"All Tories should be taken out and shot"

IronJambo

RMT's Steve Hedley embarrassing himself live on the radio. This surely has to be a step too far? This man does not represent me. What type of movement does he think he's part of?

There's a recording in the link http://www.lbc.co.uk/rmt-union-leader-tories-should-be-shot-124318

RMT Union Leader: 'Tories Should Be Taken Out And Shot'

Tuesday 2nd February 2016

RMT leader Steve Hedley has claimed the Tory government are "murdering" people, then called for them to be "taken out and shot" in an extraordinary LBC interview.

Shelagh Fogarty was clearly taken aback by Hedley's comments, which you can see in the video above.

"I think all the Tories are an absolute disgrace, they should be taken out and shot to be quite frank with you," said Hedley, Assistant General Secretary of the RMT union.

LISTEN: Steve Hedley's Last Meltdown On LBC

"Oh Steve!" responded Shelagh. "I'm not going to let you say that, so don't repeat it...if your job is to represent your workers, and I was one of your workers, I would want you to represent me without resorting to things like that."

Hedley then claimed that the government was "killing three disabled people a week by their cuts."

Mr Hedley was speaking about the way the Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt has dealt with junior doctors, who're going on strike again next week over a row about their contracts. The government could now impose the contract, if an agreement isnt reached.

Stephen Muddie

Guy obviously knows his onions. Stupid comment considering his position, and I don't think he went far enough if real - and something worth a sacking - was what he was going for.

Cant see what he said wrong TBH...I agree with him. They are inhumane & should be exterminated like the diseased rats that they are.

Cant see what he said wrong TBH...I agree with him. They are inhumane & should be exterminated like the diseased rats that they are.

For real? Mental.

Say it down the pub to your mates and post it on kickback. You don't say it live on the radio when you're representing a high profile union.

Remember the uproar when Jeremy Clarkson said similar in jest. 

I expect a similar response from the same people who condemned him. 

Not adverse to a bit of controversy is Mr. Hedley, going on past interviews and such.

An angry man.

He was slightly clever and got away with making an arkward point when he repeatedly asked Nick Ferrari, "do you beat your wife?".

He was very close to overstepping the line then, but he's marched right over it this time.

Remember the uproar when Jeremy Clarkson said similar in jest. 

I expect a similar response from the same people who condemned him.

As much as I loathe the Tories (and Clarkson) this is very true. This overheated rhetoric is stupid and possibly dangerous.

Notorious BIG

An evil cruel political party! Andrew lloyd Webber Tory donor flying in from New York to vote against delaying tax credit cuts, The same day they decided to hammer the sick and disabled with the bedroom tax they then passed a bill to cut the tax of the millionaires, So 22,000 millionaires pay less tax today than they did 3 years ago, rotten to the core and what the guy said was absolutely spot on

An evil cruel political party! Andrew lloyd Webber Tory donor flying in from New York to vote against delaying tax credit cuts, The same day they decided to hammer the sick and disabled with the bedroom tax they then passed a bill to cut the tax of the millionaires, So 22,000 millionaires pay less tax today than they did 3 years ago, rotten to the core and what the guy said was absolutely spot on

Delusional.

You seem like the type that voted for independence.

Салатные палочки

Delusional.

:cornette: 

Heaven forbid.  

Notorious BIG

Delusional.

Of course I did, You ask the people of London if they would like their affairs decided by the people of Glasgow, They'd tell you to get to fek, So why should we accept the Tory austerity train

Reminiscent of Adolf Hitler's approach to politics.

Seems he has some supporters on here.

All a sign of how intemperate debate has become over politics here. Oafs with nothing to offer in any reasoned debate usually come away with stuff like that. Saves them having to make any sort of constructive argument to support their views.

He sounds like a member of ISIS.

You are not far wrong.  You can just imagine him posting a You Tube video from his room "Death to all Tories".  Total scumbag, but sadly,  testament to the society we live in. Tories are an easy target and if you throw in a "Those effing Tories" into a debate when you are struggling to articulate your own thoughts you will always get a round of applause and back slaps.  It is almost fashionable to hate them, even really young kids saying it who have no idea why they hate them, it is a just a good soundbyte to deflect the fact that they are a complete and utter sheep with no input of their own.

You are not far wrong.  You can just imagine him posting a You Tube video from his room "Death to all Tories".  Total scumbag, but sadly,  testament to the society we live in. Tories are an easy target and if you throw in a "Those effing Tories" into a debate when you are struggling to articulate your own thoughts you will always get a round of applause and back slaps.  It is almost fashionable to hate them, even really young kids saying it who have no idea why they hate them, it is a just a good soundbyte to deflect the fact that they are a complete and utter sheep with no input of their own.

They are ****s though.

They are ****s though.

No issue with people disliking Tories.  I am a supporter but that is democracy.  I just can't tolerate the sheep Tory haters.  Never heard a Tory supporter say they wished death to Labour supporters - that is simply disgusting.

All a sign of how intemperate debate has become over politics here. Oafs with nothing to offer in any reasoned debate usually come away with stuff like that. Saves them having to make any sort of constructive argument to support their views.

Spot on.

hate the tories and hate the big, super-powerful unions so in a quandary here. Nah, the guy should be hauled over the coals for that remark; I wonder how much this champion of the working classes earns from his union members

No issue with people disliking Tories.  I am a supporter but that is democracy.  I just can't tolerate the sheep Tory haters.  Never heard a Tory supporter say they wished death to Labour supporters - that is simply disgusting.

Och, the Tories just do it by implementing their policies! :wink:

hate the tories and hate the big, super-powerful unions so in a quandary here. Nah, the guy should be hauled over the coals for that remark; I wonder how much this champion of the working classes earns from his union members

Agree that the comment is uncouth and over the top. Not sure what his salary has to do with it though, as if there is some link to salary and political consciousness?

AlphonseCapone

As a tory voter, im disgusted by this cretin.

As someone who dislikes the tories but isn't an arsehole (most of the time) I'm disgusted by this cretin. What a stupid thing for him to say.

Delusional.

Here is the other side of the arsehole coin.

If only he had said......"No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory Party. So far as i'm concerned they are lower than vermin."

......everything would be right with the world !

....or maybe he did, in a way !

Either way, the aforementioned rodents will be all over this and he is in bother.

I ****ing hate the Tories and totally agree with Steve Hedely.

The Tory party are responsible for the deaths and suffering of many poor and disabled people so to wish the same on them is perfectly reasonable imo.

Surely shooting them is the last resort. It's a mental illness and can be treated. The NHS is  ...................will any old wall do? 

Och, the Tories just do it by implementing their policies! :wink:

The SNP will be beside them up against the wall in that case.

:wink:

I ******* hate the Tories and totally agree with Steve Hedely.

The Tory party are responsible for the deaths and suffering of many poor and disabled people so to wish the same on them is perfectly reasonable imo.

A bit of a bold Statement.

Do you think any political party is any different?

Seymour M Hersh

The last RMT leader looked and behaved like a member of "F" Troop (for the uninitiated they're one of Millwall's worst "bushwhackers"). Seems to be their gig to be as aggressive, obnoxious and threatening as possible. 

Captain Sausage

Classy guy.

I imagine if a party/union leader said this about the SNP, there'd be riots in the street.

AlphonseCapone

Classy guy.

I imagine if a party/union leader said this about the SNP, there'd be riots in the street.

You could imagine that if you like but it wouldn't make it true.

You'd get the same reaction tbh.

The last RMT leader looked and behaved like a member of "F" Troop (for the uninitiated they're one of Millwall's worst "bushwhackers"). Seems to be their gig to be as aggressive, obnoxious and threatening as possible. 

If we're going  on looks now then maybe a cull isn't as dramatic after all.

kingantti1874

I would say the left wing governments who landed Britain with an enormous debt mountain should be the subject of his anger.. 45p in every tax pound goes to servicing the debt.. Hundreds of billions per annum spent on nothing but interest.. ..think how much more there would be to spend if we hadn't lived beyond our means for decades.. Idiocy. Someone has to fix it - otherwise in another 20 years 80p in the pound will be servicing debt and this perceived austerity will be much much worse.. Who cares about the future we leave for our children though right!

You are making a complete fool of yourself.

I bet your actually typing this from your council house which you purchased for a fraction of the price.

I bet your actually typing this from your council house which you purchased for a fraction of the price.

Before he answers, is this a genuine book because i'll take a punt on this ?

Say it down the pub to your mates and post it on kickback. You don't say it live on the radio when you're representing a high profile union.

Disagree. More folk should say this about the tory filth more openly more often. It may then sink in.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I would say the left wing governments who landed Britain with an enormous debt mountain should be the subject of his anger.. 45p in every tax pound goes to servicing the debt.. Hundreds of billions per annum spent on nothing but interest.. ..think how much more there would be to spend if we hadn't lived beyond our means for decades.. Idiocy. Someone has to fix it - otherwise in another 20 years 80p in the pound will be servicing debt and this perceived austerity will be much much worse.. Who cares about the future we leave for our children though right!

I think you'll find that the UK National debt has grown by over 50% since Mr Cameron and his cronies came into power in 2010 but keep taking the blue pills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25944653

A complete fool? Why? Because I have an opinion that doesnt sit well with you? Away n boil yer heed!

Did the council ever have Persimmon homes houses???

Archived