Youth Cup q/f v QOTS

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Weather permitting, Hearts U20s play QOTS in the cup quarter final on the artificial surface at Riccarton on Sunday. K.O. is at 3pm and entry is free.

I'd expect our line up to be something close to:

Easton

L Smith, Howlett-Mundle, Baur, Henderson

Buchanan, Beith

Morrison I Smith Zanatta

McLean

An option would be for McKirdy to start with Buchanan up front and McLean on the bench. There is also flexibility to play 4-4-2 with Zanatta up front with Morrison and I Smith on the flanks.

As far as I am aware, Mason and Moore are injured, while Jones is suspended.

Footballfirst

Still showing no faith in their own youth keepers then.

I don't think playing a 14 year old in goal is appropriate in an U20 tie.

The man who loved beer

I don't think playing a 14 year old in goal is appropriate in an U20 tie.

Don't see why not. Cometh the hour and all that. It's not exactly the world cup after all. Worryingly thin on the ground with keepers in the academy.

fabienleclerq

Don't see why not. Cometh the hour and all that. It's not exactly the world cup after all. Worryingly thin on the ground with keepers in the academy.

14 is a bit young to chuck in the deep end as a keeper, could do more damage than good.

The man who loved beer

14 is a bit young to chuck in the deep end as a keeper, could do more damage than good.

Not sure exactly what damage it would do. It's all just about learning and experience at this stage and, no disrespect, but it is QOTS they're playing. Whichever keeper plays shouldn't really expect to be run off his feet.

Footballfirst

Surely we will play mcghee as he still qualfies

You are right, I'd actually ignored him in my mind, as he should have been starting against ICT yesterday given our suspensions. Asthat the game was postponed there is every possibility that he will be available for today's game. Whether or not the management want him to play is a different question.

fabienleclerq

Not sure exactly what damage it would do. It's all just about learning and experience at this stage and, no disrespect, but it is QOTS they're playing. Whichever keeper plays shouldn't really expect to be run off his feet.

It could knock his confidence etc or he could take a knock he doesn't recover from. 20 year olds are far more physical than 14 year olds. Bit disrespectful to Qots who iirc made the final recently. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet and fancy yourself as knowing better than the academy coaches so I'll leave it at that.

Footballfirst

I see that the U13 and U14 games on the artificial pitch have been postponed this morning because of snow. They must be hoping for a thaw later on or have a playable grass pitch available as the cup tie remains on for the moment.

On the subject of U20s...

I see that the SPFL Youth Development website shows the Celtic v Rangers U20s fixture is scheduled for tomorrow at 1900 hrs...

Whilst all the other fixtures this week have a venue listed, none is shown for this fixture... neither of the club websites show the venue either...

Do they really expect that much trouble at an OF U20s match, that they're unable to publicise the venue...

Just another indictment of what's wrong with Scottish football...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

Hearts U20s Little Big Shot Youth Cup Quarter-Final tie against Queen of the South has been re-scheduled for Monday night.

The match will now kick off at 6.30pm on Monday, February 1st at the Hearts Academy at Riccarton. There will be free entry for spectators on the night.

I'm sure that the snow will be gone with a milder weather front coming in overnight, but with wind gusts of over 50mph forecast, it's not going to be great conditions.

However, I think that Hearts will be keen to get the tie out the way as the first team commitments resulting from having to play postponed games during midweek could compromise selections.

Horatio Caine

Hearts U20s Little Big Shot Youth Cup Quarter-Final tie against Queen of the South has been re-scheduled for Monday night.

The match will now kick off at 6.30pm on Monday, February 1st at the Hearts Academy at Riccarton. There will be free entry for spectators on the night.

Great.  Just when `Storm Henry` is really getting his act together! 

It'll get postponed with any luck....the wind will be 50 to 60 mph never mind the rain

Whoever thought this up needs to be asked a question or two.

Playing in conditions that will act as a leveller  :thumbsdown:

Wind is to get up to over 60mph gusts later on, so just as well it's been PP. 

This wind is a ******* nightmare.

Game OFF again

Due to be played today 6.30pm but postponed due to waterlogged pitch.

Imagine my surprise...

Apparently the St Johnstone v Killie U20s match is going ahead at Airdrie though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can they not just play it indoors?? Must be an indoor venue that the game can be played on. And people think the winter shutdown should start in December. January to February after the NYD games

Can they not just play it indoors?? Must be an indoor venue that the game can be played on. And people think the winter shutdown should start in December. January to February after the NYD games

Good point. Always hearing about tons of full size indoor pitches, no?

Footballfirst

We could probably do that if we schedule the game for August or September when the NPC opens.

I think the only full size indoor pitch in Scotland is at Toryglen, close to Hampden.

Semi final draw has been made

Ross County v St Johnstone / Motherwell

Dundee United / Ayr v Hearts / QotS

got this from Ross County website. Not sure if we are home or away

Semi final draw has been made

Ross County v St Johnstone / Motherwell

Dundee United / Ayr v Hearts / QotS

got this from Ross County website. Not sure if we are home or away

Away to Dundee United IF we beat Queen of the South.. Dundee United won 3-0 in their tie at home to Ayr United whilst Ross County beat St Mirren 1-0 away from home.

We could probably do that if we schedule the game for August or September when the NPC opens.

I think the only full size indoor pitch in Scotland is at Toryglen, close to Hampden.

is Ravenscraig not full size ?? pretty sure it is

The semi-final draw for the Little Big Shot Youth cup is as follows:

1. Heart of Midlothian or Queen of the South vs Dundee United

2. Ross County vs St. Johnstone or Motherwell

Ties are scheduled to be played on or before Sunday 28th February

More match details will be announced in due course.

Monday, February 08, 2016 11:18 AM

Archived