinks Velicka and Goncalves are footballers, and didn't think Bednar was.

What I wont move on from is the fact the boy CAN play, lasted the whole of the match last night to the very end 120 mins.... THAT is something we should worry about, he couldnt last 5 mins up here.

9 goals in 11 down

bighusref; I agree we should also be worrying about how much we get but also worrying about the reasons behind the above and the many other players that hearts have had the same effect on.

What I wont move on from is the fact the boy CAN play, lasted the whole of the match last night to the very end 120 mins.... THAT is something we should worry about, he couldnt last 5 mins up here.

9 goals in 11 down

bighusref; I agree we should also be worrying about how much we get but also worrying about the reasons behind the above and the many other players that hearts have had the same effect on.

I'm with you, KennyM. As I said on the old-JKB post on the subject, what is the club doing which p'sses off / sidelines / makes unfit good players ?

And for a bonus point, what is it that causes Hearts fans to have such selective memories about players who were formerly idolised, or even just pretty good?

The Mighty Thor
Time will tell. You need to remembmer that Vlad thinks Velicka and Goncalves are footballers, and didn't think Bednar was.

If ever there was a damning indictment on our man's football knowledge.

I too agree. I think that this is all pivotal on the appointment of a real manager, who would bring a real coaching system and would use our undoubtedly fantastic training ground to improve players rather than the opposite. We have less than half a month now, but I still give it the rest of the month.

If a manager comes in, situations like the loss of form of players and the fitness of players should go away.

I think it is kind of a moot point now, as our terrible form has emphasized it anyway, but I think Bednar highlights that there were problems with the coaching set up at Hearts.

Post Burley, how many players have come to Hearts as signings for the first team squad and improved?

Archived