Roman Bednar: continued

cosanostra

Nelly Terraces

Hows many's that he's got now? 10?? He must be worth a small fortune to us now.

Anyone want to put a price on his head? I'd say 2.5 mill.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame
Aye, pitty WBA have an agreement in place for a price thats been set.

I know this has been said countless times before on here but is this absolute fact on merely guessing as its usually the done thing?!

Bednar is no longer a hearts player in all essence, the fee is set, how he does down there is irrelevent and there is no point in moaning once the cow has bolted

Lets worry about things we can control or change

I know this has been said countless times before on here but is this absolute fact on merely guessing as its usually the done thing?!

Absolute fact. Mowbray has confirmed it.

loveofthegame
Hows many's that he's got now? 10?? He must be worth a small fortune to us now.

Anyone want to put a price on his head? I'd say 2.5 mill.

Theres strikers in the Championship with much much lower strike rates than Bednar and who have played more games with valuations of ?5M+

Now unfortunately it seems to have been suggested that a price has been agreed, which is likely to be around the ?1M-?1.5M range

Rudolf's Mate
Bednar is no longer a hearts player in all essence, the fee is set, how he does down there is irrelevent and there is no point in moaning once the cow has bolted

If Vlad wanted to recall Bednar then he can do so tonight and play him on Saturday. Loan agreements can be cancelled at any time by the club who owns the player. Bednar is contracted to Hearts for a long period.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

2000: GOAL West Brom 1-0 Charlton

Roman Bednar sets the Baggies fans boing boinging. A deep cross by Jonathan Greeniing is headed back across goal and the ball hits Bednar and goes in - he does not know much about it.

Drylaw Hearts

We can't control or change anything.

We can however continue to highlight the poor decisions made by whoever controls the football side of the Club.

loveofthegame

Cheers mate wasn't doubting you just hadn't heard that for sure. A real shame from our (not yours obv) point of view.

Burley was on record as saying he was the best youngster he'd ever worked with. What a shame its ended how it has. Our loss is WBA's massive gain by the looks of things.

Well done Vlad....

Bednar's form is certainly not a bad thing for us. Say a Fulham, Reading or 'Boro show some real interest in him. This would mean Bednar could very well reject a move to WBA and we'd be able to put a price on him. I'd imagine the agreed fee to WBA would only last so long as well.

we should bring bednar back he has scored again tonight

He was in the Record today saying he doesn't want to return. Pity really as we need him.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Why?

He did not want to play for us in the latter stages when he was here and does not want to play for Hearts now.

Move on.

Where ? I would love to see that in writting. Only place i have read that "fact" is on here.

loveofthegame
If Vlad wanted to recall Bednar then he can do so tonight and play him on Saturday. Loan agreements can be cancelled at any time by the club who owns the player. Bednar is contracted to Hearts for a long period.

This may well not be true. Loan agreements are contracts. If the contract(ie loan deal) has stipulated as a term in it that Roman Bednar cannot be recalled, then he cannot be recalled. Simple as that.

And anyway i don't think he'd be very happy about being brought back up here

Drylaw Hearts
Your are kidding. VERY poor business there.

Mowbray did confirm this deal a couple of weeks ago.

There is no way they won't take-up the option to buy RB.

yep..hes pish overweight slow etc etc...anyone who actually believes that knows absoloutley nothing about Football and should not be allowed anywhere near Tynecastle....anyone with a tiny insight into proffesional football will know that some players need to be motivated...Jimmy Johnstone George Best.etc etc, they need coaxing and cajoling Roman Bednar looks like he is one of these players, and Mr Romanov with his total lack of Football Knowledge has let a diamond slip thru our hands here...we will be lucky to get ?500k for Bednar, anyone who saw RB under Burley will realise we had a special talent but Romanov knew better and punted the guy at a time when we are crying out for a goal scorer.Thanks Romanov u tube...

If we have a fee in place (which is low ie 1 - 1.5m) we could always just drag him back here then send him out on loan with someone else with us agreeing a higher fee (ie 3 - 3.5m).

He still has 4 years to run on his contract does he not. The fee might be agreed but surely Hearts can pull the plug if they want to?

After all, Clubs down south are now aware of what he is capable off, They weren't before.

Cheers mate wasn't doubting you just hadn't heard that for sure. A real shame from our (not yours obv) point of view.

Burley was on record as saying he was the best youngster he'd ever worked with. What a shame its ended how it has. Our loss is WBA's massive gain by the looks of things.

Well done Vlad....

Aye no worries mate.

The deal is WBA have an agreed price, if TM wants to keep him he stays.

Bednars actually in the paper saying even if there is no deal with WBA there is no danger he is going back to Hearts.

Like Bednar I think the same thing would happen with Elliot with the right club/management. :cool:

If we have a fee in place (which is low ie 1 - 1.5m) we could always just drag him back here then send him out on loan with someone else with us agreeing a higher fee (ie 3 - 3.5m).

He still has 4 years to run on his contract does he not. The fee might be agreed but surely Hearts can pull the plug if they want to?

After all, Clubs down south are now aware of what he is capable off, They weren't before.

Couldnt see Hearts being able to pull the plug to be honest.

Same kinda deal Hearts got with Kingston/Skacel I imagine, win some you lose some eh.

IMO Bednar up front with Velika would be an awesome strike partnership.

See, why is it when they played together last season, neither played particularly well?

I'd say there's about as many threads now about Bednar scoring goals for West Brom as there was when he was scoring none for us.

Same kinda deal Hearts got with Kingston/Skacel I imagine, win some you lose some eh.

Hobonomics.

:confused:

every time he scores surely the value rises !!!!!

Spot on mate. A lot of teams will be in for him at the end of the season.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...
He was woeful at us because Marvyn ANdrews snapped him in half in the game we beat Rangers at Tynie - and he got away with it -

maybe it was because he was a good Christian.

It's a pity lard ass Nade isn't !!! .... :)

Hobonomics.

:confused:

How come?

You didnt see Skacels club (Marsillie?) pulling the plug when they knew they could get a better deal off Southampton because the deal was done. :eek:

Depends on the small print.

It's the one area i would trust Vlad if i'm being honest.

If he thinks he can make another million or so, Rest assured he'll do anything he can to do so.

How come?

You didnt see Skacels club (Marsillie?) pulling the plug when they knew they could get a better deal off Southampton because the deal was done. :eek:

Are all loan deals exactly the same?

Like I said it depends on the small print.

You are not aware of that and neither is anyone else on here.

Bednar said: "It's too early to talk with the manager yet about my future. I'll have to look at the clubs on offer and choose the best one."

The best one is the one were we get most money.

Keep banging them in big man. :dribble:

Bednar said: "It's too early to talk with the manager yet about my future. I'll have to look at the clubs on offer and choose the best one."

The best one is the one were we get most money.

Keep banging them in big man. :dribble:

Correct.

It hardly sounds like Bednar thinks it will only be a choice between Hearts and WBA.

Are all loan deals exactly the same?

Like I said it depends on the small print.

You are not aware of that and neither is anyone else on here.

?500 k tops...Romanov couldnt wait to get him off the books, he'll be spewing its all went tits up....

That's another one to his tally WBA 1- 0 Charlton.

He had class written all over him from the start, demotivated by the end though

Can anyone show the this "fact" that it is a done deal with WBA ? I can honestly say i have not read anywhere that there is a agreement in place.

Correct.

It hardly sounds like Bednar thinks it will only be a choice between Hearts and WBA.

If he keeps scoring like he is then ?5 million is not out of the question. :dribble:

Depends on the small print.

It's the one area i would trust Vlad if i'm being honest.

If he thinks he can make another million or so, Rest assured he'll do anything he can to do so.

Aye, very true.

:)

Correct.

I don't think hearts are even in his options. The end of that quote finishes "one thing is for sure, i will not be returning to hearts".

Surely as we are in the transfer window if another club were to offer us more money we could cancel the loan agreement and sell 'our' player to another club, or in your book a loan essentially mean that if they want to keep him they can, i don't remember Kingston/Skacel's old clubs saying they wanted them back at the end of their loan deal!

Surely as we are in the transfer window if another club were to offer us more money we could cancel the loan agreement and sell 'our' player to another club, or in your book a loan essentially mean that if they want to keep him they can, i don't remember Kingston/Skacel's old clubs saying they wanted them back at the end of their loan deal!

No, but Skacel didnt have the chance to go direct to Southampton from Marsillie as the agreement with Hearts was already in place - same with Kingston. Dont you think Marsillie would have rather sold to Southampton for a million more? :eek:

No, but Skacel didnt have the chance to go direct to Southampton from Marsillie as the agreement with Hearts was already in place - same with Kingston. Dont you think Marsillie would have rather sold to Southampton for a million more? :eek:

Hearts took up a option for 2 more years on Skacel's contract that was agreed at the start of that season, it was different.

J.T.F.Robertson
That's another one to his tally WBA 1- 0 Charlton.

He had class written all over him from the start, demotivated by the end though

Exactly!! To one degree or another, that also applies to most of the squad by now.

Shame, you could see in the early days the potential he had and how he loved being at Tynie.

I don't think hearts are even in his options. The end of that quote finishes "one thing is for sure, i will not be returning to hearts".

I know that mate, I read it.

I think Hearts could recall him whether he liked it or not though.

He may be doing his utmost to ensure Hearts sell him right enough but by hearing what he had to say in that interview it doesn't sound like going to WBA is the only option.

I've got a sneaky Vlad is holding all the aces on this one.

Hearts took up a option for 2 more years on Skacel's contract that was agreed at the start of that season, it was different.

Ok Doke. :cool:

Depends as has been said about the 'small print' which vlad seems pretty clued up about, having had our fingers burnt by the lee miller episode I imagine any club loaning a player to hearts is pretty screwed down, given bednars poor form before going not sure that wba would have been as estute, maybe they were time will tell but i don't think it's a done deal if bednar is suggesting there may be other clubs interested.

Archived